Thinking of popping the big Q at DLR.....

IAmElsan

Mouseketeer
My partner and I have been together now for almost 3 years (3 at the end of this month to be exact) and I have been toying around with the idea to pop the Q at DLR. We are tentatively planning to head back to DLR/CA around the end of October again (our first visit was last June and it was AWESOME!) and had a small thought of doing it last time but thought it too soon.....but by the time we hopefully head back to the park in Oct it would be roughly 3 1/2 years together, and I just feel it's the right time.

Any suggestions of how to go about it, what can be offered to help when the times comes, etc. would be greatly appreciated as multiple minds thinking at once is much better than just my own mind.

Thanks!!

Congratulations! How exciting! I like water and night time, so I'm thinking night time near water. Maybe with lights. New Orleans Square? Storybookland Canal Boats?

I somewhat recently proposed to my partner at Tokyo Disney (or rather DisneySea to be exact).

As I mentioned in your other thread, my first thought would be to ensure that the proposal reflects what your partner would like (i.e. private vs. public). My only other advice would be to have a back-up plan in the event of inclement weather. I had intended to propose to my partner on the deck of the SS Columbia which overlooks DisneySea and is usually pretty deserted. BUT, heavy rain prevented that from happening so I instead proposed in the Teddy Roosevelt Bar / Lounge on board the SS Columbia. Of course, being California, I'm not sure how much you have to worry about heavy rain potentially washing away your plans.

Good luck!

I'm trying to find a happy medium between a super public type proposal and a really quiet/secluded one too, have some long thinking to do...

Thank you!

Is there a particular ride which is your partner's favourite? Or perhaps a particular character? Maybe try to tie in the proposal to that? Or did you share a special moment somewhere on your previous trip? You could return to that location or try to recreate that moment?

We had a hilarious time with the Evil Queen, but totally not sure if the same lady will still be the Evil Queen on this upcoming trip. She was loud and verbal and all around funny which I've seen is not typical with the Evil a queen being real demure and "snotty" I'm thinking this lady was typically cruella as I know cruella is typically more verbal in the meet and greets.

The PTN parade/fireworks were beyond magical for us too, but noise levels and crowds are pretty crazy at those times although maybe after the fireworks with the castle all lit up and pretty could be a wonderful time to pop the Q too...

I've always considered the Blue Bayou Restaurant one of the most romantic restaurants on any of the US Disney properties. If a restaurant fits your needs at all, this is the one I'd pick.

We did not eat there on our trip last year so we might just have to try it and maybe if I feel the moment is just right I'll do it there.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter