Thinking of upgrading from the DDP ->DxDP, thoughts?

We are upgrading for our next trip to Deluxe Dining. We are eating a signature meal and table service daily...that way we use our 3 credits for the day. We are looking at these meal times as our "down time" from the parks. We had considered going back to the resort during the day for breaks, but because we have elected to try the DDP it's okay with us if our meals take 1-2 hours. We have never done the DDP before but we are having fun reading about all the new restaurants we will be trying, so for us, definitely worth it! :)

We are upgrading for our next trip to Deluxe Dining. We are eating a signature meal and table service daily...that way we use our 3 credits for the day. We are looking at these meal times as our "down time" from the parks. We had considered going back to the resort during the day for breaks, but because we have elected to try the DDP it's okay with us if our meals take 1-2 hours. We have never done the DDP before but we are having fun reading about all the new restaurants we will be trying, so for us, definitely worth it! :)

That was out thoughts also, in having 3 TS credits avail each day that is alot, in using the 2 TS credits at a signature restaurant and knowing it will take 1.5-2 hr each, nice break from the park heat/crowds and being able to get to try some nice places to eat, so looking forward to it!!

In using the DxDP, I carefully looked over the menus and added the cost, with the DxDP was are saving $255 versus POP.........even better yet as the places we had picked out were on our list even before I added a DDP.........nice.....

We have found that the DXDP provides the best value for us when we use it mostly for buffet breakfasts and signature dinners, using our snacks for mid-day food if we need it. I think we could probably get more total dollar value if we did three one credit TS meals, but that is a) way too much food for us and b) way too much time sitting in a restaurant for us. We tend to order the more/most expensive items on the menu at Yachtsman, Jiko, etc. so often times dinner alone pays for the cost of the DXDP for the day, with the other TS credit and snacks being a "bonus."

I'm so excited the deluxe plan will save you $$! When Mr. Spuds and I went 2 years ago we opted for the deluxe plan as well. One table service and one signature meal scheduled for every day. I LOVE a good steak and we were on pace to come out way "ahead." Until I ended up with a mild case of food poisoning/GI issues. :sad: We had to cancel one dinner and one lunch completely. I was so bummed!!! But I wasn't able to leave the room for about 18 hours so I didn't have much of a choice.

Even with those problems, we felt it was a good decision. You can't predict when your stomach will revolt. LOL We loved all of the restaurants we went to--and we wouldn't have made ADR's at most of them had it not been for the deluxe plan.

I'm so excited to hear what you think of the deluxe plan and the food!!!

We have found that the DXDP provides the best value for us when we use it mostly for buffet breakfasts and signature dinners, using our snacks for mid-day food if we need it. I think we could probably get more total dollar value if we did three one credit TS meals, but that is a) way too much food for us and b) way too much time sitting in a restaurant for us. We tend to order the more/most expensive items on the menu at Yachtsman, Jiko, etc. so often times dinner alone pays for the cost of the DXDP for the day, with the other TS credit and snacks being a "bonus."

That is the reason we are getting the DxDP as those types can and do get pricey, it is alot of food but I am mainly getting the DxDP for the convenience more then anything, prepaid, one less thing to worry about paying for, as for the time sitting, we like the break from the heat and crowds, it is always nice to sit in a air conditioned room, relaxing with an adult beverage......this is the first time we are going with NO KIDS!!!!................

I'm so excited the deluxe plan will save you $$! When Mr. Spuds and I went 2 years ago we opted for the deluxe plan as well. One table service and one signature meal scheduled for every day. I LOVE a good steak and we were on pace to come out way "ahead." Until I ended up with a mild case of food poisoning/GI issues. :sad: We had to cancel one dinner and one lunch completely. I was so bummed!!! But I wasn't able to leave the room for about 18 hours so I didn't have much of a choice.

Even with those problems, we felt it was a good decision. You can't predict when your stomach will revolt. LOL We loved all of the restaurants we went to--and we wouldn't have made ADR's at most of them had it not been for the deluxe plan.

I'm so excited to hear what you think of the deluxe plan and the food!!!

Sorry to hear about your stomach issue and I bet it was not fun........As far as the ADR's we made, you are probably right, some of them I would not have made if nit on the DxDP as man that is alot of credits to use up, but we planned it out pretty good and am looking frward to eating at all the places we have plans for, reviews here made ZERO impact on our choices as reviews are VERY selective and really have no impact on my thoughts, I look at the menu and decide from there.......

I'm a big believer in the deluxe, especially for shorter trips. We are staying 7 nights in August, and of course that means that the meals can be spread over 8 days. That's longer than I usually do deluxe, but it was "free" dining, so to upgrade was basically the same as paying for the QS plan. DH can only do the parks for 3 hours or so without a significant break due to medical issues, so for us, it's always table service. I usually choose one restaurant for an early lunch, and then a second for a dinner around 7:30 pm or so. If a few of the restaurants are signature, then the credits are used up easily. The snacks are usually used for a quick breakfast treat (sometimes a cupcake, LOL) or used at the end of the trip for take home treats. I always schedule our last meal for somewhere in Disney Springs so that we can use up our snacks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter