Third Time's the Charm! A June, Oct/Nov and Dec '19 PTR complete 12/22!

Have a great trip, Courtney! Have a great time at Universal (bummer about Volcano Bay - I'd highly recommend you try to work it in sometime as it's GREAT!) and enjoy your annual MNNSHP!

I'm very excited for the trip report once you return!

We're Back!

Thank you all for the wishes for a good trip!

We are back! We had an amazing time. Before the trip people kept asking me "Didn't I think 17 days was too long?" and I'm here to report it definitely isn't! I still cried when it was time to go home and have been wishing to go back since before we even got home!

Luckily, it's just 30 days until my sister and I will be back!

I'll be back to post updates on our plans for that trip ASAP. In the meanwhile, I'm hoping to get closer to finishing the TR for our June trip before I start the new one but I can't wait to share it all!

I'm currently hibernating with Disney + and trying to catch up on the Dis in between unpacking and making our house not look like a tornado hit it!

Friday December 13 Plans

In just 20 days, I'll be solving my post-Disney depression by returning to Disney!

giphy.gif

Some (read: a lot) of people have felt the need to inform me since I returned from my previous trip that

A. It's ridiculous that I'm going back already

and

B. How could I possibly afford to stay in Disney for 17 days and then go again

giphy.gif

I know a lot of you face similar comments from people and I'm glad we have each other to understand and relate to. It's annoying to feel like I have to defend my choices and I would never ask people how they afford the things they spend their money on.

Plus I'm not sure how this is still confusing to people- I've been doing it for years lol.

Thanks everyone for coming to my Ted talk. Onto your regularly scheduled PTR post now!

This trip is a sisters' trip! Mike wasn't invited, nor could he take the days off work if he had been lol.

As a refresher, here's me and my sister (Kimberly)!

59632162_10213808927362157_4055370994909446144_n.jpg

We've traveled to WDW together many a time but not too frequently recently since she just graduated college this year.

The second time we went to Disney together was in December of 2015 to celebrate her 21st birthday! It was a great trip full of laughter, alcohol and birthday and Christmas magic.

That year, Epcot had more than 5 days a year without a festival and it was just "Holidays Around The World". The next year, the Epcot International Festival of the Holidays became a thing and I've wanted to see it ever since. Then, the Orlando Informer announced their meetup dates at Universal in December and this trip was born!

We fly out of Newark at the lovely hour of 5 am on December 13. If things go the way they always do, this means I'll leave everything possible to the last minute on the 12th and sleep for about 2 hours before we have to leave for the airport!

We should land at 7:45 and then get the Magical Express to All-Star Movies. Mike and I were supposed to stay here on our most recent trip but I added a night and changed all our plans (as I do best) so it will be a new resort for both of us!

We have a preferred room booked so I've requested a room in the Toy Story section.

I don't expect our room will be ready when we get there but hopefully it will be ready early so we can rest a little.

That night we're going to the Orlando Informer meet up at Universal!
orlando informer meetup.jpeg

I've wanted to go to one of these events since they started them a couple years ago but the timing never worked out.

They're similar to the Disney After Hours events. With the ticket, we can get into the parks at 5 pm. The parks close to the general public at 7 pm and then we have exclusive park access from 7-12:30.

The best part? It includes unlimited food and drinks!

IMG_4398.jpg

I intend to drink as much butterbeer as possible!

We loved Grinchmas in 2015 so the plan is to start in Islands of Adventure at 5 and hit the rides in Seuss Landing.

12496413_1521525501480853_3845191289699991611_o.jpg

There's a Who-liday spectacular show at 5:45 so we'll catch that.

I've been combing the internet trying to find tips and strategies for the event but all I've seen really is people saying not to start in the Harry Potter areas so I guess we'll follow that guide and enjoy then night!

SO FUN!

And honestly people are rude and i hate it! Just saying!

Also why do i feel like i know so many people going that weekend, i had a tentative trip and canceled and i am majorly regretting it as at least 5 people (only two from the DIS) i know are going... what is that!

Have so much fun!

How fun that you're going to the Orlando Informer event! I read a TR this spring that included that event and it looked GREAT! I can't wait to read all about it!

It's tough to listen to the people who don't get taking lots of vacations and traveling a lot. They'll always try to rain on your parade. Honestly, going back to WDW right after a trip sounds perfect, because you're usually in a post-Disney slump, anyways. What else could pull you out?!

Unlimited butter beer sounds like the best thing, ever. :love:

And honestly people are rude and i hate it! Just saying!

Seriously!! I don't ask people why they vacation where they vacation :confused3 :confused3

Also why do i feel like i know so many people going that weekend, i had a tentative trip and canceled and i am majorly regretting it as at least 5 people (only two from the DIS) i know are going... what is that!

Really?? Oh man- go anyway lol jk

How fun that you're going to the Orlando Informer event! I read a TR this spring that included that event and it looked GREAT! I can't wait to read all about it!

I'm so excited to go! It sounds fantastic so I hope it's as good as it sounds!

It's tough to listen to the people who don't get taking lots of vacations and traveling a lot. They'll always try to rain on your parade.

It really is so frustrating especially because some people are so rude about it.

Honestly, going back to WDW right after a trip sounds perfect, because you're usually in a post-Disney slump, anyways. What else could pull you out?!

Exactly!

Unlimited butter beer sounds like the best thing, ever. :love:

I know!! That might be what I'm most excited for about the event lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!