Third Time's The Charm At The DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM Fall '19! (COMPLETE - 8/14)

Yay on riding FOP twice :woohoo:

Haha on being thanked for spraying other visitors.

Ah your encounter at Satu’li Canteen sounded awkward but at least you started discussing your College Programme Experience.

I'm so glad you loved FoP! It really is an incredible ride!. Satu'li Canteen has some really cool/good food! If you haven't yet, you need to try the blueberry cream cheese mousse. My family fought over it it was so good!

Looking forward to more adventures.

You really had the quintessential Pandora/AK day. :lovestruc Long wait for FoP seemed totally worth it! I loved reading your review and I could actually feel the excitement and passion for the ride! It really is a pretty awesome feat of imagineering. :goodvibes I'm also a big fan of Satu'li Canteen. And usually I basically have the same order as you! But I usually get the potato hash.

im shocked! i had no idea that you enjoyed flight of passage! do you think it's a ride i should wait in a line for when i go to disney's animal kingdom theme park this august? please report back with more of this opinion.

Who said dat?

; )

this is a FAMILY board

Daddy is a member of the family... is he not?

ARE YOU KIDDING YOU SAW JOSEPH???? I HAD NO IDEA OMG MY LOVE

*quietly reminds you of the later tea on Joseph...*

My body is READY

It BETTAH

So glad you loved FOP. I was so nervous to ride it the first time because I get motion sick, but I absolutely loved it!!!!! I also loved NRV. The animatronics are out of this world.

Pandora is just so brilliant with both attractions but I'm so ready for SWGE to knock all our socks off with the one-two knockout of Smugglers Run and Rise of the Resistance.

Ah- I love FoP Soooo much! I dream about it. (That sounds super weird to write, but it's totally true- even before I had even went on it in real life.) I'm jealous you got to see Daddy Avatar twice- I've never seen him up close- just through the glass, as I've only ridden it at Rope Drop or with FP in the 6+ times I've been on it.

I literally was dreaming about it too I loved it so much. And awww, you need to catch it at the end of the night. You get to him real quick once Rivers of Light and all that is happening. Very few left in line.

Yay on riding FOP twice :woohoo:

Haha on being thanked for spraying other visitors.

Ah your encounter at Satu’li Canteen sounded awkward but at least you started discussing your College Programme Experience.

It was all very fun, even with the awkward encounter. It's kinda hard for it not to be awkward when you normally expect someone bussing tables to just go along with life lol

Sounds like a great time in Pandora! I'm glad you got to ride FoP twice and that you loved it!!

It was and YES FoP is the best. Still not sure after riding it so much if it's still my fave but I adore it.

I'm so glad you loved FoP! It really is an incredible ride!. Satu'li Canteen has some really cool/good food! If you haven't yet, you need to try the blueberry cream cheese mousse. My family fought over it it was so good!

Looking forward to more adventures.

Blueberry cream cheese mousse. Sounds divine. I will make note of that for when I have money again lol I need a Satuli date for me, myself and I again desperately.

You really had the quintessential Pandora/AK day. :lovestruc Long wait for FoP seemed totally worth it! I loved reading your review and I could actually feel the excitement and passion for the ride! It really is a pretty awesome feat of imagineering. :goodvibes I'm also a big fan of Satu'li Canteen. And usually I basically have the same order as you! But I usually get the potato hash.

I really did. I just missed DAK so much. And seeing it thrive with Pandora... WOW. Imagineering is really going places in WDW. We're truly not gonna be ready for whatever is cooking in the Resistance forest. Whew. And what great taste you have with Satuli. I'm definitely gonna mix it up there next time so maybe I'll have some hash too lol

I'm definitely heading into a really busy time once again so I thought I'd give you a quick lowdown on things before I disappear for another extended period of time.

As you probably could have guessed, I am officially working as a regular opening team cast member in Galaxy's Edge. I gotta tell y'all it was definitely the most daunting training I have been through. There is A LOT of pressure on us as Merchandise Cast Members over here and we have A LOT to know how to do. It's lots of fun but again very stressful plus the pressure. I actually had my first shift today and it was definitely the most nerve-wracking thing I've dealt with since beginning this program. I made it through and ready for day two tomorrow.

Before however, I took full advantage of the fact that as a Merchandise Cast Member at Walt Disney World, I'm able to trade with most anyone for anything and managed to work at all four parks plus Disney Springs and I thought I'd share where I got to work and the multitude of costumes I got to wear.

I'll start first with my original home location at Sunset Boulevard and continue along from there.

Indoor Shops (Once Upon A Time & Beverly Sunset)

Ranch Pins & Theater of the Stars Cart

Not long after I started working there, I was deployed to Animation Courtyard as people were soon getting to deployed to Galaxy's Edge. This covered many areas around Hollywood Studios including...

Toy Story Land

Hub Carts, Walt Disney Presents and Municiberg Gifts

(also Outdoor Stock on Sunset)

In Character, Studio Store and Courtyard Cart

During that week, I also hopped over to Epcot where social anxiety near killed me when I worked over at Pin Central in the classic "poptart" Future World costume.

Pin Central

After some more time in Animation Courtyard and a hop back to Sunset, I spent two days over in Fantasyland.

Fantasyland

Followed by a day at the main entrance to Disney's Animal Kingdom.

DAK Main Entrance

After saying goodbye to Sunset, I decided to try my luck at the Main Street Emporium.

Emporium

Finishing it off with an evening at Pin Traders in Disney Springs.

Pin Traders

And now I'll never be able to go back. Tragic. A bit of an over-exaggeration but still kinda tragic. I really loved being EHH and I would've loved to have continued it, but trading that away for Galaxy's Edge is a pretty sweet deal.

Not to mention, I came back to Studios right as they began letting us Studios cast members into the land.

First, they announced testing of Smugglers Run, which ended up being three days of DHS cast exclusive visits to the land as well as rides on the attraction. I managed to make it all three days and rode it 8 times in that time (coming to the realization that Piloting the Millennium Falcon might be my new calling). I also got to try Kat-Saka's Pop Grain and Blue Milk. A pretty successful run.

Then, the day my on-the-job training began at Galaxy's Edge was the same day as the special DHS Cast Expo where I got to spend the day learning more about the land while working and for a quick little hour and a half jaunt. I jumped into the cockpit of the Millennium Falcon for the 9th time that day while also visiting all locations and trying some of their specialties such as Green Milk, more pop grain, Sour Sarlacc and many more. I even got to go inside Oga's Cantina TWICE. There also might've been a cool photo op with Jedi robes. Blessed be I get to do this before I'm blocked out as a cast member.

I've since been on Batuu one more time as a guest for a Cast Preview on August 2nd. I invited @AMusicLifeForMe to join me and although it rained for our entire preview we still made the best of it, taking as many pictures as we could, sampling local delicacies such as the Ronto Wrap and the Tattooine Sunset. We even managed to get some Photopass shots before it really came down. Not to mention, spent our life savings on everything (or maybe that was more Zach hehe) Overall, a great night in cute little Batuu.

I probably won't be in the land anytime soon as a guest but you can find my quiet Galman self making sure Oga is satisfied at various merchant points on Batuu. If you're visiting Black Spire Outpost any time soon, be sure to come looking for me. I'm always happy to tell new travelers all the special stories and history of our little city. Until then, enjoy these photos that peak into what you will come to expect on your first visit to Batuu.

'Till the Spire!!

As you probably could have guessed, I am officially working as a regular opening team cast member in Galaxy's Edge. I gotta tell y'all it was definitely the most daunting training I have been through. There is A LOT of pressure on us as Merchandise Cast Members over here and we have A LOT to know how to do. It's lots of fun but again very stressful plus the pressure. I actually had my first shift today and it was definitely the most nerve-wracking thing I've dealt with since beginning this program. I made it through and ready for day two tomorrow.

*quietly but firmly reminds you that you are stronger than the pressure, training, and stress. You've got this, babe!!*

Toy Story Land

My favorite boy in my favorite land?!? A dream come true.

In Character, Studio Store and Courtyard Cart

This shirt is SUCH a look on you???

First, they announced testing of Smugglers Run, which ended up being three days of DHS cast exclusive visits to the land as well as rides on the attraction. I managed to make it all three days and rode it 8 times in that time (coming to the realization that Piloting the Millennium Falcon might be my new calling). I also got to try Kat-Saka's Pop Grain and Blue Milk. A pretty successful run.

THRIVING!!! I am so happy for you!!!!

Love all the different locations you got to work! And whoa- Galaxy's Edge looks like a dream come true! I can't wait to experience it in a few short months!

So happy you enjoyed your CM preview at SWGE!!!!

It was so much fun all the times I got to play around in Batuu and now it's MY JOB. Amazing.

*quietly but firmly reminds you that you are stronger than the pressure, training, and stress. You've got this, babe!!*

I know I know. And I'm doing fine. I'm just... adjusting that's all. Love you and all your support and tough love.

My favorite boy in my favorite land?!? A dream come true.

If only I could pick up a shift for when you get here :'(

This shirt is SUCH a look on you???

The most positive thing I can say about that location is the shirt though...

THRIVING!!! I am so happy for you!!!!

Love youuuuuu <3

Love all the different locations you got to work! And whoa- Galaxy's Edge looks like a dream come true! I can't wait to experience it in a few short months!

It's just been so wild this program. I'm still in disbelief about what I've been able to do. It's definitely been quite the different experience from my past two programs.

Amazing you are working in Batu'u!
Will you be there for the passholder previews? We're scheduled for the morning of the 17th!

It's been crazy but I love working for Oga (as long as I don't see her). I actually will be there for AP previews. I'm working the 17th but I will be closing so I probably will miss y'all :/

LOVE your photos from Batuu!! Wow crazy to think you've ridden Smuggler's Run so many times. Are you like really good at smuggling now?

Also, super neat to say you've worked at all the parks plus DS!

There is A LOT of pressure on us as Merchandise Cast Members over here and we have A LOT to know how to do. It's lots of fun but again very stressful plus the pressure.

Oh my goodness, I bet this is wild! You'll do great, but I'm sure it can be stressful.

And now I'll never be able to go back. Tragic. A bit of an over-exaggeration but still kinda tragic. I really loved being EHH and I would've loved to have continued it, but trading that away for Galaxy's Edge is a pretty sweet deal.

Woah! You really made your way around WDW! I loved the photos of all the different costumes. You wear them so well! But definitely cool to trade that for Galaxy's Edge.

I jumped into the cockpit of the Millennium Falcon for the 9th time that day

Woah!!

I probably won't be in the land anytime soon as a guest but you can find my quiet Galman self making sure Oga is satisfied at various merchant points on Batuu. If you're visiting Black Spire Outpost any time soon, be sure to come looking for me. I'm always happy to tell new travelers all the special stories and history of our little city.

We managed to get an AP preview, so I'll keep an eye out for you when we're there!

I love this very much.

LOVE your photos from Batuu!! Wow crazy to think you've ridden Smuggler's Run so many times. Are you like really good at smuggling now?

Thank you! And yes, I'm a very good pilot. Optimal position for me if you decide to let me join your crew.

Also, super neat to say you've worked at all the parks plus DS!

I'm so shook I managed to do it. I so thought I'd chicken out but I did it!

Will you be there the evening of the 25th? :rolleyes1

I won't find out until next Sunday. I'll keep you posted lol

Oh my goodness, I bet this is wild! You'll do great, but I'm sure it can be stressful.

Lots of pressure but I'm trying to channel it into the energy needed to keep up with it all.

Woah! You really made your way around WDW! I loved the photos of all the different costumes. You wear them so well! But definitely cool to trade that for Galaxy's Edge.

Awww thank you! I really loved it and I'm gonna miss picking up elsewhere but to sacrifice that to be on the Galaxy's Edge opening team... that's all good with me.

Yup.

We managed to get an AP preview, so I'll keep an eye out for you when we're there!

Omg yay! Let me know which date!

I love this very much.

Awww thank you! The photopass and I were really feeling the look I was giving.

Always Overly Punctual
6/9/19: Welcome to Ops & Epcot!

After only around 3 hours of sleep, it was time to take on my day of Welcome to Operations (Welcome to Ops for short). If you missed my rant about this on my DLR TR, you can guess by my look it's not my favorite day. Welcome to Ops is a very by-the-books type day and just drags. After my first Welcome to Ops, I wished it was mixed in with something more exciting and then when I got to Disneyland and experienced their equivalent, Step Into The Magic, I came back to this and was bothered. Don't get me wrong, training to work for Disney is a magical experience nonetheless but this is just a very paper dry day and with it being in the hours before I'm truly awake... it was a difficult morning to get through. Not to mention, I was up super early for it. Thank goodness I had Zach, Kat and made a few more friends along with to also push me along.

Not to mention, I ended up in this room for the class:

Our facilitators were Brian, Andy and Hannah. I mention them because mad props to them as they really managed to make this not-so-difficult. It is well known this is the most difficult class to get through on any level and they really tried to make it lovely and fun for everyone. In short, we got through it. The other Andy, Andy of Safety In Motion, also was helpful too. ;)

After the class got out, I went back to Vista Way to reconfigure myself. I did some laundry, took a nap and eventually decided that today would be a good Epcot day...

Which really was not the case.

It was quite the journey getting to Epcot. I first hopped on the A bus to drop me off at the Contemporary when come to find out the monorail is down so I got on a bus from the Contemporary to the TTC where I finally was able to get on the monorail to Epcot. Let's also not forget that because of how Epcot is set up, I had to go through security TWICE in the midst of this. Holy mackerel. Then you'd think my wild adventure was done after that. Oh no. When I got to Epcot, my blue ID was not working to get me into the park so off I went to Guest Relations once more where they took a bit while longer than normal but he told me he put me on a case file so that whenever I needed to ask for park access they'd just have to bring up the file. More on how that worked another day.

But I got into the park no problem. Hello Epcot!

I headed straight to the back of Future World where I stopped by this little joint.

The rumors are aflood after the concept art for the Future World reimagining was released and it points to Club Cool as the next to be put on the chopping block. I, of course, had to stop by and relive a... fond memory.

Click to watch!

Yup, way worse than I remembered. I don't want to hear that palet cleanser spiel here. It tastes awful and should not be meant for human consumption period. Good riddance Beverly. Thank goodness the Fanta Melon Frosty was right next to it and that washed it down well.

After my moment over there, I hopped over to The Land pavilion where I was reunited with Living With The Land and Soarin'.

Click to watch!

For my RuPaul fans...

Click to watch!

It was great to be back in The Land. I don't know why but Epcot was feeling so comforting today. I genuinely didn't understand it but... I missed her. Disneyland really changed me let me tell ya. Not to mention, FoP definitely makes Soarin' not feel nearly as affecting as it used to (although I still love immensely).

Once I finished with The Land, I hopped next door to go see my favorite purple dragon.

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Figment never fails to make me smile and just feel giddy. I will never understand those who can possibly hate this attraction as much as they do. Please redirect all that energy to Stitch's Great Escape, Speedway and just the mess of attractions that are probably on the chopping block over there.

On my way out, I also stopped by to catch some new friends on the interwebs. I had almost forgotten they were gonna be around, but y'know we love a good coinkydink.

It wasn't the greatest M&G. It kinda was very reminiscent of the last time I met them back in 2014. Vanellope kinda was where my attention went and Ralph was just there. It was uncomfortable. Not to mention the family before me were hogging the characters and the kids were being really... creepy with them. I can't remember exactly but I felt really bad for Ralph and Vanellope as well as the attendant who was trying her best to politely stop what was going on. That all filtered into mine which is fine. I still got to remind MY president of her worth.

Once I got out of Imagination and back into Future World, I decided to ride my favorite attraction at Epcot that is WDW/Epcot exclusive: Spaceship Earth!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

I missed her. And with knowing what I know now about the history of this attraction. The DisNerd JUMPS OUT. It was also nice to see my face appear on my future in the end. A rare occasion as I would soon find out.

I decided after that that I wanted to spend some more time in World Showcase and get a good once through before I departed. Maybe watch IllumiNations who knows.

However as I began my journey, the rain started coming down to so I ducked into Mexico to evade it.

Click to watch!

Obviously, a boat tour with the Three Caballeros sounded nice.

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

The rain had stopped after that. It was still pretty gloomy but it got me to China where I stopped in Lotus Blossom Cafe for dinner.

I can't remember what I got's name exactly but it was a pretty basic Chinese rice dish and I really liked it. Not my favorite and nothing too extravagant or stand-out, but it was enough to fill me up. Once I finished eating I walked through the pavilion where my affinity for fans and Shanghai Disneyland came to the surface.

Click to boomerang!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

I JUST WANT A TRIP TO ALL THE ASIA DISNEY PARKS, OK!!!!

Anyways, after I spent some time in there, I went back to trekking across the World Showcase. The rain came back and was just as steady as it was earlier. I thought it would let up but it got harder and harder and HARDER with LIGHTNING and THUNDER until I was finally forced to hide in the Italy gift shop.

Click to watch!

This prompted me to get my hands on a ponch. Yes it did indeed. (From a cute Italian boy nonetheless).

If you're timing this right, you'll note that it was almost time for IllumiNations about now. Yet it was pouring rain with lightning strikes heard all around us. All terrifyingly close.

Yet...

Click to watch!

I could feel the lightning it was so close. And you mean to tell me Epcot wasn't going to cancel a show that maybe five people were gonna watch? Blew me away. They were fighting through it. I never got to see it until the end because I wanted to get home so I finally braved the rain and ended up soaking my shoes in the process. My poncho and umbrella did their job but the rest... didn't have much protection, not to mention the bus shelter.

It was just all very wet. Wet in the bus shelter, wet in open air, wet on the bus, off the bus and back to the room. I was just wet and not loving it. Luckily, my day was pretty great and it didn't put a damper on it but hopefully the next time I thought I'd be able to see IllumiNations it won't be lightning strikes every two feet.

After what felt like a forever bus ride home, I warmed myself up, dried off, updated my TR journal and finally was ready to fall asleep. The day had its crazy moments as did the night and I just wanted to step away from it. However, nothing lasts forever and I was back out making magic very very soon enough.

Continue Here

Last edited:
Awesome, please do, would love to say hi. We were invited as guests to someone else's preview so I'm very excited I get to go over 2 weekends!

That is exciting! I'll be sure to let you know if I'm around on that day.

11-3 on the 21st! (And seeing as that's basically the hottest part of the day, I'll probably be using that as an excuse to cool off and do lots of browsing the merch. :laughing:)

Oh ok! I usually work evenings so I have a feeling I might not be there but I will let you know. Tomorrow evening is when I will see what days I'm working that week.

ahhh this is so fun!!! my boss worked in HS for his CP! I just inhaled your story so far and am following you on IG~ so fun!!!

Oh that's so cool! And :welcome: I'm glad you're enjoying it so far. :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter