Third Time's The Charm At The DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM Fall '19! (COMPLETE - 8/14)

Yeah, I don't like this. Insert me and my 3 MDE accounts :upsidedow

An MDE QUEEN.

THE SUPERIOR POKEMON, WE STAN

Memo to me to protect her from Dorian.

The TASTE here

i know right?

YESSSS WE LOVE TSL

Underrated land.

You're correct

Indeed.

Okay this made me genuinely laugh

All the twitter influencers. Everywhere.

Tea! We love bonding

Jessie and I are actual sisters.

I'm back and caught up again! Haven't done much quoting/commenting since I'm doing a lot of Dis-reading these days, but I really enjoyed your last EPCOT/DHS update :)

CAPTAIN MARVEL AND I ARE GOING TO ANNIHILATE THE PATRIARCHY!!

:lovestruc:lovestruc

I ran into a friend from my first program, Jordan. She works Slinky Dog and had just received FT and was more than happy to get me on whatever including Slinky. She also managed to grace me with a FP for Tower. Wow, lucky day for me. I thanked her a gazillion times as I was let into the Slinky Dog FP line.

Oh my goodness, awesome! A great day to have friends in high places at DHS!

I went over by Aliens Swirling Saucers (the one with my favorite acronym hehe)

hehehe

Hi Timmy! I'll be in Disney starting a week from today and definitely in HS on the 22nd. If you are working, I'd love to say hi again!!! My husband, Joe has a reservation at Oga's that day at 11:55. I couldn't get one for the 2 of us, but that's ok cause he's the bigger SW fan. My niece and I have a ressie at Hollywood and Vine at 11:35. Let me know if you are free. I still have your number. :P We will be in Disney from the 21st to the 26th.

I'm back and caught up again! Haven't done much quoting/commenting since I'm doing a lot of Dis-reading these days, but I really enjoyed your last EPCOT/DHS update :)

Lol I'm so behind this is so nbd but I'm glad you've caught up. Memo to me to do the same.

But same.

Oh my goodness, awesome! A great day to have friends in high places at DHS!

Oh yes. Luckily the conditions at DHS have bettered shockingly.

We all been knew.

Hi Timmy! I'll be in Disney starting a week from today and definitely in HS on the 22nd. If you are working, I'd love to say hi again!!! My husband, Joe has a reservation at Oga's that day at 11:55. I couldn't get one for the 2 of us, but that's ok cause he's the bigger SW fan. My niece and I have a ressie at Hollywood and Vine at 11:35. Let me know if you are free. I still have your number. :P We will be in Disney from the 21st to the 26th.

Oh my goodness how exciting! I will be working every day during your stay so I'm not sure how much I'll be in the parks or specifically Studios, but you may run across me in Savi's courtyard, which is always dependent on needs over there. So we'll just keep an eye out for each other and I hope Joe enjoys the cantina! He'll be getting to do it before I do lol

Meanwhile In A Galaxy Far Far Away
Where Have I Been?

Hey friends! What's up? It's been a minute.

No, I have not forgotten about this trip report and needing to y'know... catch up and thus finish it, I've just been quite busy. Ever since Galaxy's Edge opened, I've been working some wild hours and not to mention only get one day off A WEEK. It's crazy. I don't need to tell you anymore for you to know it's been really tough and I just barely have time to really sit down and do more outside of what I'm used to doing on the daily or during a college program.

However, I really want to finish this trip report for my sake and for y'all's. The notes have gotten more vague and such, but I want to truly have this roller coaster experience documented from beginning until the very bitter end. As is, I didn't want to just drop an update on you from back in June when LOTS has changed as you know since.

To begin, GALAXY'S EDGE opened! WOOT WOOT! *broken record*

Just a brief overview of my day, I was basically in Studios from 9am until midnight. My shift wasn't until 12:15 in the afternoon but I got there super early because I thought there might be traffic but it wasn't all that bad. It was crazy once I did get into work, but overall a really good day. I won't go into details but I was basically crying all the happy tears at the end of the night due to specific instances.

Since then it's been... not bad. That opening weekend was consistently crazy then thanks to Hurricane Dorian, things kinda died. People cancelled vacations and all that and it just hasn't recovered. It was pretty busy this weekend but nothing to equate opening weekend. As a result, it's kinda dragged and we've hit a constant that makes things some days difficult but I'm getting through it and all-in-all, still like working where I'm at.

Speaking of Dorian... yeah it was same as Matthew. We expected the worst and instead just got rain... and this rain wasn't even nearly as bad as Matthew. Not to mention, I spent a whole day at a very empty Epcot. Worth it.

Aside from that, we've also hit my favorite time of the year...

:maleficenHALLOWEEN!!:maleficen

Yes, Halloween for me begins when Disney says it begins and that was in August and now we're finally in October so I'm allowed to be as happy about, in my opinion, the best holiday.

As a result of my fanaticism about the holiday, I've already managed to go to TWO Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Parties and SEVEN Halloween Horror Nights (going to my EIGHTH tomorrow night). I've even done the Unmasking the Horror Tour over at Universal. They have been an absolute blast and a major highlight for me. Not to mention, some excursions to Food & Wine... can't forget about that. It's gotten me through some really tough moments and I'm glad to have those getaways.

Speaking of getaways, another thing...

I'M NOW A UNIVERSAL ORLANDO ANNUAL PASSHOLDER!!

Yup. After being all "Will I or Won't I?" about it I bit the bullet and I'm already getting some great use out of it.

With all that going on, I thought for this update aside from giving you some insight to what has been going on, I'd also give you some reviews of some things. Here is just a rundown of all this new stuff coming to the parks that I've experienced and my thoughts.

~MICKEY'S NOT SO SCARY~

New Boo To You Additions

Constance Hatchaway is a legend and deserved her addition but the Incredibles have proven once again that their presence in a parade is not always needed.

Deep Space Mountain

not-so-scary-halloween-party-2018-space-mountain-1.jpg

This genuinely had me terrified. Damn it is DARK and it is INTENSE. I love the music they play and UGH it's so much fun. I highly recommend this and I would say it only slightly sits in second to my favorite Space overlay, Hyperspace Mountain.

Actors in Pirates of the Caribbean

Mickeys-Not-So-Scary-Halloween-Party-Pirates-0815ZS_0285MS-800x400.jpg

They are fun, but... I don't know. There is cohesion lacking with it and I just feel there's a better way to use actors like that.

Not So Spooky Spectacular

jack-skellington-video-disneys-not-so-spooky-spectacular.jpg

It's not an awful replacement for HalloWishes but HalloWishes far outdid Not So Spooky. It just doesn't fit with how Disney Halloween is at all or Jack Skellington and is just trying too hard to be Halloween and Disney at the same time in a way that doesn't work. I saw it once and don't need to see it again. I'll forever mourn the loss of HalloWishes.

>>HALLOWEEN HORROR NIGHTS<<

House Rankings (Worst to Best)

Yeti: Terror of the Yukon

I had high expectations because everyone was loving this house but I just... It wasn't scary nor did it really have me interested in what was happening. It was just a bunch of eskimos shooting what I'd call distorted Fantasmic monkeys. The fact I've done it three times has all been just to make sure friends have done all the houses. It has grown on me, but I'm still not a huge fan.

House of 1000 Corpses

house-of-1000-corpses-hhn-poster.jpg

I finally watched the movie and it does do a good job but it's just not a house I feel the need to go back to. The movie is really out there in a way that's not finessed and the house is the same way. It's not disturbing as much as it is gratuitous, but it is nice to have a slasher house around.

Stranger Things 2 & 3

Stranger-Things-at-Halloween-Horror-Nights-2018-1440x900.jpg

I was really excited for a Stranger Things house since I wasn't there for last year's. This year's isn't awful but it's definitely disappointing. WAY too many strobes in this house. The casting feels off. Season 3 got glazed over. I just wanted more. It's still fun to go through, but it could've been way better had they maybe done one season.

Nightingales: Blood Pit

This house got me more than I expected. It's still not a favorite but I love the concept and the facade is pretty cool, it just doesn't stick out in my mind like some others (minus the gladiator men hehe). I also have got to say it's definitely gotten better as the event has gone on so I do enjoy. I feel bad for some of the scare actors (I have a friend on 'fire crew' so I know it's not the most fun house).

Us

US_HHN29.jpg

Many say this is the most terrifying house this year and I don't really agree. It's pretty tame on the fright factor to be honest, especially after multiple walkthroughs. The creepy factor is there. It slow boils like the film and sends a chill down your spine which makes it stand out, but it is short or at least feels short. That's never really a positive in most scenarios.

Depths of Fear

image1-1-1440x900.jpg

MOUTHBROODERS FOREVER. I love this house. The storytelling here plays out like some sci-fi thriller a la Alien and it's just so much fun. You really feel like you're in the midst of a monster invasion under the ocean. It's so cool. Not to mention, it's the one house where you don't make it out alive and I love that little detail. It's just really cool and one that always has me in awe.

Ghostbusters

This is the house that has gotten better with each walkthrough I did. I wasn't sure how it would do as a house, but they captured the film perfectly while also giving us some really cool scares. I also love that we have an actress live on a mic just vamping and really living the moment of the film. Many say this is the best house of the year and while I could see why it isn't. I have a top three that I know will just remain unchanged.

Killer Klowns From Outer Space

Another I recently watched the film for and I didn't even need the film to love this house. It's so goofy and fun. Not necessarily scary, but it's so hilarious to see people freak out in this one. It may not showcase the film in a way you'd want to see from an IP but I think what they did was perfect. The essence of the film is there and the energy is wonderful. Not to mention, this is the one house with the triggers and yeah I press ALL OF THEM.

Graveyard Games

By far the scariest house this year. A very classic haunted house with a story so unbelievably well told you need to walk through multiple times. It even begins in the queue line which is something I have yet to see at horror nights. Not to mention, once you get inside there is so much to see. It is beautiful and has that creep factor that Us capitalizes on but some really great scare tactics. Many of which have had me running through rooms. Oh it is exactly what HHN needed this year to not be thought of as going soft. It could easily be number one but there is one I love just a slight more.

Universal Monsters

An absolutely gorgeous house that manages to be both classic and modern. It's also pretty scary which I didn't expect. Not to mention, highlights some classic monsters who don't nearly get enough noise. I have to go through it every night because it is so perfect and beautiful. To take multiple IPs and mash them into one house... they really did an incredible job and it just warms my heart. I cannot fully explain how much I love this house but it'll definitely be one I'll love for many HHNs to come.

Oh and because it is relevant...

EPCOT FOREVER

I know the opinion on this has been quite divisive so I thought I'd state my case. I was sad to see IllumiNations go. Legitimately, considering how many special memories I have of it. If you've read my past TRs, you know this show has impacted my love of Disney in a way many nighttime shows or at least fireworks never have.

But its time was up. Even before Wishes in my honest opinion. It's time for a new one. Epcot Forever is clearly a place filler while HarmonioUS is ironed out, but I really love it. It's cute. It's fun seeing the history of Epcot celebrated and for Disney to actually give us a nice fan service celebration for once (a fireworks show with 'Listen To The Land' and 'Veggie Veggie Fruit Fruit'? We WANTED this.) Also, the kites are AMAZING. I hope they use them in HarmonioUS cause they are GORJJJ.

But ok, I think that covers it...

OH WAIT!

I'VE BEEN ACCEPTED INTO AN EXTENSION AT GALAXY'S EDGE MERCH UNTIL MAY.

Yup, I'm gonna be here past January, CONFIRMED. Same role, same location. I had hoped for a switch but whatevs I'll tough it out building scrap metal with Savi a bit longer. Many of my friends got the same offer so I'll be around a lot of the same great people.

The current roommate situation... that is the real problem.

Well, I guess that's that for now. I promise I plan on finishing this or at least giving you proper closure. I have so much to talk about. This is just barely scratching the surface. Stick around please and again, check out my instagram @thatdisneykween for more live updates to keep up with what's going on.

I'll see you all again real soon!

:earboy2:

Continue Here

Last edited:

Glad your doing great. So happy that you got the extension. Poopers about the roomys

Thank you! And yeeeah, but I'll figure it out. Many mountains to climb but you always got that beautiful view from the top.

Looks like you're having fun and been very busy! Congrats on the extension!!

I am on both accounts. And thank you! I'm really not gonna be leaving at this point lol

Yay! I’ll be there in Dec and April, so hope to see you! Sorry about the roomies.

How many houses at Universal can you get through in one night?!

They are fun, but... I don't know. There is cohesion lacking with it and I just feel there's a better way to use actors like that.
I agree 100%. I wasn't impressed at DAH Villians or MNSSHP.

I'VE BEEN ACCEPTED INTO AN EXTENSION AT GALAXY'S EDGE MERCH UNTIL MAY.
Congratulations!!! That's awesome news!

The current roommate situation... that is the real problem.
OH no!!!!

Great to see you back on the boards Timmy. :P I finally saw SWGE a few weeks ago and I totally get why the crowds have fallen. It's an impressive land, don't get me wrong. There's just not a lot to do there in my opinion, unless you want to make an overpriced lightsaber or droid. Hopefully, things will pick up when the second attraction opens...That being said...I will be back in January and March to give it another try...

Joe and I started a YouTube channel. Check us out at Jen and Joe on the Go and let me know what you think. Don't laugh too much. LOL! :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Yay! I’ll be there in Dec and April, so hope to see you! Sorry about the roomies.

Wooo!! I'll definitely be on the lookout but don't ever be afraid to say hello. I'm a lot friendlier than I look some days.

And it's mostly just one roomie... but I might have a solution already.

How many houses at Universal can you get through in one night?!

I've actually done all ten with one having been done twice. Probably could've done more twice but I wanted to hang out in Vanity Ball, my favorite scare zone. It is possible, but it's definitely more difficult than my first days there. Last night, my friend and I left after 4 houses because the waits were just way too much and we'd already done all of them, many multiple times. September is the best time to go to HHN.

I agree 100%. I wasn't impressed at DAH Villians or MNSSHP.

I had friends who loved it and I was like... y'all need to see how Disneyland does holiday overlays because the comparison would blow your mind.

Congratulations!!! That's awesome news!

Thank you! I'm happy I still have a steady place to stay and work at.

OH no!!!!

*ahem* Might have a solution already.

Great to see you back on the boards Timmy. :P I finally saw SWGE a few weeks ago and I totally get why the crowds have fallen. It's an impressive land, don't get me wrong. There's just not a lot to do there in my opinion, unless you want to make an overpriced lightsaber or droid. Hopefully, things will pick up when the second attraction opens...That being said...I will be back in January and March to give it another try...

They've actually started to pick back up. I don't know why. School is well into session but this past week and the week prior were really busy. No one really understood and we're still confused but it doesn't affect my main location that much so I'm not complaining. Anything to have less stressed out leadership.

But yeah, it clearly exists for one reason and one reason only.

Joe and I started a YouTube channel. Check us out at Jen and Joe on the Go and let me know what you think. Don't laugh too much. LOL! :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

I did see that! I'm taking a day off from everything tomorrow so I'll definitely check it out then while I tidy up my apartment. Looking forward to hopefully seeing you again in 2020!

Finally got to your report! So happy you received the extension. Sorry about the roommate, ugh. Maybe you could invite him
to HHN and 'lose' him in one of the houses?? Or a SA could scare 😱some sense into him. :rotfl2:
Still, could be so much worse.... you could have TWO horrid roommates.:scared1:
At least you have HHN and fun days at Disney to carry you through the bad roommate and the tough days at work.
My fun day is a trip to the grocery store. woohoo! Or finding time to watch one of the Halloween cooking shows on TV.:cool1:
Hope I didn't make you jealous.:laughing:

Last edited:
Finally got to your report! So happy you received the extension. Sorry about the roommate, ugh. Maybe you could invite him
to HHN and 'lose' him in one of the houses?? Or a SA could scare 😱some sense into him. :rotfl2:
Still, could be so much worse.... you could have TWO horrid roommates.:scared1:
At least you have HHN and fun days at Disney to carry you through the bad roommate and the tough days at work.
My fun day is a trip to the grocery store. woohoo! Or finding time to watch one of the Halloween cooking shows on TV.:cool1:
Hope I didn't make you jealous.:laughing:

Yay! Glad you made it and thank you. So happy I'm gonna stick around a bit longer.

LOL, that is an idea but I also don't want to risk being stuck with him during the event. He's not coming to ruin my happy place too.

Halloween cooking shows sound wonderful. If only I had cable so yes, I am jealous lol

A Little More Horrifying
More Halloween Horror Nights Reviews

In catching y'all up on so much, I neglected to tell everyone even more about Horror Nights and all that it offers. I've been to 8 total nights as of now so I think I should let you in on some more of my thoughts.

(I should've mentioned before but none of these are my photos.)

First, a major skip...

SCARE ZONES

I'll rank these like I ranked houses by going from least favorite to favorite.

ZOMBIELAND: DOUBLE TAP

ZL.jpg

I had such high hopes for this scare zone. I love horror comedies and as I've seen in the past, they work really well at Horror Nights and with such recognizable celebrities involved in this film I expected a lot. Instead, it is easily the most desolate zone I've ever experienced at Horror Nights. The last zone I experienced here had projections and fire and all this energy. While I didn't expect it to be to that scale, I expected it to be more than just another zombie zone, which is what it is. The non-zombie characters are usually just running around and hiding, they don't really talk to guests. Not to mention, there are areas where it is very sparse of decoration especially when moving towards the lagoon. I thought it would knock my socks off but it felt so flat. I also think maybe this would've been a better spot for the Rob Zombie zone? I don't know but easily my least favorite.

ANARCH-CADE

Anarch-cade-at-Halloween-Horror-Nights-2019-1024x683.jpg

For the most part, this zone gets by. It's a really cool concept that has zero life to it but OMG if it is not one of the most aesthetically pleasing zones Horror Nights has ever done. I've taken so many photos in here and I love them so much, not to mention how they styled the scare actors. But all-in-all, it's not scary or feel horrifying minus weapons. It almost feels like an action zone. I still love it for the aesthetic and how it really kinda ties the whole event together but I tend to skip going through here most nights.

VIKINGS UNDEAD

Vikings-Undead-at-Halloween-Horror-Nights-2019-1024x683.jpg

Originally this was one of my least favorites but has really grown on me. As far as space goes, it uses its really well. Central Park is a prime location for a scare zone and easily one of the most iconic, which is interesting considering they don't have the pumpkins in the trees for once. The lanterns and skulls however work just as well and everything flows so nicely. There are also great set pieces and really cool character designs. I really love walking through there. It's a unique zone but also with a classic feel. I think my only critique is it is very small as is and I've heard this zone has been expanded before but I'm not gonna be too nit-picky.

ROB ZOMBIE: HELLBILLY DELUXE

Rob-Zombie.jpg

I originally went back and forth on this zone but honestly I love it. I grew up on songs from this soundtrack and the music videos even though I wouldn't call myself a Rob Zombie stan. It feels like one of the more fully realized zones to be in this area and there's so much to see with photo ops galore. Clearly a zone made for the Zombie fans who flocked to the event this year for the House of 1000 Corpses house, which is interestingly the closest house to the zone. However, it is very cramped. Looking back at old scare zones here it blows my mind they put that much in this space and not think it would cause for a zone that has gotten really crowded on busier nights. Not to mention it gets "flow" from Fast and Furious. I feel like it was put in the wrong space even if it meant no flowing of themes to House of 1000 Corpses. I'd rather it have been in NY or heck even as the entrance zone, but I get the placement it just... the crampedness is really a negative.

Now for my number one and easily my favorite scare zone I've experienced in my short time experiencing Horror Nights (with one a close second).

~VANITY BALL~

HHN-2019-highlights-15.jpg

I'm definitely in the minority on here as everyone seems to not be a fan of this zone but GOSH THIS WAS EVERYTHING. It also was in the spot where my last favorite zone was: Vamp '55. It is such a unique concept that feels so relevant and has made me feel seen in a way I doubt any other zone will be able to. The concept is that of a drag ball straight out of Paris Is Burning era Harlem with a sinister twist: the ultimate quest for perfection by way of surgeries. It's all about image in the zone and they are vicious about it in every way possible from constant insult humor to some surgeries that seem unnecessarily gory in regards to beauty. It is a perfect balance of fun, humor and disturbing. The scare actors are so much fun to talk to and I've even made friends with them with the amount of time I spend there. They also play along so well with each other. Not to mention, the central character of the MC really owns the role and they fill what could've been an empty space. It's clearly the favorite this year and I will cry tears of joy if it wins zone of the year especially considering the LGBTQ focus it has. It really makes me wish I could've auditioned this year because I feel like I'd fit in well here (and honestly with how the actors talk to me... I do).

Now for the entertainment of the event...

ACADEMY OF VILLAINS: ALTERED STATES

hhn-uor-aov.jpg

My first year and only other prior year at Horror Nights was when AOV debuted and they've now become a new staple. I didn't pay much attention to them first round but I definitely have this time and honestly they are so fun. This year they've put a Jekyll/Hyde + Black Plague spin on their show this year and even added some variety to it. The fantastic rock infused hip-hop dance stylings are still there but we also get contortionists, aerialists and... a soccer player? Yeah that one took awhile to set in but the energy coming from the performers and the audience every night is something I live for as someone who has been a performer for quite some time. I don't always run to it but if the lines are too long, I have no problem grabbing a glass of Vampire's Curse and sitting a spell for this.

MARATHON OF MAYHEM

Halloween-Marathon-of-Mayhem-1440x900.jpg

People have been calling this "HHN World of Color" and while it is... I think it's WAAAYYY better. Even the viewing area works better not to mention the use of projection mapping behind the water... awesome. They really went all out for this and I'm just wowed that Universal might be outdoing Disney on water style entertainment here. Also, to just be walking by and hearing all the synth stylings of the hallmark IPs of the event... it makes my heart sing. I hope they continue this for years to come and make it the new Bill and Ted.

I also thought I'd give you a ranking of all the specialty drinks since YES I have tried them all and reaped many of the benefits of doing so.

My list...

Vampire's Curse

The Saturn
Blood Pit
Twilight Gateway

Halloween-Horror-Nights-Signature-Drinks.jpg

Vampire's Curse and The Saturn are honestly kind of a tie. They both are super fruity and go down real nice. Real nice comfort drinks. Blood Pit isn't necessarily bad but the fact it's called BLOOD Pit and is a light orange? Yeah, name it something else. Twilight Gateway is just a very meh drink. Even people I've had it with think so. I think it's consumable enough but I know one friend who was not a fan. I say try them all for the heck of it, but if that's not your speed at least Vampire's Curse or Saturn. Still bitter I got all but one cup before they sold out UGH

And I think that officially covers it. Now back to scheduled programming...

giphy.gif

Continue Here

Last edited:
Hi. Just joining in. All caught up 13 pages in. Great report. Got lots of tips.
we are going in February. If you are still there I will look you up.. great pics. Love all the work wardrobe changes. can’t wait to read more.

Hi. Just joining in. All caught up 13 pages in. Great report. Got lots of tips.
we are going in February. If you are still there I will look you up.. great pics. Love all the work wardrobe changes. can’t wait to read more.

Bright suns! :welcome: I'm glad you've enjoyed it. I apologize if the updates come slow and infrequent lol And thank you! I miss being able to pick up elsewhere so often.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter