Third Time's The Charm At The DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM Fall '19! (COMPLETE - 8/14)

Sounds like you made a nice group of friends already!

Nice that you had a dinner with all your roomies- sounds like it was a good experience at Whispering Canyon!

Mmm dole whip!!

Holiday Turkey... The. TASTE. Pure taste.

Sounds like SUCH a fun evening with friends!!! I'm so glad you got to hop around on the monorail and at a few resorts with your friends!!

... Wait, the B bus stops AT the Poly guest bus stop now??? I'm...

*Sigh* I miss EoS. SO excited that there is one in Disney Square in DLP :D

Sounds like such a fun day and a great dinner! Did you feel like the food was worth the price? We've looked at Whispering Canyon a few times, but have always ended up cancelling in the end.

Omg yay! And aaaahhh I almost forgot you were over there now. How exciting!

It was! And yes, I did think it was worth the price. There was a lot and it was all very good and held me over well. Also, the experience as a whole really adds to the value. Highly recommend.

All caught up! :cool1:

Glad you and Sonnet has things in common and to discuss once the others had gone :thumbsup2

Sounds like you were with a good bunch of people...love your photos of wilderness lodge...I went there for Artists Point last trip but never got to explore the resort.

Wowsers on the size of your skillet and Carly sounds super sweet with that dropping your smile comment.

Bummer on your second Coca Cola Polar Bear experience not being as great as the first one.

Mmm that dole whip looks yummy! Glad you got to enjoy HEA and get to see it with a better view from MK later :goodvibes

I never expected to hit it off with someone that quickly, especially since we never talked too too much prior to being here.

I really was and thank you! Wilderness Lodge is so pretty. I'd love to do a staycation there.

Definitely a skillet that was beyond me and yes, Carly was a gem.

It was honestly pretty funny the second bear experience lol

Always love a good Dole Whip and I'll be back very very soon with getting to actually see HEA from a good spot.

I LOVE your Hercules tee, another movie that doesn't get the credit or recognition it deserves!!!

THANK YOU! It is, isn't it? I'd love a whole array of Herc tees just to give it that credit and recognition.

Sounds like you made a nice group of friends already!

Nice that you had a dinner with all your roomies- sounds like it was a good experience at Whispering Canyon!

Mmm dole whip!!

I did and I'm still making more. I love that about the DCP.

Quite the experience at Whispering Canyon. I'd definitely go back with the right people.

Love a good Dole Whip.

Holiday Turkey... The. TASTE. Pure taste.

Sounds like SUCH a fun evening with friends!!! I'm so glad you got to hop around on the monorail and at a few resorts with your friends!!

... Wait, the B bus stops AT the Poly guest bus stop now??? I'm...

YOU KNOW IT!

It was very fun. Definitely not as iconic as our day at Pop and AoA, but y'know... pretty great.

I'm still not 100% sure... some do, some don't. It's weird. Granted the weirdest is that J bus route. That one is beyond explanation, but we'll get to that later.

I've never tried EoS but I've only heard great things about it. May have to add it to the list for next time.

Dole Whip & fireworks at the Poly is such an amazing combo. Glad you got to do it on one of your first nights!

Ugh any workout that has the word 'sculpt' in the title just sounds painful.

I've never tried EoS but I've only heard great things about it. May have to add it to the list for next time.

YES. DO IT. It is so good. My fave place in Disney Springs 5ever.

Dole Whip & fireworks at the Poly is such an amazing combo. Glad you got to do it on one of your first nights!

Truly was, granted we were probably way too exhausted to fully enjoy the fireworks, but in retrospect, perfect night.

Ugh any workout that has the word 'sculpt' in the title just sounds painful.

Hence why only Carlos is the one keeping up.

Y'Know... We Were Kinda Tired
6/4/19: Movie Date & More

Today was definitely a different day than normal. We had a long long LONG day yesterday and were pretty pooped, not to mention didn't have access to the parks yet, so we had to get creative, which takes a lot of mental and physical energy. We did however get the sleep we needed to have a good day and were not long up and ready to go.

Zach asked if I wanted to go see 'Booksmart' today so that was the initial plan. After doing my usual upload of photos and such, we headed out to catch the bus to get to Disney Springs. After crossing the bridge, I directed us over to AMC where we bought our tickets. We had some issues because the self-use kiosks were being finnicky but we had them in our hands in no-time.

We had time before our showtime so we decided to wander around a bit. Starbucks was close by and I was craving a Strawberry Acai with Lemonade so we went there first.

We love Trenta sized refreshers!

Zach got the same thing except in Grande because he was confused by the signage and how big you could go. I however just went for it and got my optimal size. After Starbucks, we walked over to Blazae because Zach was hungry so he got a pizza there. I just chilled drinking my Starbs and tweeting while he got his food and furthermore ate it.

Alas, we still had some more time before Booksmart so we went into a few stores.

First was OF COURSE, World of Disney!

Peep Zach, holding up the ears on the rainbow hat lol

We went through Town Square and I decided I needed a photo with this fountain.

I was truly servin' a LOOK this day.

We saw Sephora almost immediately after the photo so I dragged Zach in there so I could look at make-up I probably will never buy.

Eventually, it was time to go see Booksmart! We went in, grabbed some popcorn and Zach got a drink then soon enough, I was back in the Disney Springs AMC.

Honestly, I love this theater so much. It's so big, clean, comfortable and nice. Nothing like my AMC back home which is kinda gross and weirdly set up. We stan the Disney Springs AMC.

As for Booksmart, I really enjoyed it. It's definitely coming through with all the Lady Bird-esque coming-of-age films, which I have no issue with (and I'm not just saying that because Beanie Feldstein is in both). Films directed by women about women in high school or leaving high school. It was really fun and nuanced, hilarious and heartfelt. I hope it gets some recognition and nominated for a few awards. Not to mention, one of the leads is gay, which is always refreshing so I highly recommend if you love a good coming-of-age dramedy that has some really fantastic stars that aren't seen enough in films.

When we got out, we headed right on back over to the bus stop by Cast Services and went home. When we got home, Carlos and Will were both watching Newsies. Zach and I were needing some rest from the crazy heat so he chilled in our room while I peeped at Newsies with Carlos and Will. I also made some updates on the DIS for y'all. Eventually, I suggested making a Wal Mart run. Carlos and Will were pretty set so only Zach and I went to do that.

When we caught the bus, we ended up catching a very interesting bus from the Vista bus loop...

Click to watch!

If you don't know what the party bus is, don't ask (or you can honestly just PM me).

We got to Wal Mart and along the way decided it would be best if we Uber'd back since I had a feeling I'd be getting A LOT of groceries, which I did, especially in comparison to Zach. At Wal Mart, we ran into Kat who ended up joining us for groceries. She mostly stuck around Zach while I did my own thing. Typical.

It was quite the effort bringing all this home. Thank goodness our Uber drive, Alex, was so great and really made sure it wasn't too difficult for the ride home then dropping us off on the curb, but carrying all my groceries into Vista was way too hard that security offered us wagons. I was so all over the place that when Zach beckoned me to the wagons, I didn't even realize I was about to be hit by the security gate coming down. Go me almost getting crushed by a poll. Bless Zach also for helping me load everything into one wagon and sacrifice his ID to use the wagon. It was also about to rain so we were very efficient with the wagon and got it to the room, unloaded the groceries and ran it back to security with time to spare before downpour. Yes, it was truly all as exhausting as this paragraph was for you to read.

I'll not bore you with the rest of the night. We didn't do much. We just hung out, Kat came over, Carlos got Will & I to do a booty workout and we talked then went to sleep. Carlos, Will and Kat all had some entertainment business to deal with so they were out like that while Zach and I just drifted off until we were out. Promises of a more exciting tomorrow hanging around... maybe...

Continue Here

Last edited:
A VERY cute morning at DS, if I say so myself. A trenta refresher, some more fountain pics, Sephora swatching, AND Booksmart! We truly do stan Miss AMC Disney Springs. That's where I literally hid during the 2016 program when I had one day off a week and didn't want to speak to anyone.

I thought I felt someone peeping all the way from Orlando

giphy.gif

SSSSKSKSKSKSKS THE PARTY BUS!!! I SWEAR the Wal-Mart and the Orlando Mall buses are LITERALLY just the party bus but sponsored by Disney.

A thrilling, ROUSING day had by all! I need more! Give us the Traditions update pweeeeeease :lovestruc

Have you been in the "big" theater that they have there? When I saw Aladdin there at the AMC on Opening Night, I was scheduled to sit in the last row of the middle section. When I got there, I ended up being in the last row. That is because there is a mezzanine level. I thought it was really strange.

The only time I have been to a Wal-Mart while living in FL was a couple weeks ago when I needed to pick something up at 11:30 p.m. at night after a park day. When I entered, I seriously thought it was Black Friday. The self-checkout line was 50 people deep to put things in perspective. I don't know if I'll walk into Wal-Mart in Florida again.

NEWSIES!!! :)

Quick update on things: I'VE OFFICIALLY EARNED MY EARS AS OF 3:30PM YESTERDAY!

Yup, I got through my training and now I'm gonna be out in the area on my own which is both terrifying and exciting. I really love Sunset. Everyone has been so nice and supportive in a way I've surprisingly not really experienced. Like I was sad my original trainer was leaving the company following my second day of training, but there are so many other great cast members in my location I cannot wait to start working with them. Again, if you see me out and about and are here, please say hi! I'm friendly. Chances are I'll say hi first though haha

I've gotten a request for the Traditions update so I'm trying to power through but be patient. Training was pretty draining so I'm trying to regain energy but will be back on track soon. Thank you all again for your lovely comments and everything! Much much love to you all! :lovestruc

My Timmy loves this theater too. He's bummed that he will be working the next 10 days straight, which postpones him seeing Toy Story 4...

I'm working through it too :/ Luckily not 10 days straight, but I think I'm probably not gonna be able to see it day of.

A VERY cute morning at DS, if I say so myself. A trenta refresher, some more fountain pics, Sephora swatching, AND Booksmart! We truly do stan Miss AMC Disney Springs. That's where I literally hid during the 2016 program when I had one day off a week and didn't want to speak to anyone.

Honestly, no better place for that. Aside from the hub grass... maybe...

I thought I felt someone peeping all the way from Orlando

giphy.gif

Forever here in spirit, my love.

SSSSKSKSKSKSKS THE PARTY BUS!!! I SWEAR the Wal-Mart and the Orlando Mall buses are LITERALLY just the party bus but sponsored by Disney.

HONESTLY THOUGH. I saw one tonight and I'm like "They really just letting them into the bus loop at this point, let's not lie to ourselves"

A thrilling, ROUSING day had by all! I need more! Give us the Traditions update pweeeeeease :lovestruc

I'm getting there, I'm getting there. One more update then I'll talk about my fabulous Traditions day (honestly... best Traditions TO DATE so get ready).

Have you been in the "big" theater that they have there? When I saw Aladdin there at the AMC on Opening Night, I was scheduled to sit in the last row of the middle section. When I got there, I ended up being in the last row. That is because there is a mezzanine level. I thought it was really strange.

Yes I have! I saw Moana in there. I bought seats on the ramped up floor or "orchestra seating". They were actually really great seats. I was so shook by it like you were like a mezzanine? a balcony? Wild.

The only time I have been to a Wal-Mart while living in FL was a couple weeks ago when I needed to pick something up at 11:30 p.m. at night after a park day. When I entered, I seriously thought it was Black Friday. The self-checkout line was 50 people deep to put things in perspective. I don't know if I'll walk into Wal-Mart in Florida again.

Omg I don't think I've run into that. I know self-checkout is more the place to be now than ever but I've not seen in that bad. Pray I never have to.

NEWSIES!!! :)

YAAASSS!!!

This is my fave place too!

Memo to me to go back lol

This is the hardest thing about going away for a while!

I had a photoshoot with her before I left and I just looked at it and it made me so sad. I also FT'd her last night. Miss my puppy.

Loving your TR so far. So much fun following along!!

Thank you! I'm glad you're enjoying it :teeth:

Just One Way To Get Sunburnt
6/5/19: Pool Day

This is gonna be a bit of a short update because it was another pretty slow, uneventful day. Originally, I planned to have a photoshoot day, but due to circumstances and such, it ended up being just a pool day. Tomorrow was our housing event day which was so much fun so hang tight for that but let's get through just a chill day at Vista Way.

Carlos and Will had their special entertainment thing to deal with while Zach and I got to sleep in. By the time Zach and I had woken up, they were back and milling around our main living area.

We all began our day together by watching one of my favorite films: Hocus Pocus!

giphy.gif

Will had never seen it before so Carlos and I made sure that he was to see it even if it wasn't the time of year, it still was the time of year. The film never gets old but I realize that those who never grew up with it like I or many others have don't understand its charm. Oh well.

Click to watch!

After we finished watching, I said I wanted to go to the pool just to get some sun and relax. Carlos and Will said they were meeting up with some character performer friends they had met in the morning on the bus along with Kat so I ended up joining them. Zach didn't come with us immediately, but he joined us later. At the pool, I ended up meeting Dal, Gabbie, her boyfriend Cole and Trinity. They were all very nice and we all hit it off fairly quickly. Kat was there too obviously as well as a friend of hers I believe. We also ended up befriending a few ICPs, particularly some Brazilians named Gustavo, Danny and Iago who I've run into a few times since. It was basically like some unofficial housing event going on in the pool. That and Dal was having us do all kinds of stunts in the water while I'd disappear to do a lap or something. I don't know, it was crazy but fun and in that time I barely even noticed I was really burning my shoulders and face. YIKES. I usually don't burn so I almost forget it happens on a rare occasion and today was one of those days. Don't worry, it wasn't the worst I've dealt with so I'm fine now but it did hurt for like a day or two (heaven bless, aloe).

We all kinda got tired of the pool and decided to go to the Wendy's near housing for a bit. This was when Trinity left us to go do her own thing. Everyone else went there and talked some more, got people's numbers and such. We didn't stay for long and everyone eventually dispersed back to their complexes and such. Kat, Zach, Carlos, Will and I ended up sitting out in front of Wendy's. Gabbie and Cole invited the group to see Rocketman, but that ultimately didn't pan out for most of us, which was fine the sun wore on me. Enjoy this last photo of what it looks like in front of the Wendy's near housing lol

After that, I decided to bounce and Zach joined me. We went back to the room and I passed out pretty quickly. Not much else happened except it did end up raining and I was bored so I ran out in it, but that was the last burst of energy I had. Again, pretty mellow day. With what was to come, we needed one of those. Tomorrow was the housing event and I needed my rest for that so fun is on its way. Then the day after: TRADITIONS!!!!

Some of you might not know what that means, but we'll get there when we get there, just remember to stick around because lots of more magic to be made here. :teeth:

Continue Here

Last edited:
OPPALENCE, YOU EARN EVERYTHANG
6/6/19: Housing Event & Photoshoots

Welcome again to another day in my crazy beautiful life. Today was a housing event and also the day where I'd finally do what I love to do prior to Traditions: Resort hop!

Before I did though, I had some business to attend to at Casting so back to Disney Springs I went!

I had a bit of a moment of panic when the driver almost drove past Casting. Apparently he wasn't too familiar with the route so I had to direct him where to go to get to the stop, but no harm no foul. I also was in and out of Casting fairly quickly with what I had to do. It was a bit of a maze getting to where I needed to go but I got there and then popped right back out. However, the bus wasn't coming for a bit so I went into Springs for a minute.

Unfortunately, that minute resulted in me coming across this:

Awww Paint, I miss you everyday.

It wasn't long though before I had to run back over the bridge back to Casting to catch the bus and even less long before I got home and was ready to do other things. I offered up the idea of resort hopping to all my housemates, but only Zach wanted to go so he was my buddy for the day once again. After I reconfigured myself, we caught the E bus to go to the Epcot resort area. On the way there, we passed through backstage of Studios and could really see all the Galaxy's Edge construction going on. Super excited and anxious about that!

We got off at the Yacht and Beach Club, which was two stops after Studios (following the Swan and Dolphin stop). It definitely felt like it was in a different place than I remember because you could no longer walk in through the Yacht entrance and instead had to walk all the way to the Beach Club and go through there. I was very confused but whatever didn't bother me or Zach, minus the fact there were lots of bugs around.

We chilled in the lobby for a minute to catch our breaths...

...then we went out to go explore a bit.

I showed Zach where we could get to Epcot from where we are as well as the construction on the new Skyway and France.

Zach wanted to go to Ample Hills though so we continued on that way, past boats, wedding pavilions and the like.

At Ample Hills, I went with a simpler fare which was a root beer float with vanilla ice cream while Zach got a cup of ooey gooey something. We both enjoyed it immensely since it was VERY hot out once again. However, there were dark clouds looming everywhere so chances are it was gonna rain.

After we finished our ice cream, we decided to walk over to the BoardWalk and go catch some AC. Not to mention, these creepy little devils.

In my opinion, creepier than the clown pool to be perfectly honest.

Then, we just lounged for about an hour in the lobby. Enjoying all that good AC and life.

After some time in there, I decided I wanted my photoshoots so I dragged Zach out onto the little balcony out in front of the BoardWalk Inn for some pics.

We eventually moved to a share where I was doing my best Tiffany "New York" Pollard impression.

giphy.gif

You see it?

Anyways, we walked around a bit more. I showed Zach where the creepy clown pool was and then we went by the edge of the water for some more pics of that area as well as of me.

We decided after that it was just about time to leave. The sky was looking grim and neither of us were prepared to get caught in a rainstorm. Not to mention the housing event started soon-ish so we wanted to have time to prepare for that and get there before the crowds did.

However, I had to wave to my soon-to-be beloved Jellyrolls...

Then I saw the cute little lovers gazebo over at the Yacht Club and needed a pic with that...

Then, we ran out of the Epcot resort area because the skies were looking like this:

We powered over to the Beach Club all the way through that long walk into buggy territory without getting hit by a drop of a rain. I call that a success. It literally waited to downpour until we were well away from that resort area and on our way back to Vista. We got home and decided to get some sustenance before what would turn out to be one of the most fun nights of the program so far.

Continue Here

Last edited:
Hi there!

I love your TRs and had to comment on this one because I did a Spring 2018 Merchandise CP on HOLLYWOOD Boulevard.... which is now half shut down. I'm now a Disney Store cast member in NYC while I finish up school. Can't wait to follow along!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!