Third Time's The Charm At The DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM Fall '19! (COMPLETE - 8/14)

HOWEVER, I DID get deployed this past week. Yup, after only a little over two weeks on Sunset Boulevard I was bounced over to Animation Courtyard Merchandise where the vast majority of CPs being sent to Galaxy's Edge were from so I was put there. It was a lot of fun. They cover a lot of territory and I got to work quite a bit of it. My favorite, of course, was TOY STORY LAND! That costume is so cute and it's just such a fun atmosphere over there even if it is quite the humid atmosphere. Municiberg was also fun (yup, we cover there too)
Wow bounced all over the place! It's so fun that you are loving your time at Sunset (and everywhere else) even though it will come to an end soon!

It was absolutely peachy keen with Miss Tiana. We talked about the fireworks and how lovely that she is projected up there and that Ray's relationals are all involved. It was a really sweet talk that ended with a sweet hug. Ugh, I missed her. We still stan the bayou princess.
These photos are golden!

but alas I'm broke and can't afford Memory Maker
Oh huh somehow I just assumed CMs would have it included, but I suppose not!

He reaches out his hand and says "Congratulations,
YOU'RE GOING TO BATUU!"
WOOHOO!!

I was so confused because I saw you announce that on Insta before I got caught up on this TR so when you had that original post that you weren't going to Batuu I was like uhhh.... But now it all makes sense and I'm so HYPED for you!

I'm so excited that you were picked for the SWGE team!!

Thank you! Me too! Can't wait to start training!

Wow!!! on the M&G, ,very unique characters. No Donald? Isn't he a family fave??

He is, but he had A LINE. I'm not meeting characters as much as I used to so I don't bother with those waits.

I too love DAK. Didn't get to spend much time there but as I was sitting on a bench resting, somewhere in Asia I think, a man who looked like a Disney big shot approached me and asked if I'd do a survey, so I did. I got a free Mickey Bar out of the deal and a couple of follow up emails. He asked if I wanted fast passes but I was just leaving to meet someone at DHS.

Those people are around all the time. They're not usually big shots, just research and they will give you nice stuff like that since people rarely take those surveys and it is pretty important to cast members when it comes down to it.

I did get to carry the thingy that checked wait times on Everest too. Not a good representation because I stopped and photographed everything in the que, so my mountain climbing, hang gliding (off of Mountains around the country) older brother could see all of the cool 'memorabilia'

FLIK cards are what they are called. I forget what the acronym stands for but it is so fun when you get one, even for me someone who has gotten it many a time.

Boba? I tried them for the first time about a month ago....blech... threw away a $6+ drink after the first taste...yuck

I don't get people who want it in everything. It's weird. It can be fun but after awhile it feels strange and it also clogs straws.

Wow bounced all over the place! It's so fun that you are loving your time at Sunset (and everywhere else) even though it will come to an end soon!

Yeah, I'm kinda sad about that. Particularly because a location I worked at recently I really REALLY loved and now I'll not be able to trade there for some time. I can pick up extra days but not trade :/

These photos are golden!

Thank you! We love Lottie and Tiana hehe

Oh huh somehow I just assumed CMs would have it included, but I suppose not!

Photopass CMs get it for like a month I believe, but they're the only ones. I believe we might get a discount on it... not positive. I've never tried.

WOOHOO!!

I was so confused because I saw you announce that on Insta before I got caught up on this TR so when you had that original post that you weren't going to Batuu I was like uhhh.... But now it all makes sense and I'm so HYPED for you!

Yeah I knew that might throw some people off which is why I had to give the whole story because it was like night and day with the updates. But yeah, I'm so excited! I really want to find out where I'm gonna be though. I know it's indoors so it will be very hands on and interactive. I cannot WAIT!

Sounds like a fun start to your day at AK! Glad you finally got your first experience in pandora!!

It was! And now I've been to Pandora so many times since lol

I figured he was a big shot because I read his name tag, he was a very distinguished looking older gentleman....one with a very expensive haircut. I don't recall the name now but when I went to get my Mickey bar the person who waited on me was impressed with the name..said oh wow! If I remember correctly he wasn't wearing any of the uniforms/costumes like others in the park, that's why I was a bit wary....

So glad you finally got to see Pandora! It's pretty incredible. I hope you've had a chance to ride FoP by now! Looking forward to more adventures.

I figured he was a big shot because I read his name tag, he was a very distinguished looking older gentleman....one with a very expensive haircut. I don't recall the name now but when I went to get my Mickey bar the person who waited on me was impressed with the name..said oh wow! If I remember correctly he wasn't wearing any of the uniforms/costumes like others in the park, that's why I was a bit wary....

Ooooohhhhh, maybe it was. That's interesting. You must've had quite the stroke of luck to run into him while he was giving surveys that day. WOW.

First time following someone on the DC program. If you don't mind sharing, what are housing accommodations like? Are they the same/similar for all?

For the FL program, it varies. California they only have one complex, which is fabulous, while in FL they have four and by next Spring there will be five. The four currently are Vista Way, Chatham Square, Patterson Court and The Commons. Vista Way is the cheapest and least nice but they are pretty decent, it's where I live. Chatham is a little bit nicer than Vista, the main upper hand Vista having on everyone is that there are no bunk beds here. Patterson is considered the nicest and people relate to a retirement community. Commons is most expensive with accommodations similar to Patterson except they also have a washer & dryer in the room. For the most part, it's all pretty similar across the board, just the level of "niceness" varies.

So glad you finally got to see Pandora! It's pretty incredible. I hope you've had a chance to ride FoP by now! Looking forward to more adventures.

It is lovely. Granted I've now gotten to see Galaxy's Edge and WHEW blows Pandora out of the water. I've ridden FoP MANY a time, to the point I need a break from it lol Will update with more adventures soon!

Your tr is slaying me. I neeeeed more.

I will update soon! I promise!

Is the 'Kiss Goodnight' a recording with the colours of the castle changing or are there other things that take place? If the MK closes at 11pm, what time would the Kiss Goodnight happen?

TIA!

Also, CONGRATS on your move to BATUU!!! I almost missed it as I was clicking the 'next update' link at the bottom of each post. Way to go! So happy for you!! If we can get in to SWGE in Sept my DD wants to purchase a Porg so we'll be on the lookout for you!

Last edited:
Following along. I also did two CPs way back in college. I love reading about all the changes that have taken place. It is so different now. Although I can confirm that those friendships last forever.

Is the 'Kiss Goodnight' a recording with the colours of the castle changing or are there other things that take place? If the MK closes at 11pm, what time would the Kiss Goodnight happen?

TIA!

It's basically they play "When You Wish Upon A Star" as the castle changes color and there is a goodbye message with it. If MK closes at 11pm, it will probably start a little before the clock strikes 11pm so if you're in front of the Castle around that time you will see and/or hear it.

Also, CONGRATS on your move to BATUU!!! I almost missed it as I was clicking the 'next update' link at the bottom of each post. Way to go! So happy for you!! If we can get in to SWGE in Sept my DD wants to purchase a Porg so we'll be on the lookout for you!

Thank you so much! Yeah it kinda hid itself there. I've made a lot of updates that aren't connected in the links so I'm glad you managed to catch that. Please say hi if you see me. Most likely will be near some of those Porgs you might be looking to adopt.

Congrats on Batuu! Animal Kingdom has really moved up since my program to be more of a favorite for me, it's so unique!

Thank you so much! DAK has definitely grown on me so much as much as I've always loved it. It just really does stand out and gives you a break from the typical Disney experience.

Following along. I also did two CPs way back in college. I love reading about all the changes that have taken place. It is so different now. Although I can confirm that those friendships last forever.

:welcome: Oh wow, that's so cool! I'm glad I can share what has happened across my programs and currently to show the change. And yeah, the friendships really are forever. I'm missing so many people from my past two and it's already growing with so many people leaving already. Ugh, this gonna be an emotional one.

I am really enjoying reading your day to day life as a CP. I really wished I could have done this program back in the 70's lol.

I am really enjoying reading your day to day life as a CP. I really wished I could have done this program back in the 70's lol.

:welcome: I'm glad you're enjoying it! I don't believe they had it back in the 70s. It would've been nice if they had it back then though.

Ooh sounds like a fun day at AK once you sorted your pass out.

Wow, I can’t wait to experience Pandora...it looks gorgeous in everyone’s photos :thumbsup2

SEE-VAHK-HOE
6/8/19: Kicking It Off At DAK!

The inevitable happened. I went back to Pandora.

On my way in, I, of course, had to rub my hand on the big plant by the entrance and sprayed some unsuspecting guests hehe I actually got a thank you when I did it. I haven't had that reaction since but you know... one shall try.

Click to watch!

After I wandered over towards Satuli Canteen thinking I'd get something then deciding against it until later so that means...

It was time...

For...

FLIGHT OF PASSAGE!

And WHAT WAS THE WAIT TIME?

Still around 2 hours.

I did not care.

SIVAKOOOOOOO!!!!

I'll not keep the suspense building and let y'all know that WOW. The first time that I rode this.

BLEW.

ME.

AWAY.

I walked off almost in tears it was so amazing. Everything everyone said about this attraction was correct. It's truly incredible and really takes an already fabulous ride system to another level. I was in love. I was a stan. SIVAKOOOO!!

We did however have a delay getting onto FoP...

Click to watch!

We were left in the dark on what happened for some time, but a door was left opened, we could see the infrared camera screens, someone was left off, etc. Eventually we were told someone had a panic attack on the attraction so they had to stop the ride to let them off but we were let back on in no time. Unfortunately, we had to re-route through the pre-show again and were eventually let on. Did not deter my experience either way.

When I got out of the attraction into the outdoor exit, I saw the sky wasn't looking super nice so I vamoosed into Satuli Canteen. On my way under the little hut covering, I made my mobile order and was inside Satuli just as the skies opened up and dropped into the Mo'ara Valley. Thank goodness.

My order was ready in no time and I made my way over to a table to enjoy this deliciousness...

I ordered the Slow Roasted Sliced Grilled Beef Bowl with Rice, Beans, Boba and Green Onion Vinaigrette. It was very good and I ate it in no time. I will say though after that second helping of Boba... really wasn't feeling Boba and haven't had any since soooo this is not a Boba stan account my friends lol

ANYWAYS, I was just finishing eating when one of the bussers walking around asked if she could take my bowl. I told her I was still working on it (because it was that good) and she awkwardly stopped then noticed my button and we talked about the College Program. It was nice but still kinda awkward. It was nice she noticed and struck up something with me, but it just felt off especially after I didn't need her to throw away my bowl. She left eventually and made her rounds while I sat there waiting out the rain and drinking water until it seemed to calm down and I headed out into the Valley.

Out in the Valley, I happened upon my old co-worker Andy. You might've remembered me mentioning him while I was working at Disneyland when he was visiting with his family. Well, we met again this time while he was working Custodial in Pandora for another program. He walked with me for a bit as I decided to go over to Na'vi River Journey which seemed to have a wait that died down. I don't remember what we talked about exactly, but I'm sure it was great catching up.

I, however, was ready to enjoy a visit with the Na'vi Shaman.

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Another lovely attraction out here in Pandora. Not the same reaction I had to Flight of Passage which blew my mind but it was nice. The visuals were stunning and really well done than the Shaman animatronic... WOW so cool. I think I still might prefer Daddy Avatar in the tank but the Shaman... she's slaying.

After I was out of NRJ, the sun had come back out so I thought it was the perfect time to take this photo:

I also thought I'd head out of Pandora once again since I had managed to cover many attractions today and I thought I'd see my favorite superior version of the Indiana Jones ride system, DINOSAUR! (And yes, if you're wondering, I rubbed the belly of that plant that squirts water again)

Click to watch!

I wasn't sure I was dead set on riding it but the wait was not long at all so I got right in line and was soon reunited with the man of everyone's dreams, Dr. Seeker.

Click to watch!

I missed you love.

In terms of being on the ride after being away for so long and having had more familiarity with Indiana Jones at Disneyland at this point, I still retain my feelings. However, both attractions are not nearly getting the attention they deserve. A lot of the lighting on this ride wasn't great or as great as I remembered along with a lot of the movements of the animatronics. They are pretty impressive in there and quite possibly the most impressive part of the attraction and a lot of them were not operating at 100%. I only hope that when I go back, since I haven't ridden since this day, it's back up to snuff. I don't know... maybe just go back to the intensity of the Countdown to Extinction days y'know... sounds like a good idea, am I right?

Ok ignore me again going on tangents, back to my day at DAK. Once I was off of DINOSAUR, I headed into Dinoland and over here near Primeval Whirl. I considered riding it but then remembered how much I despise the bruises it gives me so was about to skip when I recognized someone I met on the Facebook groups prior to the program: Lizzy. She was right at the entrance so I walked up to her eyeing her strangely before she asked "Do I know you?" and I'm awkwardly like "Yeah." Iconic moment tbh. We talked a little but Lizzy was working so I didn't bother but it was great meeting another friend from online. We love friends. The more, the merrier.

I walked out of Dinoland over into Asia while Rivers of Light was happening. I checked Everest to see if I wanted to ride but it had quite the wait and I was feeling the urge to go back on FoP and I heard rumors it dies down SIGNIFICANTLY at night, despite the posted wait times so I speedwalked as I knew RoL was ending soon.

I kept myself way ahead of the crowds as well as many other groups of people trying to get over there so I waited to ride with about a 30 minute wait. SCORE!

Click to watch!

Second time was honestly just as amazing as the first. Although I didn't get the nice middle spot I had the first time, it was still incredible and UGH I was thinking about it for days after. By the time I got off, the park had now been closed so I slowly started making my way out. I needed my time to enjoy the bioluminescence. I mean, C'MON!

Click to watch!

I also passed by some other nighttime beauties at DAK as I walked out of the park.

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

I believe that was a little bit of the special Lion King section of the Tree of Life awakenings. Not positive. I forget what I recorded but it was lovely to catch before officially peacing out. I had an early morning the next day for Welcome to Ops so I was ready to get home and rest.

On my way out however, I was behind a familiar tall individual. As I passed, I heard a "HELLO" and come to find out IT WAS JOSEPH, ONE OF MY ROOMMATES FROM MY FIRST PROGRAM! I knew he worked at DAK and was down here but I didn't think I'd see him or at least see him so soon. We gave big hugs and then caught up as we walked to the CP bus stop in cast parking. There I also met one of his friends and we all got to talking. I know topics like Disneyland and Toy Story 4 came up. Joseph didn't end up joining us on the bus cause he got a ride which is whatever but also more power to him. Eventually, the bus arrived taking in quite the big group of CPs headed home where the night basically concluded, finishing yet another day.

Stay tuned because it's almost time for some more training fun, meeting other CPs in my location and much much more. Get ready y'all.

Continue Here

Last edited:
I'll not keep the suspense building and let y'all know that WOW. The first time that I rode this.

BLEW.

ME.

AWAY.

im shocked! i had no idea that you enjoyed flight of passage! do you think it's a ride i should wait in a line for when i go to disney's animal kingdom theme park this august? please report back with more of this opinion.

I, however, was ready to enjoy a visit with the Na'vi Shaman.

*me voice* MAH EHWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Daddy Avatar

this is a FAMILY board

48112020347_d6b8c3c4c2_c.jpg

qt!!!!!!

As I passed, I heard a "HELLO" and come to find out IT WAS JOSEPH, ONE OF MY ROOMMATES FROM MY FIRST PROGRAM!

ARE YOU KIDDING YOU SAW JOSEPH???? I HAD NO IDEA OMG MY LOVE

Stay tuned because it's almost time for some more training fun, meeting other CPs in my location and much much more. Get ready y'all.

My body is READY

So glad you loved FOP. I was so nervous to ride it the first time because I get motion sick, but I absolutely loved it!!!!! I also loved NRV. The animatronics are out of this world.

Ah- I love FoP Soooo much! I dream about it. (That sounds super weird to write, but it's totally true- even before I had even went on it in real life.) I'm jealous you got to see Daddy Avatar twice- I've never seen him up close- just through the glass, as I've only ridden it at Rope Drop or with FP in the 6+ times I've been on it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter