Third Times the Charm, right? Now going during the Christmas season....

GoofyforDisney3

DIS Veteran
So, we originally were scheduled to be at DL in May for my daughter's high school graduation trip. Then I rescheduled for the week of Thanksgiving. Now we are rescheduled for December 15 - 20 thanks to the changes in the academic calendar her university is making to get the kids on campus for the fall semester.
Now, I've not done any research on what to expect in regards to the reopening and I know things may be totally different this year in comparison to prior years, but I'm wondering what are people's must do for the holiday season when visiting DL?

So, we originally were scheduled to be at DL in May for my daughter's high school graduation trip. Then I rescheduled for the week of Thanksgiving. Now we are rescheduled for December 15 - 20 thanks to the changes in the academic calendar her university is making to get the kids on campus for the fall semester.
Now, I've not done any research on what to expect in regards to the reopening and I know things may be totally different this year in comparison to prior years, but I'm wondering what are people's must do for the holiday season when visiting DL?

We are in the same boat. But only our 2nd reschedule. We'd planned a July trip to celebrate our Daughter's High School Graduation, but decided to wait until December in hopes a few more things might be open, and at the very least, wearing a mask all day in December should be easier than July. :-)

We've done Christmas once before when the kids were little and it was magical. We are hoping for the same magic this year. (And should say it was magical even though I had to push hubby around in a wheelchair the whole time! He threw his back out the first night carrying a too heavy bag up from the car!)

It's a Small World Christmas is beautiful. We also really enjoyed Jingle Cruise. Lots of great holiday treats, and snow on Main Street. Carsland has fantastic Car themed decor. We loved it. No idea what they will do this year, or if things will be different, but we have our fingers crossed!! We do hope one year to mange to see the Candlelight Processional, but that is usually at the beginning of December, and the kids are generally still in school.....

Here's hoping for a truly magical trip!!

Christmas is my favorite time of year to visit, but for me it's mostly because of the decorations.

iasw Christmas is lovely!

I don't know whether they'll do the Jingle Cruise again- I was able to experience it a few years ago but I don't believe they've brought it back since that time, sadly.

Some people swear by the hand made candy canes- some of the bloggers will post that schedule so you'll know when they're available.

There is usually a Holiday superthread running around here so keep your eye on that and you will see lots of good tips for what not to miss!

I love Christmas at DL! It's my favorite. Some highlights are:
- Tree Lighting on Main Street
- It's a Small World Holiday lighting
- Riding It's a Small World Holiday at night is a must!!
- Christmas Fantasy Parade in the evening! So beautiful!
- Over at DCA they have Festival of Holidays, which is similar to Food and Wine, but holiday version.

We're also considering a December trip because of the change in college schedules this year. We did early December for many years when she was in middle school and high school. It's a great time of year to be there.

Definitely see Small World at dark. It's one of my favorite park experiences.

Not sure how parades will be impacted by December. But if it's running, it's worth seeing.

Cars Land decorated for Christmas is great. They turn the lights on at dusk. Not a huge deal, but pretty cute.

Wasn't there last December (first year of college schedule) but in the couple years prior, they had garlands up over Main Street. It's a beautiful place to sit for a while, with or without a parade.

Haunted Mansion Holiday is fun if you haven't seen it before.

Congrats on your daughter's graduation and starting college!

Some things not mentioned yet but are a couple of my favs during Christmas time:

Christmas fireworks and World of Color Season of Light. Now both might not be operating this year due to Covid but if they are you definitely shouldn't miss those.

One of my favorite traditions is getting a peppermint sundae from the Gibson Girl and sitting out on Main St at night with all the Christmas lights, decorations and music and just taking in all the ambiance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!