Third week of May

nkereina

Last chance to lose your keys.
DH and I had to push back our trip from late April to the third week of May, so we will be visiting Monday May 20th until Saturday May 25th. Other than the end of the week being the start of Memorial Day weekend, anything we should be aware of or concerned about in terms of crowd levels or events going on at that time?

Also, how's the weather in late May?

Thanks!

I think May 23rd is the last day for the special promotional tickets -- so that could be a very crowded few days with people using up their last days on that deal. Mondays have become busy days in general, so just be aware of that. It's possible that previews for SWGE could have started by then, too. There are Grad Nites on the 21st and the 22nd.

I think May 23rd is the last day for the special promotional tickets -- so that could be a very crowded few days with people using up their last days on that deal. Mondays have become busy days in general, so just be aware of that. It's possible that previews for SWGE could have started by then, too. There are Grad Nites on the 21st and the 22nd.

Thanks for the info. What kind of impact does Grad Nites have? I'm not familiar. We arrive late Monday, so our park days would be Tuesday 5/21 through Friday 5/24.

Its our first visit and we have four full park days. Considering the potential crowds, do you think we could still manage to get most things done? Or would we be better off going a week later? Earlier May would be tough for us, but might be able to make it work if it would be significantly better.

Once May comes I can't see there being any time where crowds will be "significantly better". It's busy at Disneyland - the best advice I have received here is go when it works best for you. Unless you are going when Star Wars opens or between Christmas and New Years - you will likely be able to manage the crowds. I'd suggest arriving at least by park opening and purchasing MaxPass to be able to get as much done as possible. Our strategy has also been to get rides in early morning, book fast passes through the day and during the afternoon either take a break or do non ride things that typically might not have large waits.

We were there in May and it can be HOT - but it's great for afternoon pool/break time.

I wouldn't go a week later -- that is the last week before the lower 2 APs get blocked from DL for the summer. It will be busy as those passholders get their DL fix before being blocked out for a long time, although mornings may still be fine. But I would expect the late afternoons and evenings of the Mon.-Thu. to be busy. Earlier May would still have Grad Nites (the dates are in the thread I gave you), but the crowds might be more even overall and less "stressed" with guests trying to beat expiration dates (e.g. promo tickets before 5/23 and AP blocks). But with SWGE's opening so close at that point, there may be lots of people squeezing in last visits to avoid that opening. It's really six of one and half dozen of the other at that point. Agree with the pp: just pick the time that works best for you, do your research and planning here, take a lot of patience and a positive attitude, and have a great trip!
This might help: Detailed Weather Data for DLR

Thanks for starting the thread OP. My husband and I are visiting Disneyland on Monday May 20 so some good info. We're only doing one park and really only have a day. We went to WDW last year and had a complete ball. Looking forward to exploring DL. I assume that any SWGE previews would be separately paid events?

... My husband and I are visiting Disneyland on Monday May 20 so some good info. We're only doing one park and really only have a day. We went to WDW last year and had a complete ball. Looking forward to exploring DL. I assume that any SWGE previews would be separately paid events?
Mondays have become busy days pretty consistently at DLR for at least a year now, so be in line early for RD if possible. DL does not have MM on Mondays, so that will be in your favor. The morning hours are great at DLR and you can get so much done before the crowds show up. Will you be purchasing MP (FPs via the DLR app on your phone)? MP can help you get the most out of your day if you will be riding rides on the FP system. Using Single Rider can also help you get repeat rides without a FP on rides that have SR lines. If you will want to see F! (and DL's show is almost unanimously voted to be the better show), booking a dining package (60 days in advance) will get you the best view with the least wait. Have a great day in Walt's park!

Mondays have become busy days pretty consistently at DLR for at least a year now, so be in line early for RD if possible. DL does not have MM on Mondays, so that will be in your favor. The morning hours are great at DLR and you can get so much done before the crowds show up. Will you be purchasing MP (FPs via the DLR app on your phone)? MP can help you get the most out of your day if you will be riding rides on the FP system. Using Single Rider can also help you get repeat rides without a FP on rides that have SR lines. If you will want to see F! (and DL's show is almost unanimously voted to be the better show), booking a dining package (60 days in advance) will get you the best view with the least wait. Have a great day in Walt's park!

We will indeed be getting MP! Wouldn't think of not getting it actually. Seems like money well spent. We have all day, no kids and no rush. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter