This 2017 PTR is all over the place!! Updated 08/21/17 Nearly time!!

Aww thank you :flower1: Haven't seen you around the boards lately, hope things are well!

yeah, the kids' school started and i got very involved with helping in the classrooms and PTA activities, so DCL & DLR planning got set aside. need to pick that up again though... our cruise is not too far away!

So, in a fit of procrastination, I decided to check the boards today, and found your updates (I've drifted away from the boards, as I usually do in between trips).

We are also in countdown mode (sort of) for a cruise that leaves in 7 weeks. I thought I would compare. :)

So, to start, we forgot completely about our first booking day (largely since there was very little we wanted to book), so I did it the next day.... to be fair, a rather nasty virus had taken over our house that weekend.

I'll quote your version below of booking and then explain ours.

Our Star Wars cruise is now 90 days away which means as a SILVER cruiser, we can do online check in!!

A bonus of living on the West Coast is not having to stay up past midnight to do check in but rather I can do it after the kids go to bed just after 9pm! You know....as long as the website is cooperating :rotfl2: Which, thankfully, last night it was!

Although all PAT's were available, we chose 11:30-11:45 because we have an 8:50am breakfast reservation at Ohana's that morning. To be honest I think we'll be lucky if we actually make it by 11:45am, but arriving after is fine - it's arriving earlier than your PAT and you're stuck twiddling your thumbs. Plus I hear anytime after 12:30 and you basically just walk on the ship so that is fine by me. We probably won't want a ton of lunch since we'll have gorged ourselves silly at Ohana's :rotfl:so I'm more interested in checking out the ship and having a very light bite to eat.

Anyway, I made the following bookings:

-tickets to princess meet n greet
-tickets to Frozen meet n greet
-Disney Jr character breakfast
-10am Palo brunch on second sea day
-Remy Dessert party on final sea day
-Royal Court Tea and BBB (crown package) before tea on Tortola Day
-this excursion for St Thomas: https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/...as-st-john-catamaran-sail-snorkel-beach-club/
-this excursion for Tortola: https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/port-adventures/tortola-virgin-islands-by-land-and-sea/
-snorkel equipment rental for DH at Castaway Cay
-no cabana's available :sad: although we probably would not have booked one anyway :confused3

All that's left is to call DCL and grab a couple of one-day rainforest passes. Also, I'm in charge of setting up the mixology classes for my cruise group so I'm starting the list in mid November and will email DCL 30 days beforehand.

Oh, and I've started my FE's!!! Well I haven't, the lovely people who run the Etsy shop I bought from have :thumbsup2 That's the cabin gift (ordered one for us, too). I also plan on getting something small for each of the kids in the group, too. The lists will be finalized November 15th so I'll wait until then to get the rest of the gifts (don't worry, the cabin gift, while fabulous, is not personalized). I'd post it here but you never know who reads these reports so in case someone from my cruise group is reading this.....I'll post afterwards what it is :boat:

Anyway.....getting even more excited now that check in is complete! Next up: fastpass day! November 13th :cheer2::cheer2:

Alrighty then. In our Undisney state, we:

- did not book anything to do with princesses.
- did not in fact book any meets and greets - apparently Olaf once was good enough for the kiddo
- stuck with tradition and did not book a character breakfast
- we did book 2 things at Remy- brunch and supper - we've done Palo a lot, so happy to skip this time.
- tormented the kiddo about booking the Royal Tea thingy, and that was amusing to see, but we reassured him that we would not torture him thus (I can't even imagine how Mr. Anti-Princess would react... OMG!)
- booked something or other at Tortola we don't plan on using - which reminds me we need to figure out what we are doing that day...
- booked the same St. Thomas excursion, though we may well decide to not do that one either- probably just going to escape Big Mouse that day and head to Magen's beach on our own if the weather is agreeable (I have a calendar notice reminding me to cancel things)
- did not book anything for Castaway Cay
- did nab a 1045 PAT despite forgetting to check in on time.

So- it was a fairly quick process.

The next day, though, we had a wee dance of joy as we got an email telling us we were no longer wait-listed for early dining- yahoo! No issues with members in our party (me, ahem) falling asleep in the pasta course.

I see you've finished your FEs. We (ahem) have not started. That is what the holidays are for, I hope... (we've always managed before, so here's hoping again).

Mostly, we've been scrambling to ensure that Santa has the help he needs to procure Conor's modest requests, all Harry Potter related (very jealous of your trip on that front): An elder wand (this only makes sense if you've got to book 7 - and we are thankful to the lovely man in our own province who carves some when not tending to his totem pole business and Etsy for bringing us all together ), pet owls (of the stuffed variety, thankfully), Lego mini-figures of Ron and Hermione (thank you to whoever invented Amazon... Santa is grateful), and Hogwarts prefect & head boy badges. I now remember we also need to sort out a costume for SWDAS for the kiddo. He tells us he's all over pirates now (he just put his pirate cookie cutters into the "giveaway" pile ... sigh), so we can skip that one for once!

Enjoying your PTR. I may even start one ... once we get past Christmas.

@Conorama yep sounds about on par for you guys ;-)

I ended up cancelling the Royal Court Tea - at $489US that would be well over $600 Canadian :eek: I did keep their appointment that day at BBB because they both still want to do that but we are doing the modest package, not the whole-hog :thumbsup2 I also cancelled the Remy Dessert party. So it's just Palo for brunch and dinner, could not convince DH to do Remy for dinner.

We have late dining which we really enjoy. On our first cruise, the first night was rough on our youngest, she was asleep before dessert in her chair. After that first night she did fine. And now since this cruise is 3 hours ahead of our time zone I think youngest DD will do fine this time around. Eldest DD could stay up til midnight if we let her :eek:

Pirate costumes....riiiiight. Hmmmm.....well we didn't do much last time, just a few little things. The pirate thing didn't really resonate with us. As for SWDAS we've all got tshirts and that's about it (I have storm trooper earrings too lol)

@Conorama yep sounds about on par for you guys ;-)

I ended up cancelling the Royal Court Tea - at $489US that would be well over $600 Canadian :eek: I did keep their appointment that day at BBB because they both still want to do that but we are doing the modest package, not the whole-hog :thumbsup2 I also cancelled the Remy Dessert party. So it's just Palo for brunch and dinner, could not convince DH to do Remy for dinner.

We have late dining which we really enjoy. On our first cruise, the first night was rough on our youngest, she was asleep before dessert in her chair. After that first night she did fine. And now since this cruise is 3 hours ahead of our time zone I think youngest DD will do fine this time around. Eldest DD could stay up til midnight if we let her :eek:

Pirate costumes....riiiiight. Hmmmm.....well we didn't do much last time, just a few little things. The pirate thing didn't really resonate with us. As for SWDAS we've all got tshirts and that's about it (I have storm trooper earrings too lol)

That's some super-pricey tea! With your time zone change, later dinner makes a lot of sense.

Now that we got through Harry Potter fest, I can start to plan a bit more. Step 1 - get Star Wars stuff already! :)

Time for another wee update now that we are less than 3 weeks away!!!

Hope you all (if you celebrate) had a Merry Christmas.....happy holiday!!! My house is still in utter chaos as my husband is off today (he gets today off in lieu of Christmas day being on a Sunday this year and the 26th is a stat holiday here in Canada). We've eaten too much...had too much to drink....messed the house up beyond recognition.....time to get it together man :rolleyes2

On the trip front I was able to secure a reservation for the Illuminations Dessert Party for our night at Epcot! So I moved our dinner reservation at Chef de France up to 5:30pm (because let's face it we won't be eating until after 6pm anyway) and we won't order dessert :flower:

On the cruise front I cancelled BBB and rebooked the Royal Tea for the girls and I. @Conorama all I do is spend spend spend like water apparently :sad2: I must need my head examined.

I was in charge of setting up the mixology groups and let me tell you - NO good deed goes unpunished!!!! We have 4 groups and at first the cruise line told me one of them would have to be on Star Wars day. Many people were unhappy so I went back to DCL and the lovely Alma fixed it so all 4 groups would fall on the first two sea days. Happy times.

Then when it came time to submit all the names and cabin numbers, the Beverage Manager (NOT Alma) denied our requests, stating only one on each of the first two sea days, group 3 would then be moved to St Thomas Day and group 4 - yep, back on Star Wars day. :mad: I was pissed off. Lots of disappointed people but I have to say everyone in my group has been SO amazing. I even got private messages from people, not wanting to move, but just to tell me how they appreciate all my hard work. We did have a few people drop out but in the end we still have 4 groups, group 4 being held on SW Day with only 21 people (Alma said the minimum was 25?!) so I'm happy to say it's ALL SET!!!! Now everyone wants to buy me a drink :rotfl2:

Still need to assemble all the FE gifts which I should REALLY do this coming long weekend.

Annnnd that's about it for now! :cheer2:

Happy new year everyone! Only 13 days left until our cruise!!!! 11 days until we fly out to Orlando!!!!!

So without further ado, I am finishing my Disneyland miniTR! Please forgive, my memory is a bit faint for this final day since it was 5+ months ago. So details are a wee bit fuzzy lol Also, I don't have a ton of photos, most of them are of the PTN parade.

Thursday September 1st.
Most of us woke up in a foul mood. For me it was due to the fact my monthly visitor showed up 2 days early :headache: Luckily I had brought provisions with me so there was no need to spend $40 in the gift shop of the Howard Johnson for supplies! Youngest DD woke up in a foul mood for no apparent reason and eldest DD woke up with a stomach ache. Good start.

We had plans to meet up with Katy and her entourage for lunch at Aladdin's as we had preordered the PTN lunch package and then spend the afternoon and evening together so this morning we were on our own. The park opened at 10am and we had an 8:45am breakfast reservation at Rainforest Grill. Forgot how long it took to walk there and so leaving the hotel at 8:30 was late. By the time we got to the restaurant (of course security had to be busier that morning than the morning before :rolleyes:) it was nearly 9am. The restaurant was EMPTY so no problems with honouring our reservation lol Also, nearby is the line up for the monorail and we saw our friends in line so said a quick hello. Eldest DD had perked up so tucked into her waffles with ease but youngest DD was still grumpy and spent most of the time at the aquarium tank behind us.

14237691_10157483762335245_2544536538890419377_n.jpg

14202578_10157483762475245_3889152226553514397_n.jpg

After breakfast we looked in the gift shop for a few minutes and then got in line for the monorail to take us to Disneyland! I LOVE the monorail, love that it stops right in the middle of the park. So convenient when you are down that end of Downtown Disney already!

Got off and started to head straight towards Peter Pan when eldest DD whispered that she had to go the bathroom RIGHT NOW and I knew what that meant. Hustled her to the nearest bathroom where she proceeded to not have a great time :sad1: But said she felt better afterwards. And luckily after some water she perked right up and she was fine for the rest of the day.

Anyway back to Peter Pan and the posted wait was 50 minutes :crazy2: I think we waited a bit less but not by much. Honestly it's a good ride but it's not GREAT FABULOUS mondo....bah. Humbug.

After that we did the carousel....no sorry I think we did Mr. Toad then the carousel. Then teacups!

DH and youngest DD:
14192647_10157483762885245_8870917322912332637_n.jpg

Moi

14079548_10157483762945245_3281016129128182615_n.jpg

Look up
14184566_10157483763005245_1084626479596226998_n.jpg

After that we hit the Matterhorn. Posted wait I think was 20 minutes? Was less. Man I forget how bumpy that ride is lol Several times my butt got air. If you've seen the size of my rear, you'll know that's no easy feat! :rotfl2:

So at the end we are pulling in to the station and they pull our track/bobsled over to the right. Um.....ok. In the bobsled was the four of us and one other couple. Did someone do something wrong? Did they hear me all the way down below while I swore as my butt slammed down?:confused3 We sat in the hot sun, roasting, for a good several minutes until they pulled us over again and a CM asked us if we all wanted to ride again! Now, I would've been happy to get out. By this time I was getting a little cramped but everyone else said yes so off we went! BOOM went my butt again :jumping3:

After that we stretched our legs and started heading over to New Orleans square where we rode Pirates my FAVOURITE RIDE in ALL OF DISNEYLAND!!!!:jumping1: In case you missed that, I LOVE POTC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After pirates we texted our friends as it was nearing our lunch ressie. They were also nearby so after a quick stop in the Pandora store (which is so ridiculously tiny) we met up at Aladdin's for our lunch and PTN fast passes!

Here's a pic of the lunch boxes that both of my girls had ordered:
14212845_10157483762580245_4156364267755871777_n.jpg

And a group shot of the kids table, with the adults in the background:
14237499_10157483762740245_4788429077086967696_n.jpg

After lunch dh and I had fast passes for Indiana Jones for ourselves and our eldest while the rest of the group went on Jungle Cruise and took our youngest with them. Love Indy!!! After the ride we met up with the group and Katy's oldest boy (who is 9 days older than our eldest) said that he'd like to try it as he'd never been so we got 4 more fast passes (return time was only half an hour away!) and we all went to the Tiki Room to kill some time before going back on Indy. Woohoo!!

After that our groups split up as they had tickets for Jedi training so we made plans to meet back up again at dinner for our Cafe Orleans reservation.

My family and I headed to BTMRR where there was a 10 minute wait - if that! Decided to do that ride again before doing POTC again. Haunted Mansion was closed that week because they were putting on the Halloween overlay.
Now here's where my memory gets hazy. I know dh went and got fp's for him and eldest DD for splash mountain (which they never ended up using but can't remember why :confused3) and then we headed back to tomorrowland. We did buzz light year and then dh did Star Tours....or did he? Seriously....I have the memory of a 90 year old. Just asked dh and I he can't flippin remember either :rotfl2:

Ah well. I do remember buying a Star Wars tank top for myself and DH bought a baseball shirt with Boba Fett on it. I'm trying to think what else we did that afternoon :cool:

Well let's skip ahead to dinner, shall we? lol We all met up at Cafe Orleans and had a so-so meal. Not fabulous, not horrible. So-so. They forgot my youngest DD's entree so that was 10 minutes of whining until her dinner came (despite her friend offering up her fries for her to share!) I had the fried green tomato sandwich. M'eh. Dh thinks he had gumbo and something else :rotfl:Then we ordered plates of glorious, yummy , beignets!

14184474_10157483763065245_6540572231116603574_n.jpg

Sooooooo goooooddddd.

After dinner we still had a bit of time to kill before getting in line for PTN so we all rode POTC together. Woohoo!!We had the boat to ourselves since we were a group of 9 (possibly another small group at the back). Wheeeee!!!!!!!

Then we made our way over to IASW where the crowds were growing for PTN. We got excellent seats in the sidewalk and a set of stairs. Right across from IASW. I don't think we could have planned that better if we tried!!! We had about a half an hour to 45 minute wait so we chatted with those around us, the kids goofed around and it was a good time just to relax and soak in the fabulous atmosphere of Disneyland. Please, enjoy some parade photos:

14141851_10157483763225245_1689225006007455199_n.jpg

14192533_10157483763305245_2320863867043911892_n.jpg

14199308_10157483763610245_3524262037224321660_n.jpg

14102480_10157483763655245_8946573785814017458_n.jpg

14211941_10157483763780245_2673398447216218721_n.jpg

14222368_10157483763845245_8528812296157728144_n.jpg

14191991_10157483763895245_4900749423146270956_n.jpg

14192603_10157483767265245_6498265408165429425_n.jpg

14212845_10157483767415245_4761382016709633313_n.jpg

14199562_10157483767655245_8923701503375494638_n.jpg

14192573_10157483767860245_8974476269521564664_n.jpg

14233098_10157483768390245_6857919203868217810_n.jpg

We all just loved this parade. It's so well done. The music is great, so upbeat. It's a shame that it's now just on 'limited edition' at DLR. I hope to be able to catch it again in the future.

At the end of PTN an announcement was made regarding the Disneyland Forever fireworks - it was windy (not really but I guess still windy) and they were debating on whether to show them or not. At this point DH was having some issues with his contacts and really just wanted to leave ahead of the crowds. Since we'd seen the fireworks the previous September I was fine with leaving. So we said our goodbyes to our friends and started towards mainstreet. And then a very Disney thing happened.

My eldest, who had just turned 8....miss "mom are we really going to Disneyland again soon?" started to cry. I thought she'd been bumped or jostled in the crowd, maybe someone had bumped her or stepped on her foot. She kept blubbering "I'mgonnaaloaudiouaoudsouasdh" Yes not very understandable. I was able to pull her to one side and crouched down and she finally was able to say "I'm going to miss Disneyland!! I miss it already!!!" and sobbed into my shoulder.

I mean....come on.....how could you NOT stay after that? I told DH to give me one of the room keys, told him to head back to the hotel and we'd meet him there.

Nope he said. I've got my travel bottle of contact solution in my backpack. Give me 5 minutes! :jumping2::jumping2: By the time he came out of the mens room it was about 8:45 and they had cancelled the fireworks so the crowds were thick. He had used the washrooms behind Plaza Inn so we were right by Buzz Light Year and Astro Orbitors. We let DD choose, telling her we'd only have time for one before they closed the park. She chose Astro Orbitors since we hadn't been on it this trip. We got in line and at 9:05 we boarded. I didn't take any photos except one as I was too mesmerized by the beauty of the park at night.

I snapped this photo shortly before boarding, not the greatest but I think it's still pretty cool
14192172_10157483768475245_1882644784934940217_n.jpg

Both girls had the biggest smiles on their faces as we soared through the night. It was, simply put, a truly magical experience. And a GREAT way to end our latest Disneyland trip.

On the way out we stopped at a couple stores along mainstreet - still flying high from our end of night adventure we let the girls each buy one toy and spent waaaay too much.....:thumbsup2

On the walk back to the hotel DD8 kept chattering on about when could our next trip to Disneyland take place? When when when? Filled my Disney heart with glee :)

Put the girls to bed once we got back and then furiously packed as we needed to hit the road by about 7:30 the next morning.

Friday September 2nd.

I won't bore you with many details about our trip home because it's not Disney and who cares, right? We ran into several runners for the Labour Day weekend marathons as we got a quick breakfast to go from McD's before hitting the highway. Traffic was surprisingly LIGHT (especially compared to the nightmare we'd endured on our Universal day) and we got to the car rental with plenty of time. Got the shuttle. Got to horrid LAX and it's never ending construction. Blah blah blah. Flight was on time but fully booked so we gate checked one or two of our carryons.

Flying over....I dunno.....somewhere lol I took this photo:

14212691_10157483768540245_7808679694769722825_n.jpg

Can you spot the hidden Mickey?

Landed on time, blah blah blah. Got the dog from the kennel on the way home, ran into crap long weekend traffic on the drive home and I think we were home about 4:30. Luckily we had the long weekend to recover before it was back to work and SCHOOL!!!

So there you have it. Our next Disneyland trip, while not booked, is planned for February 2018 with my friend L and her family. In the meantime we have Epcot (with a stay at Port Orleans Riverside) and two Disney cruises to get my Disney fix for 2017!!

Aww, what a sweet ending to your DL trip! I'm glad your DD is so eager to go back now! Not that you need another excuse, hehe.
Just wanna say, have an amazing trip!! I hope you have a great Epcot day, it's my favorite park so I hope you have a blast. I hope you actually do get to ride the Frozen ride, as it's pretty cool, but Test track is very unique to FL so I hope you enjoy it! Yay for getting the Illuminations dessert party, that is one I have not done yet but I will probably do sometime.
I'll PM you something I just found out, not sure if you'll get it but I'll try your instagram too :)

Aww, what a sweet ending to your DL trip! I'm glad your DD is so eager to go back now! Not that you need another excuse, hehe.
Just wanna say, have an amazing trip!! I hope you have a great Epcot day, it's my favorite park so I hope you have a blast. I hope you actually do get to ride the Frozen ride, as it's pretty cool, but Test track is very unique to FL so I hope you enjoy it! Yay for getting the Illuminations dessert party, that is one I have not done yet but I will probably do sometime.
I'll PM you something I just found out, not sure if you'll get it but I'll try your instagram too :)

Sorry, just got your instagram message now and have just replied :) As for Epcot....well dh and I loved it but the kids were bored with the 'adult' side (ie, the pavillions.) Unfortunately never made it to Frozen. Without a fast pass our waits would have been anywhere from 60-95 minutes. Boo. Loved the magic band and fast pass system though!!! Will write more soon....time for bed!!

Ok, trip report started for our Star Wars cruise!

193 days until our Alaskan cruise!

Already planning cruise #4 :worship: May 2018 San Diego to Vancouver cruising with friends. Just waiting for DCL to release the dates in the coming weeks......Oh and I really want to go back on the Fantasy so we're planning on doing the Western Carib itinerary either November 2018 or summer 2019 :flower:

Well since the Canadian dollar continues to take a tumble I bit the bullet and paid the remaining balance for our Alaskan cruise (PIF date is April 30th). So today we are Paid in FULL for Alaska!!!

172 days to go :rotfl:

Been researching excursions etc. So many choices. So much money :eek: Not sure we'll be booking through Disney for all of them (or any of them!) Online check in for Silver isn't until May 30th so I've got time :thumbsup2

When the dates summer 2018 dates were released a couple of weeks ago we went ahead and booked the the 5 night San Diego to Vancouver cruise for May 2018. Decided on an oceanview room as the prices were a bit more than I was hoping for so we are on the same deck as our friends. Aft on deck two (practically midship actually), they are port side, we are starboard. So that's cruise #4!

When the end of 2018 dates are released this Spring I will *look* at the rates for November 2018 Western Carib itinerary for the Fantasy. If it's more than I'm anticipating then I'll hold off for early 2019 dates and book the Magic out of Miami for a Marvel cruise in April or May (IF that's the itinerary lol).

I already told DH we are on the road to GOLD so might as well go for it! :jumping1: However, I doubt very much that we'll ever get to Platinum because(a) there are several itineraries that he refuses to do and (b) he doesn't want to repeat any itineraries.

:headache:

Men.

Might just have to leave him home down the road :car:

Not much to report because not much is happening at the moment! We changed our cabin a few days ago, from Starboard side deck 6 to Port side deck 7, still verandah. Exciting eh :rolleyes1

Online check in is still 2 months away :sad2: This wait is killing me....come ON August 28th!!!!

Oh well, more time to agonize over excursions! I think we have talked ourselves OUT of doing the Tracy Arm excursion.

In other travel news, DH and I are going to Vegas for 3 whole days and nights by ourselves!!!! You don't understand how huge this is. Since we've had the kids we have only been away ONCE for a whole 42 hours without our kids!!! Due to having some awesome friends, they are taking our girls (two friends, splitting the days, not splitting the kids up lol) And right before DH and I go to Vegas (we leave the night of May 1st) I am away for 2 more nights for a girls weekend to celebrate a friends' 40th birthday :thumbsup2 So some stuff to look forward to before this cruise :jumping2:

When the dates summer 2018 dates were released a couple of weeks ago we went ahead and booked the the 5 night San Diego to Vancouver cruise for May 2018. Decided on an oceanview room as the prices were a bit more than I was hoping for so we are on the same deck as our friends. Aft on deck two (practically midship actually), they are port side, we are starboard. So that's cruise #4!

Yay!!

When the end of 2018 dates are released this Spring I will *look* at the rates for November 2018 Western Carib itinerary for the Fantasy. If it's more than I'm anticipating then I'll hold off for early 2019 dates and book the Magic out of Miami for a Marvel cruise in April or May (IF that's the itinerary lol).

I already told DH we are on the road to GOLD so might as well go for it! :jumping1: However, I doubt very much that we'll ever get to Platinum because(a) there are several itineraries that he refuses to do and (b) he doesn't want to repeat any itineraries.

:headache:

Men.

Haha, don't they know that on a Disney Cruise it's about the journey and not the destination?!?! I could have a cruise to nowhere if that were allowed, as long as I'm on a Disney boat! And the Jungle Cruise doesn't count!

Not much to report because not much is happening at the moment! We changed our cabin a few days ago, from Starboard side deck 6 to Port side deck 7, still verandah. Exciting eh :rolleyes1

ooh one deck higher! yay!

Online check in is still 2 months away :sad2: This wait is killing me....come ON August 28th!!!!

ugh yeah, tell me about it...

In other travel news, DH and I are going to Vegas for 3 whole days and nights by ourselves!!!! You don't understand how huge this is. Since we've had the kids we have only been away ONCE for a whole 42 hours without our kids!!! Due to having some awesome friends, they are taking our girls (two friends, splitting the days, not splitting the kids up lol) And right before DH and I go to Vegas (we leave the night of May 1st) I am away for 2 more nights for a girls weekend to celebrate a friends' 40th birthday :thumbsup2 So some stuff to look forward to before this cruise :jumping2:

How exciting!!!

I'm having enough trouble waiting to check in next week!

In other travel news, DH and I are going to Vegas for 3 whole days and nights by ourselves!!!!

Oooooh! That sounds like pure heaven.

Haha, don't they know that on a Disney Cruise it's about the journey and not the destination?!?! I could have a cruise to nowhere if that were allowed, as long as I'm on a Disney boat!

This. I talked to one of our friends who traveled with us and she said she was jealous that we slept in so many days and took it easy. My mom and I were saying how much we just enjoyed ship time.

137 days left....it's taking TOO LONG to get here!!! :sad2::sad:

I know I know, I'm wishing the summer away. Heck forget summer, I would just like more Spring weather here in our neck of the woods :daisy:

Anyway, to pass the time only 15 days until my girls weekend away to celebrate my bff's 40th birthday and only 18 days until DH and I sneak off to Vegas for 3 days!!!:cheer2:

We've been pouring over excursions and I think we have it narrowed down. Not doing any helicopter or float plane excursions (I refuse to fly in anything smaller than a 737!) :rotfl2::rotfl2:Online check in is May 30th for us (which actually means May 29th 9:01pm :thumbsup2)

Today I called in and ordered a few gifts to be in our room on embarkation day to surprise my husband and kids. On our first cruise I surprised hubby with the Romance for 2 package and also got him the beer mug. Obviously we still own the mug and the robes (and wear them all the time....sooooo cozy!!!!)

So I ordered the Finding Dory room decorations, the bottle of Bon Voyage prosecco and chocolates and the fruit and cheese platter. I know I could just get All Hands on Deck but I don't remember what time room service opens on embarkation day so I splurged so that everything would be waiting for us in the room party:

90 days until we sail to Alaska! :cheer2::boat: Which means ONLINE check in day!!! Which started at 12:01am this morning or, if you're lucky and live on the west coast like we do, 9:01pm last night! :thumbsup2

Booked all our first choice for excursions:
-Juneau City tour and Mendenhall Glacier (JU06)
-Jeep and canoe adventure for Ketchikan (KE10)
-Liarsville Gold rush in Skagway (SW36)

You'll notice no dog mushing or float plane/helicopter excursions. First off, you will NEVER get me in any aircraft smaller than a 737 :cool: and second, I just paid off my mortgage last Fall, I don't need to take out a second mortgage to pay for excursions thankyouverymuch. Oh and thirdly we live in Vancouver so I have a feeling we'll probably take another Alaskan cruise (maybe not Disney) in a few years anyway :thumbsup2

Booked Palo brunch for the first sea day (decided not to do Palo for dinner this time around), Disney VIP character breakfast for the second morning (Tracy Arm day), couples massage for the final sea day and a couple of other things (princess meet and greets, BBB for the girls, etc) during the week.

Woohoo cannot WAIT!

All PAT slots were still available, they start at 11-11:30 for Vancouver. We actually chose 11:30-12 for our PAT. We need to drop our dog off at the Kennel on the way and don't feel like sitting in rush hour traffic on the way there lol Think once we board we'll try Tritons for a sit down lunch instead of fighting the crowds at Cabanas :thumbsup2

3 months to go! I don't want to wish away the summer but it can't get here fast enough :jumping1:

:banana::cheer2:

How was your Eastern carib cruise? Will you do a trip report? I hope you all had a FABULOUS time :jumping3:

it was fabulous and i know now why people call it the caribbean blue!!! so beautiful. loved tortola and st. john. enjoyed castaway cay too but it was a bit of a people soup... ;)

i won't be writing a trip report this time because it's such a frequently traveled itinerary so there must be plenty of TRs out there already. plus i'm lazy (and you may recall i never finished writing up that last day at aulani, lololol!)

i look forward to reading your alaskan TR though! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts