This Bridge is Old, Like You! - A July 2017 and April 2018 TR *Completed + New TR Link Posted

Typically, when I try new dining locations with my mom I choose places Alex has little interest in.

I did this when Danielle and I went without DH in 2009. It was nice to try something DH would never agree to try.

Actually, everyone was in a pretty good mood.

Yeah, everyone looks happy.

Oh, and look you guys! Take a peek at who else was smiling:
03-jpg.289608

Beautiful smile!

My mom and I got quite the surprise when we disembarked the monorail and realized we had to go through bag check again. Talk about the most asinine system ever.

That stinks big time.

At the front of the park, I made my family stop so we could take a couple photos in front of Spaceship Earth.

Good call. Very sweet pictures of all.

Am I right? Someone please confirm or deny this!

Yes you are, Chip it is.

All you wonderful people are so smart, I bet you already know the answer to this. I mean, what good story involves both children liking the same thing? That’d be too simple! No parent in the history of parenthood has life that easy.

Oh noooo! What one loves the other hates.

Evie took one look at the chipmunk and let out a blood curling scream.

Poor Evie! She doesn't like giant rodents. Chip and Dale were the first characters Danielle warmed up to on he first trip.

Unfortunately for my mother, I wasn’t cutting it for Evie that evening. She wanted to sit in Nana’s lap, so my mom had to set up camp with a one year old.

Your Mom is a trouper. I hope I do half as well next month with my grands.

From afar, the characters were great. From two feet away? Not so much.

Perspective.

As our main course was wrapping up, my mom and I encountered the worst Catch-22 situation imaginable. Our table was about the third one away from the kitchen doors and the restaurant wasn’t overly full that night. So my kid, excitable little guy that he is, would see the characters passing by pretty frequently and feel the need to say hello to them. Landon would become so excited when he turned his head mid-bite and happen to see Mickey walking past. And I guess since it wasn’t that busy, the characters were feeling extra generous that evening and stopped in front of Landon almost every single time! Pluto, especially. He kept wanting to give Landon high fives, play peek a boo, return a quick wave.

I'm glad Landon enjoyed it. We ate here in 2007 and found we got the best character interaction. They came around twice at least.

Yell and throw a fork.

We went through seven forks.

Our server brought 4 extra when she saw what was happening.

I left a big tip.

Love this!

Dessert arrived and due to all the mayhem I had forgotten to mention that I’m allergic to strawberries. Not wanting to drag the meal out any longer than necessary I just skipped eating and let my mom enjoy the strawberry shortcake all to herself.

I love strawberries. I'm so sorry you had to miss out. This was very big of you. I'm sure they would have brought you some ice cream.

My mom and Landon finished with Soarin’ and when I saw Landon I asked how he liked the ride.

“I hated it!”

Oh dear.

I looked up at my mom and she shook her head, eyes wide.

“It did not go well.”

“Really?”

“Mom, it was scary. Why would you let me ride that?”

If it makes you feel better, Evie will most likely love it.

The wait to get on wasn’t long at all, but while standing in the queue I was hit with a huge sense of homesickness for Alex. I don’t know what in the world triggered it, but for that ten minute stretch I really missed my husband and felt really sad being at Disney World without him. There were other moments throughout the week that made me think of him, but that instance was by far the worst. I’m sure a lot had to do with the fact that I felt like a little bit of failure with Evie at dinner. No matter what I tried, I couldn’t get her to stop screaming when a character came by and could barely get her to eat her food.

I'm so sorry. You're finally get some time to yourself and the loneliness hits you.

Look at us babies!

So young!

Ahh. Yes. My son has quite a few quirks, and one of them at the time was his insistence to wait until bedtime to, ah, use the restroom. So, I left my mom with Evie and took Landon to the nearby bathrooms. And spent thirty minutes trying to get him to understand that waiting until we were back at Shades wasn’t a great idea.

He has great control for someone so young. At least he's predictable.

I like the spontaneous breakfast reservation - that was a good call. Even if it wasn't the best experience, it's nice to get some decent food in the morning and not have to plan 6 months in advance to do it!

Oh, those poor kids ... having to spend time sitting in the comfortable, shaded stroller and not being in the crappy rental stroller. What an injustice. I definitely understand their faces in the Main Street pictures ...

Kona Café was a ghost town when we got there; it was obvious why there was so much availability. O’hana, on the other hand, had a line a mile long. I suppose if you’re a big Lilo and Stitch fan it would be worth the hassle of getting a meal there, but personally I liked the calm emptiness of Kona Café.
The food at Kona is so much better!!!! I wish you could get the food from Kona and see Lili of Stich.. Oh well. I love there Tonga Toast! Breakfast looked good.

Neither wanted the nice, comfortable, reclining, sun-shaded stroller we owned. Oh no, that would not do. Both fought over that cheap, plastic park stroller every single time we needed them to sit.
Seriously! Kids.... It is always something that you don't even think will be an issue! Kind of funny, though, they are fighting over to totally uncomfortable one..

You’re not allowed to shoot me those sullen, miserable looks until you’re teenagers…
Ha! Right?!? I always say one day they will realize how good they have it. (I hope)

But let me tell you! Those looks come sooner than you would think! And def sooner than I would like!

Still getting caught up.

Originally, my mom and I were going to take the kids to the pool as soon as we were changed and ready, but when we walked over there we saw a sign telling us the pool was closed until 10 o’clock.

That stinks! It's summer the pool should be open early.

Fortunately, the kids kept entertained by watching the dryers that were running.

Amazing what will entertain kids. When I worked in daycare and had 2 year old, I could line them up on the wall and do cartwheels. They would watch me for as long as I could keep doing them.

Meanwhile, Evie stayed in the pool part and enjoyed the water jets that would spontaneously shoot at her. Eventually, I convinced her to go up the steps and find the small set of slides that she could go down. And when that connection was made she was happy as could be.

Well something they have in common, slides.

However, the crazy kid kept asking if he could go on the adult slide that was set at the deep end of the pool.

No fear of the slide or water. Amazing.

Basically the complete opposite of what Alex would ever do at Disney. He’s a firm believer that resorts are for sleeping and showering, any longer and you’re wasting valuable park time.

DH is the same way. One of the reasons he's not going with us next month.

A Cast Member told her that they don’t sell strollers anywhere on property (which makes sense; they want you to rent one at the front).

They use to sell them. I remember they had them in the shop outside of the Magic Kingdom where you could rent a stroller or a locker.

Landon had spotted Tinkerbell and that was all she wrote.

That's perfect. Of course if he loves Peter Pan he has to have his own Tinkerbelle.

So instead I took my group in the complete opposite direction and landed us at Restaurantosaurus.

We ate here for the first time in 2015 and went back last May. Not the best food but it's big and has air conditioning. It also has lots to look at.

I really feel like Landon “gets Disney” even though he’s only 4. On some level he understands that it takes imagination, technology, and unprecedented customer service to make Walt Disney World the place it is, and I cannot wait to see what he does with that knowledge as he gets older.

That is so sweet. I wouldn't be surprised if he worked there one day. Maybe in the college program. Of course being an Imagineer would be fabulous.

Love all your 2018 Disney plans! I'm sure you'll have a blast and make lots more memories.

I was a little disappointed that Evie wouldn’t give the ride a chance, but the last thing I wanted to do was force it upon her and ruin her day like I did in the Magic Kingdom. I took the loss and moved on.

Wise move.

Gotta love live animals…they don’t give two hoots about waiting passengers.

This is true and to be expected with real live animals.

As I said…we had a long wait. I got to hear all these random tidbits of details. Made me think that must be what it’s like when guests have to listen to DISers have a meetup. Somewhat entertaining stuff.

I was just thinking the same thing.

Evie’s a massive animal lover, as well, so she really loved the attraction.

I'm so glad Evie found something else she really likes. I wonder if she would like the Affection Section in Conservation Station?

And Landon, in his 4 year old voice that’s more like a shout, exclaimed, “Nana! This bridge is old like you!”

OMG! This made me LOL! Out of the mouth of babes.

There was an awkward silence in the vehicle, and then everyone burst into laughter. The Instagram friends behind us were practically crying, they were trying so hard to be polite and not laugh too hard.

I would not be surprised is Landon was mentioned on said Instagram.

The rest of the safari was uneventful, with the exception of one incident where Landon misunderstood the guide and thought he mispronounced cheetah.

“It’s cheeto!”

“No, Landon, that’s a snack. This is a cat.”

“There’s no such thing as a cheetah, there’s only Cheetos!”

That got the three kids behind us going again.

I love this too. My kids had a stuffed Chester Cheetah. Danielle called him Cheeto.

Once my mom and I found the stand (the blind leading the blind when it comes to us two) I got my mom situated in line while I went and found an empty seating area for me and the kids to wait. I had known about this place thanks to @MEK (who’s no longer comes on the boards) and I had been keeping it in mind for just such an occasion. It was quiet, shaded, and provided plenty of room for the kids to run around.

Where is this found? We found the quiet spot last trip and really enjoyed it but I have no idea where this treat is.

The famous Dole whip with coconut rum. One of the best desserts a responsible adult can indulge in while at Disney.

I had to get my mom in on the selfie action:

07-jpg.294886

Fabulous picture of you two.

My mom and Landon found us on the sidewalk – Landon was terrified during the entire show, as I expected him to be. I told my mother she wasn’t allowed to take Landon anywhere by herself any more. She was scarring him for life!

I was just thinking this was a little too intense for Landon. Heck Danielle is 18 and still won't do it.

I think this has to be my favorite coaster at Disney.

But only the night version.

If you’re not doing EE at night, you’re not appreciating its full potential!

Totally agree.

I’m sure I’d enjoy it more during the daytime when I can actually see, but for my first experience it was just Meh. My mom and I made it to the gift shop and went inside to check it out. In there, I did manage to take one single photo of the new land:

We experienced the opposite. We saw it first thing in the morning but didn't get back to see it at night. I'm really hoping to see it in two weeks at night. I do agree it is crowded and over hyped.

I put my Disney skills to work and walked away with my family members. We wandered over to the regular resort bus stop and found the designated location right near the front for the Polynesian. No sooner had we walked up then a bus pulled up and we got on!

Good thinking!

“Best decision we made the entire trip.”

Yep!

We're hoping she's tall enough to ride Barnstormer by April, because we think she'll love it!

Fingers crossed. I can't wait to read about her reactions.

I hope Landon is like Danielle and wants to ride it when he's older.

Me too. Jimmy is over 30 and still loves Small World.

Feeling particularly spontaneous, I hopped on the MDE app and found a lot of availability for breakfast at Kona Café. Hot pancakes and cold liliko’i juice sounded a heck of a lot better than apple slices and yogurt, so I asked my mom if she wanted to high tail it over to the Polynesian and splurge a little.

Sounds like fun.

Kona Café was a ghost town when we got there; it was obvious why there was so much availability. O’hana, on the other hand, had a line a mile long. I suppose if you’re a big Lilo and Stitch fan it would be worth the hassle of getting a meal there, but personally I liked the calm emptiness of Kona Café.

Oh no. We have a breakfast next month at Ohana's. I hope it's not too bad.

The kids were really antsy this morning; Landon didn’t want to concentrate on the page and Evie kept trying to climb out of her highchair.

Poor kids. Sounds like they were ready to run around.

I ordered a side of scrambled eggs with my meal, because I can’t eat carb-y/sweet food without some kind of protein. Plus, Evie loves eggs so I figured I could split it with both kids. Unfortunately, our server forgot about them until after I had finished. She said she’d bring some out to me, but it was too late by that point so I told her not to worry about it.

I hate when this happens.

And the good news was, because our meal went so fast, we were boarding the monorail right at the Magic Kingdom’s opening.

Hooray!

This is a perk!

But today she put her foot down and told me, “Alicia, I’m renting a second stroller.”

Good call Mom!

The biggest issue we ran into with the rental stroller was the fact that both kids wanted to sit in it.

Neither wanted the nice, comfortable, reclining, sun-shaded stroller we owned. Oh no, that would not do. Both fought over that cheap, plastic park stroller every single time we needed them to sit.

Kids can be so picky.

Their photo by themselves wasn’t any better:
09-jpg.297138

You would have thought I was telling them they were in trouble or something! You’re at Disney kid, perk up!!!

This is too funny. You're going to have to show them this when they're older.

Mickey pancakes! So cute!

Well...you had to have at least one flaw. :P

Definitely a good idea! Though that's so funny that the kids fought over the rental stroller...those things look so uncomfortable!

Oh no!! Yeah, it doesn't seem like it was really your day for castle pictures! :laughing: But this makes a memorable photo nonetheless.

Alex thinks I'm nuts for not liking bacon!
Those strollers look terrible. Haha. But it was new and different so the kids thought it was wonderful.

Despite it being a little hectic, I'm glad you were happy with your spontaneous breakfast ADR!
How silly about the strollers! The kids really do look so miserable :rotfl2:

It was nice being able to do something spur of the moment. I do miss that when I plan my Disney trips.
The kids were definitely practicing for their sullen teenage years!

Had to laugh at your Main Street photos. You’d think you were punishing those poor children by taking them to MK :rotfl2::rotfl2:

I know! I could have understood if they were sick or it was late in the day, but to be that unimpressed first thing in the morning? After getting pancakes and syrup no less?! Kind of funny...

We went to Kona Cafe once for breakfast and thought that both the food and the service was okay. Like you, I am glad that we went but it will be a while before we return.

Poor kids being so stressed over who would get to sit in the rental and who would get to sit in the deluxe edition. Makes for some tough times for parents and grandparents.

Agreed. Kona was just "okay." I think their big seller is the Tonga Toast, but since that's just too sugar-y for me I never order it. I remember at one time they had the Big Kahuna Platter which was a little bit of everything and that was really great, but I'm almost positive it's not on the menu anymore.

Finally catching up on my favorite TR's. You and your mom tour well together! And, where did MEK go? I loved her posts!!

Aw, thanks!
My mom and I are great travel buddies; I think it's because we're very similar so we tend to prefer the same things and have the same pacing preference. If everything works out, I'll be taking her to Rome this year just the two of us!

I think she just got tired of trying to keep up with everything on the boards. I know she's doing the Princess Half next month, so she's still a Disnye fan!

Totally agree! It's very special when you get to share this ride for the first time with a child.

I had the same problem with 2 out of 3 kids. And 2 out of 3 kids passed me up when they were in the 6th grade, just not the same 2 of 3.

I love This is Us! I think Landon may have some OCD issues.

I loved your BTMRR update so much. I'll be smiling for awhile.

Thanks! It was fun to relive Landon's first experience on BTMRR.

I'm glad to hear you encountered the same issue with height, if only because it gives me a little hope that Landon will hit a growth spurt eventually. Everyone in Alex's family is at least six feet tall, so we keep looking at Landon thinking, "Poor Evie got Landon's share of the tall gene!"

Landon definitely has OCD tendencies. It was worse when he was younger but something we still have to work with him on daily.

I did this when Danielle and I went without DH in 2009. It was nice to try something DH would never agree to try.
It's so much fun to go with someone who has similar food tastes; you get to try new dishes without your significant other being too sad they missed out!

Your Mom is a trouper. I hope I do half as well next month with my grands.

He has great control for someone so young. At least he's predictable.

I'm sure you will! My mom will tell anyone going to Disney with her grandkids is exhausting, but she loves it. I'm sure it'll be fun for you to see Disney through a kid's eyes once again but not have the full parental responsibilities. The best of both worlds!
And that goes back to his OCD personality..

I like the spontaneous breakfast reservation - that was a good call. Even if it wasn't the best experience, it's nice to get some decent food in the morning and not have to plan 6 months in advance to do it!

Oh, those poor kids ... having to spend time sitting in the comfortable, shaded stroller and not being in the crappy rental stroller. What an injustice. I definitely understand their faces in the Main Street pictures ...

There is something to be said for not having to plan out a meal 6 months in advance. I'm trying to make our upcoming trip more go with the flow, and I hope that it's as easy as booking Kona was.

The food at Kona is so much better!!!! I wish you could get the food from Kona and see Lili of Stich.. Oh well. I love there Tonga Toast! Breakfast looked good.

Seriously! Kids.... It is always something that you don't even think will be an issue! Kind of funny, though, they are fighting over to totally uncomfortable one..

Ha! Right?!? I always say one day they will realize how good they have it. (I hope)

But let me tell you! Those looks come sooner than you would think! And def sooner than I would like!

I like to delude myself and think that kind of teenage attitude won't hit until they're much older, but then I read reports like yours and see what tiredness can do to two grade school-aged kiddos and my fantasy is shattered. Hah. Every age brings its own set of attitudes and hurdles...

I think the Tonga Toast is the big selling point for Kona.

Blasphemy

Oh the ankle biters those suckers hurt.

I do wish people would drive those strollers better. There's nothing worse than getting rammed in the leg by one of them!

Amazing what will entertain kids. When I worked in daycare and had 2 year old, I could line them up on the wall and do cartwheels. They would watch me for as long as I could keep doing them.

That is so sweet. I wouldn't be surprised if he worked there one day. Maybe in the college program. Of course being an Imagineer would be fabulous.

Oh wow! That's awesome. I used to work with 2 years old in a child care center, too, and normally I was too tired to do anything extra. Kiddos can exhaust you! But that kind of energy will come in handy when you're in Disney with JP!
I don't think the thought has ever crossed Landon's mind that he could work at Disney. I'm sure if it did, he'd have a new goal.

Where is this found? We found the quiet spot last trip and really enjoyed it but I have no idea where this treat is.

The snack location is called Tamu Tamu Refreshments and it's directly to the left of the quiet spot if you're looking towards the seating area. Kind of set on a corner.
http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dining/diningdetail.cfm?restaurant.id=264

I like to delude myself and think that kind of teenage attitude won't hit until they're much older, but then I read reports like yours and see what tiredness can do to two grade school-aged kiddos and my fantasy is shattered. Hah. Every age brings its own set of attitudes and hurdles...
It is just a different kind of challenge. But I will say in the parks, they are sooooo much easier now!

Feeling particularly spontaneous, I hopped on the MDE app and found a lot of availability for breakfast at Kona Café.

You're so right- spontaneous at Disney can be a lot of fun!

I suppose if you’re a big Lilo and Stitch fan it would be worth the hassle of getting a meal there, but personally I liked the calm emptiness of Kona Café.

Just no. Same food (mostly), no lines.

And I got the macadamia nut pancakes.

Always a winner!

And the good news was, because our meal went so fast, we were boarding the monorail right at the Magic Kingdom’s opening.

WOoT!!! Excellent timing, even if unintentional.

But today she put her foot down and told me, “Alicia, I’m renting a second stroller.”

My mom had had it with the child swapping and wanted them both to have a place to sit if need be. So she walked to the rental counter and purchased enough vouchers for the rest of our trip.

Your mom was today's heroine!!

Good grief… the way I had to create a rotation schedule for who got to sit where I should have taken problem resolution courses in college. Next time, I’ll get a double and they can both share the same one. (I think I’d rather listen to them kicking each other in the shins then hear their cries of injustice as I push them in the City Mini.)

Kids!

:sad2:

All caught up! Ugh- I can't believe the kids were fighting over the stroller... Oh, wait. My kids would do the exact same thing! Grrrr.

Your breakfast looked delicious- one of my favorites! <3

I'm glad to hear you encountered the same issue with height, if only because it gives me a little hope that Landon will hit a growth spurt eventually. Everyone in Alex's family is at least six feet tall, so we keep looking at Landon thinking, "Poor Evie got Landon's share of the tall gene!"

Just remember, boy sometimes get their growth spurt latter than girls. My DH was a shrimp when he was a Freshman in High School. I thinks he's kicked in between Sophomore and Junior year.

It's so much fun to go with someone who has similar food tastes; you get to try new dishes without your significant other being too sad they missed out!

When I did this in 2009 I went with my sister who had never been. I got to pick everywhere we went with no opposing tastes. It was so freeing.

I'm sure you will! My mom will tell anyone going to Disney with her grandkids is exhausting, but she loves it. I'm sure it'll be fun for you to see Disney through a kid's eyes once again but not have the full parental responsibilities. The best of both worlds!

I'm really looking forward to it. It will be a much different touring plan than in the past. I'm looking forward to slowing down and have more experiences instead of more rides.

The snack location is called Tamu Tamu Refreshments and it's directly to the left of the quiet spot if you're looking towards the seating area. Kind of set on a corner.
http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dining/diningdetail.cfm?restaurant.id=264

Thank you! It's going on the list. Animal Kingdom is the first park we're doing.

You're so right- spontaneous at Disney can be a lot of fun!

Just no. Same food (mostly), no lines.

I think we're going to have a more spontaneous trip come April, because nobody is going to pick which park we visit the Thursday before the wedding until the day before. So not much time to book Fastpasses or plan out our day!

I think Kona is a much better choice for breakfast compared to O'hana...

All caught up! Ugh- I can't believe the kids were fighting over the stroller... Oh, wait. My kids would do the exact same thing! Grrrr.

Your breakfast looked delicious- one of my favorites! <3

Kids keep you on your toes. I knew the older they got, the more they'd fight. I think our vacations for the next few years will be full of them bickering with each other. Evie already loves to push Landon's very particular buttons!

July 23rd, 2017 Part 2:

Having tortured the children with my picture-taking, I gave them a break and took us through the castle to the carousel. Landon got to pick his own horse; a very big deal for a four year old.
01.JPG

I didn’t even try with Evie, instead I sat down on one of the benches directly behind Landon.

02.JPG

She fussed at first, but when she heard her bubba laughing and having a grand time she settled and just looked around while our turn finished. Fortunately, since this trip she has gone on several carousel-type rides at Christmas Markets and has realized she loves them. So if nothing else, I know I can take her on this in 2018 and she’ll be happy!

Since we were in Fantasyland, Landon begged my mom and me to take him on Small World. I swear, we could stay in that one stretch of the park all day and Landon would have a blast, just going back and forth from attraction to attraction…

Landon’s insistence was hard to ignore, so I told my mom she could take Landon while I waited for her next to our favorite pit stop in the MK:
03.JPG

While they were in line, I found one of the charging stations by the tables and plugged my phone in for a charge.
05.JPG

Meanwhile, Evie sat in the rental stroller and played with the straps:
04.JPG

Would it sound sad to say this was her favorite part of the day? Unfortunately, I think it was! I put the brake on the stroller and that allowed her to climb in and out as much as she wanted. She seemed completely content to be away from the crowds, chilling with her mom.

It wasn’t long before my mom and Landon found us, and because Evie appeared so happy with her current situation, I told my mom she could walk across the way and use the Peter Pan Fastpasses I had booked for everyone. She offered to stay back with Evie so I could take Landon, but I insisted she go ahead.

This had turned into a Nana and Landon morning, and I was happy to take a backseat and let them have their time.

Well, not happy per say. It would have been better if I could have taken Evie with me and done something, but I guess stopping to smell the roses in Fantasyland was
something. Better to be watching my daughter play in the Magic Kingdom than watching her play in the living room at home…

Eventually, my companions finished Peter Pan’s Flight, with one of them walking up and asking if we would get to go on it again.
(Bet you can’t guess which of the two it was?) To distract the disappointed kiddo, I walked him over to the edge of the walkway and declared that this was the day we were going to find some of the hidden Pascals!

I had looked up the answers while I was charging my phone, and I had an idea of where to look this time. That sneaky chameleon wasn’t getting past me today!

I looked and looked and looked. Landon kicked the ground, pulled my arm, and tried to climb the railing. He tried to best me with his distraction techniques, but AHAH!

I found two!

IMG_5176.JPG
Gottcha, Pascal. No longer do you elude my weak little eyes.

Feeling quite successful, I returned to my mom and Evie and asked if they were ready to use our second FastPass. This time Evie and I would be tagging along, because Landon was meeting with some royalty and I wasn’t going to miss the interaction. We headed over to the Princess Fairytale Hall and waited about ten minutes before being led to the first lady we were scheduled to see.

06.JPG

One of my personal favorites…
Rapunzel!

I was really hoping Evie would stand next to her long enough to get a picture since she was wearing her Rapunzel outfit but it didn’t pan out. She wanted to stay in Nana’s arms and watch from a safe distance.

Landon, though, walked up to the princess and gave her a huge hug then sat down next her when she asked him to. They struck up an animated conversation while I snapped pictures with my phone.

07.JPG

Near the end of their meet, Rapunzel asked Landon, “Would you like to go on a picnic?”

“Oh, yes I would!”

“I think I’d like to bring cupcakes, and we can have Tiana bring her gumbo. What would you bring?”

Upon hearing this I closed my eyes and sighed.

I knew what Landon was going to say.

I just knew. It was one of those moments where you know your kid so well that you can predict what’s about to come out of their mouth.

And sure enough…

“CARROT STICKS!”

Sweet Landon…he said his favorite snack.

I desperately wish I had captured Rapunzel’s reaction when she heard Landon say that, because it was priceless. No doubt she was expecting to hear pizza or cookies or fries…but definitely not carrots. I mean, what kid thinks vegetables when they think of food?!?

Landon does, that’s who.

The Photopass Photographer had begun laughing when he heard that (as did the family waiting in line behind us) and turned to me and said, “I don’t think I’ve ever heard that answer before! That’s a first!”

All I could say back was:

“That’s my son.

Next up was Tiana.

08.JPG

Landon had never seen The Princess and the Frog before; I wasn’t sure how he’d react to an unfamiliar character but I needn’t have worried. She grabbed his hand, danced with him, and followed suit when he sat down on the ground. Since Rapunzel had sat with him, Landon just assumed all princess wanted to chill out on the ground. He asked what her name was and when she told him, he said,
“Oh that’s a pretty name! I’m Landon and I’m at Disney!”

The rest of the meet was comprised of Tiana talking and Landon shooting her googly eyes:

09.JPG

Our royal visitation time over, my mom and I brought the kids back to their strollers and wondered what was going to happen next. We were about to surprise Landon with another character meet, one he was likely to freak out over, and my mom and I couldn’t help but be curious about what we were getting ourselves into.

It was sure to be an interesting experience…

Up Next…I Need One More Hug

Your kids are different as night and day! Love the pictures of your DS with the princesses. Especially the last one with Tiana and his googly eyes - so cute!

I love that photo of you and Evie on the carousel, you got the back of the castle perfectly in the background!

Really cute that Landon and your mom had some bonding time this morning! Even if you were left out :(

Landon's interactions with Rapunzel & Tiana sound so adorable!! Soon enough I am sure Evie will be into it too!

Carrot sticks! I love how you knew what he was going to say and what type of reaction it would bring. Landon and the princesses were having a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!