This (DISNEY)land Was Made For You and Me - July 2016 Weight Loss and Lifestyle Change Challenge

You guys are amazing. You really inspired and challenged me this month -- and I know the summer months aren't easy with vacations.

LOOK AT ALL THE AWESOME PROGRESS YOU GUYS MADE. Even if you didn't reach the 100% of your goal, you still made progress. Look at where you are 30/31 days later.

Cannot wait to get final results up :D

REPORTING IN - I am at 100% of my goal 20 days of walking this month. :D

It did take effort and determination some days and other days it came very easily. I found ways to build extra walking to my days e.g. a lap of the school every time I visited the restroom which led to some work colleagues either doing that or just suggesting an extra lap when they were feeling the need to escape the computer/office ... so that is a good thing for me and my work friends. I think that even when I can start paddling in the mornings again I will try and keep up the afternoon walking I have been doing as it has also given me some nice time with the kids and they need the activity as well. Some days I made the minimum of 30 minutes, other days I walked 45 to 60 minutes :-) - it was a good way actually to see how sedentary my life was .... there were a few days were my phone showed barely any steps at all until I then went for a purposeful afternoon walk ... so that was a huge eye opener. I wasn't sure I would make my goal this morning - I woke up, but spent some time on the couch with the kids watching TV and then when I went to get up to make breakfast I felt really dizzy - it lasted about an hour or so - the kids made breakfast which I couldn't eat - I had a sleep on the couch and then woke up feeling a lot better - don't know what caused it but I didn't like that feeling. Anyway we went to have a belated birthday cake with my Dad as 2 of the kids were sick on his birthday last weekend - then we went to see Ghostbusters at the cinemas - we got to the cinema about an hour early - bought our tickets and then went walking to the park/riverside Pokémon hunting - we did this for about 45 minutes - I told you this story because in the past we would have either hung out in the foyer killing time or wandered around in the shops - this way I purposefully chose an active walk and it got us out in the fresh air by the river in the gorgeous afternoon before the movie. Thank you all for your support this month you have helped me achieve this.

BTW we really enjoyed Ghostbusters.

July was not a successful month for me, by any stretch of the imagination. I didn't perform well in achieving either of my goals. I did a fairly good job of turning things around yesterday, I had a nice healthy lunch with some salmon, logged all my food, didn't have any candy , and almost made it out of the day without ice cream. Almost.

I got quite a bit of straightening done in the house as well. Today is primarily do nothing day, but I will chip away at the chores.

Huge thanks to Courtney... Great job hosting July. Now off to give serious thought to August goals.

Checking in for the weekend, so I've got a few questions I missed:

Question of the Day - July 29
So, Tomorrowland presents us with the idea that it's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow and we should look forward
to the future. Sadly - Disneyland's Tomorrowland is sort of murky and has no vision / focus. It's in an identity crisis!

I know in your journey that you've had some great ideas of where you wanted to be, but maybe you've had to modify
some of those plans or... adapt to situational changes. Let's talk about shifting plans and modifying goals.
Tell us about how your vision/goals have changed during this process and how you've changed with your progress.

My goals slightly shifted from (2) 1 hour sessions on the elliptical each week this month to doing something active twice a week for at least an hour . DH and I ended up doing a fair amount of biking this month due to Pokemon Go and I was definitely working and sweating harder doing that than my elliptical hours. So I thought that was a fair trade. Then my cousin and I started holding each other accountable for yoga. There was yin and vinyasa but still gaining some strength. Again, I thought those were fair trades as well. Considering I was basically a couch potato last month, anything active made me feel like I was making progress!

I think it is because I was focusing on the wrong thing. I just worried about the weight and not really getting healthy.

This struck a chord with me-- I understand completely. This is the first month I am really trying to quit focusing on dropping lbs quickly and looking to change my lifestyle. This is like my 9th month on the DIS with these challenges and this is finally clicking for me haha!

Reflection Question of the Weekend:
What are your final results? How did you make strides in making changes?
If you aren't satisfied with your progress, what changes will you make for next month?

For the first time I am SOOOO EXCITED to say 100%!

I am feeling so accomplished. I literally just finished my final hour for this month because I didn't want to let wine, or TV, or the seductively lazy Sunday atmosphere screw me up!

Something clicked with me this month. Probably making my goal SUPER obtainable. I am a perfectionist and I think not making large strides quickly has been getting me down. This month I made it simple and was able to meet and exceed my goal. Rather than the 8 active hours I was shooting for, I logged about 12. And if we count the two nights out latin dancing I could probably add another 6....but there were cocktails so that was probably a wash haha!

Also feeling good today because the scale finally went down 2.5 lbs. So I lost the two that I "gained" and then a little more.

But BEST OF ALL: My fall boots that haven't zipped up over my chubby calves for the last year and a half zipped up this morning!!! Funny story, DH later confessed that he was so scared when he saw me pull them out just to see if they zipped. He was prepared for them not to and for me to be sad about it as usual. He was just as surprised and excited as I was!

Anyway, those boots tell me something is working! I want to stay active next month too. I will probably keep the same goal. I want to up to 3 hours per week being that I about did that anyway, but it was front of the month heavy (true to form: I overworked in the beginning and struggled to finish in the end). I don't want to set myself up for failure. I may do the same next month to solidify this as my routine and then up the ante come Sept or Oct.

Thank you for hosting, Courtney! I loved seeing Disneyland. I'm putting on our list for vacations, maybe we'll make it there next Fall.

I just finished up my last 10,000 steps. I am at 100% for July. Thanks for the motivation. I'm hoping that there is a new August thread and that I can find it. :)

You guys are all so amazing - you're KILLING IT :D

Keep posting your results. I'll reach out to you 100% folks and get your address so you can get your pin!

(And share them in the August thread so everyone else can see :D )

After a really not so great month, I finally stepped on the scale again in over two weeks. And was amazed that the number was far better than expected. I actually am at a lower weight than on July 1st (even though I know that then there was a lot of water weight in me)! I did miss my goal though, so I am reporting in with a final progress report of 89%!

@courtneybeth Thank you so much for the wonderful month and all the effort you put into the thread for July!!

I had a not so great month as far as my mental state toward eating right is concerned. I made lots of bad choices, but somehow ended up 2.5 pounds down from where I started. I will as though, yesterday was a good day as far as my food choices go and I'm pumped to begin the new month.

Yesterday I made a list of things I want to accomplish around the house as well as with my eating. I feel like when one area slides, they all do and that has definitely happened with me this past couple of months. My house and my eating have been so unorganized, but that is changing this month!

I ended up losing 2.5 out of my 8 pound goal, so I just a little over 30% for the month. Nothing to be proud of, but it could have been worse.

Thanks for hosting such a fun month Courtney. You made me want to come back to DL for sure!

July 30/31st - Exiting Main Street and Ending our Journey

And now it's time to say good bye :(

We've reached the end of our tour. We've ridden many attractions and learned new trivia.
We've challenged ourselves to meet goals. We even had a snack or two.

As we walk out of the park, I hope you all take a moment to think about your accomplishments

this month and realize that the progress you made are real souvenirs!

And for those who reached 100% of your goal, you'll even get some real souvenirs
in the mail once I get paid on Friday :)

Reflection Question of the Weekend:
What are your final results? How did you make strides in making changes?
If you aren't satisfied with your progress, what changes will you make for next month?

Love you all! I'll get results posted on Monday and PM those who reached 100% for their pin!

Check in - 31/31 days with 10,000 steps
9/9 days working out more then just walking
Yay!!! First time getting 100%

This month it was not always easy to get my steps in. My husband and I made a point to have me time (our own workout time). We got into a routine and stuck with it. He even pushed me on days I just did not want to walk. We had some really hot days. We both made plan to keep getting our steps in each day. One of our biggest problems is we sit all day at work so just moving is helping. School will be back in sessions in 2 weeks and our routine will change again but hopefully for the good. When the kids are in school I tend to be able to get to the rec for more of a work out.

I am very satisfied with my results. I have see and felt the difference. It is not a huge change but it is enough to show me I am moving in the right direction. I am still going to make a few changes. I am going to add squats in this month for a little bit more.

Woohoo. You guys are awesome. Keep those numbers coming in. We have a few outstanding - so don't forget to post! :)

I know i'm late but I'm reporting in! Before we left for camping I was at 100% of my 5lb weight loss goal. Thanks to a stomach bug I picked up while there I've exceed that goal by 2lbs!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!