This doesn’t sound good (EMH going away?)

Of course they don’t want to enhance guest experience at their expense. Why should they? That doesn’t make business sense. But these things do both, enhance guests’ experiences without costing them extra. They do research in the parks. I bet the vast majority of complaints are that it’s too crowded probably above all other complaints. Many ppl want ways to mitigate the crowds.

No it really doesn't for a good portion of their guests. Taking away things is not enhancing.

You enjoy DAH and are willing to pay for it. Are you still going to enjoy it and want to pay for it when more and more people are paying for it? Right now they limit the number of tickets sold right? There is a good possibility they will change that. After all they are a business and in this to make money.

But, it’s your opinion that they’re giving you less. For some, the things that are gone they never used or didn’t want. Some see they now get more by the added attractions & those coming. Not everyone quantifies their experience by hours in a park. Most ppl aren’t going open to close anyway. Disney is a luxury item. Do ppl say other luxury items should be more affordable? Do ppl think Lexus should make their cars more affordable b/c they can’t afford them otherwise.

I don't have a problem with their prices. I have a problem with the price rising and the service decreasing. Its not really about hours in the park or being there open to close. Its about this was something you got with the price you paid to stay in their resorts. Morning and Evening EMH gave you options to enjoy the parks for the schedule you wanted to make. You could alternate late nights and early mornings, take a break one day and just go late in the evening, etc. etc. etc.

As for a Lexus, I would never say they should make their cars "affordable" (the question would have to be "affordable to who?"). But as the prices for their cars rise, are you not getting the same car? Is it less of a car? Does it not run as well or last as long? Did they replace leather with plastic? I would guess no.

A vacation is not always a luxury item and not always comparable to owning a Lexus. Vacation encompasses a huge HUGE range of experiences.

I think regardless of price, a Disney trip is not comparable to a luxury car, a luxury handbag, etc. I don’t think anybody thinks of Disney when discussing luxury vacations. Maybe a stay at one of the pricier resorts, but price=/= luxury.
A vacation of any sort is absolutely a luxury. Not all vacations are luxurious, but they are luxuries that are not afforded to all people. No matter how much a vacation costs, if you have the ability to put money and time aside you have the luxury of doing so. I think @LSUmiss is getting ganged up on at this point.

But they will probably need to pay for extra CMs due to SWGE. So they are funneled to DHS & the parties pay for the extra staff with extra revenue.

I have a feeling the additional guests that will be there and the merch and food sales will more than cover the costs of the extra CMs required.

The parties are an additional revenue stream for Disney to gain extra money for people that have no issue giving more and more money for a lesser product year after year.

A vacation is not always a luxury item and not always comparable to owning a Lexus. Vacation encompasses a huge HUGE range of experiences.

I think regardless of price, a Disney trip is not comparable to a luxury car, a luxury handbag, etc. I don’t think anybody thinks of Disney when discussing luxury vacations. Maybe a stay at one of the pricier resorts, but price=/= luxury.
You have obviously been fortunate enough to not feel vacation is a luxury item. Sure some cost most than others, but there are many ppl who never go on vacation or rarely.

You have obviously been fortunate enough to not feel vacation is a luxury item. Sure some cost most than others, but there are many ppl who never go on vacation or rarely.

There are people who cannot afford to eat out in restaurants, that does not make the Olive Garden a luxury item. There are people who cannot afford a car, that does not make a Toyota a luxury item.

It is a privilege to be able to take vacations, but that does not make Disney a luxury item comparable to Chanel bags or luxury cars.

There are people who cannot afford to eat out in restaurants, that does not make the Olive Garden a luxury item. There are people who cannot afford a car, that does not make a Toyota a luxury item.

It is a privilege to be able to take vacations, but that does not make Disney a luxury item comparable to Chanel bags or luxury cars.
Wow. Tell the 50 people I work with daily who walk, ride a bike, or take the bus to work that a Toyota isn't a luxury!

Wow. Tell the 50 people I work with daily who walk, ride a bike, or take the bus to work that a Toyota isn't a luxury!
Exactly & this circles back to my use of entitled. There are many ppl who don’t have necessities & a vacation of any kind is a luxury.

For many of my clients & kids in my school...the bike & taking the bus are also luxuries!

There are 40 MILLION ppl who live in poverty in the US. That’s just the lowest of the low. There are many many ppl who can’t afford any vacation who aren’t technically living in poverty. I went on vacation with relatives & friends as a kid. My single parent was NEVER able to afford to take us...and weren’t living in poverty just unable to afford that level of disposable income.

Last edited:

These are not definitive facts, they opinions.
Some might agree, many others might not.

Funny, well actually, not funny, but what I heard on Saturday [rumor] was that EMH was going away in lieu of people paying an additional $99.00 for 3 extra hours. I never post about rumors because they're just that...but in this case I think it may be a reality. It would continue to add a sour taste to my mouth because EMH is such a cool perk when staying on property.

Exactly & this circles back to my use of entitled. There are many ppl who don’t have necessities & a vacation of any kind is a luxury.

For many of my clients & kids in my school...the bike & taking the bus are also luxuries!

There are 40 MILLION ppl who live in poverty in the US. That’s just the lowest of the low. There are many many ppl who can’t afford any vacation who aren’t technically living in poverty. I went on vacation with relatives & friends as a kid. My single parent was NEVER able to afford to take us...and weren’t living in poverty just unable to afford that level of disposable income.

Any item is something someone can’t afford. That doesn’t mean it’s a luxury item because it’s a luxury to someone.

There is a difference between luxury/privilege and luxury item. Being unaffordable to people doesn’t automatically equate luxury item. I just don’t equate a Disney vacation to a Chanel bag. They’re not the same level of luxury.

Vacations are a want not a need. But that doesn't mean that WDW is defined as a "luxury vacation". Cars can be a want or a need. Where I live, its a need unless you don't work and don't go to school or anywhere else. If I lived in town, it would be more of a want. That doesn't mean my car is a "luxury car".

. A "luxury car" or "luxury vacation" are described as so because they are "luxurious". That doesn't mean ALL cars and ALL vacations are luxurious.

Vacations are a want not a need. But that doesn't mean that WDW is defined as a "luxury vacation". Cars can be a want or a need. Where I live, its a need unless you don't work and don't go to school or anywhere else. If I lived in town, it would be more of a want. That doesn't mean my car is a "luxury car".

. A "luxury car" or "luxury vacation" are described as so because they are "luxurious". That doesn't mean ALL cars and ALL vacations are luxurious.
JMO, Luxury is in the eyes of the beholder.
One person finds a week in a mountain yurt luxurious.
Another loves time at the Ritz Carlton.
A third enjoys club level at WDW.
Basically, all three are correct.

JMO, Luxury is in the eyes of the beholder.
One person finds a week in a mountain yurt luxurious.
Another loves time at the Ritz Carlton.
A third enjoys club level at WDW.
Basically, all three are correct.

So I can define my Honda Civic as a luxury car? Lol just kidding.

Luxury is a word used several different ways and I think the uses are all getting confused here.

So I can define my Honda Civic as a luxury car? Lol just kidding.

Luxury is a word used several different ways and I think the uses are all getting confused here.
Some would define you even having a car as a luxury. That’s the point.

I just like the parks at night.

Some of our best moments were years ago , sitting on a bench (that probably isn't there anymore) watching the lights of winter(which for sure aren't there anymore) and then slowly walking by the dancing fountain (which doesn't have the same effect during the day).

Last edited:
Some would define you even having a car as a luxury. That’s the point.

And my point is that you and others are defining anything not a "need" as a luxury. And that is one way to use the word.

That doesn't make a Honda a "luxury car" or my purse from Target a "luxury bag" or my Nikes "luxury shoes". The word is used in that way to describe an item that is very high end and high cost.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter