This ever happen at OKW-Miller's Road to anyone?

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
When we were at OKW recently on Turtle Pond Road, I waited for 25 minutes for the bus to AK one morning. Then, when it came, we filled it to capacity so the driver went straight to AK from there so I wonder how long the Miller's Road people had to wait. Has anyone who's stayed on Miller's Road ever experienced unusually long waits. I know that when we stayed on Miller's Road last Thanksgiving, we never had long waits for the bus. The waits were very short, if we waited at all! However, this made me wonder what the usual is.

I know that when my children and I stayed there last July we had very short
waits on the buses as well.

jonesm34650

I don't ever remember too many long waits at Miller's except for NYE this year. They must have missed Miller's with the bus to Epcot late in the afternoon.

Simba's Mom said:
When we were at OKW recently on Turtle Pond Road, I waited for 25 minutes for the bus to AK one morning. Then, when it came, we filled it to capacity so the driver went straight to AK from there so I wonder how long the Miller's Road people had to wait. Has anyone who's stayed on Miller's Road ever experienced unusually long waits. I know that when we stayed on Miller's Road last Thanksgiving, we never had long waits for the bus. The waits were very short, if we waited at all! However, this made me wonder what the usual is.

The beginning of April our bus skipped Miller's Road once because the bus was too full. I don't remember where we were going. I was thankful that I was staying at South and got a seat.

Simba's Mom said:
When we stayed at OKW on Miller's Road for a couple of weeks last year, we had several instances of long waits for busses (long wait = > 40 minutes). There were a few times where multiple busses for other destinations would come by before the park we wanted showed up. This was during the summer and the resort and parks were pretty crowded, so I suppose that they might have "skipped" us because the bus filled up from previous OKW stops, but we'd have no proof of that.

So it might have been why we found the OKW bus service to be a bit spotty during our stay. Hard to believe Disney wouldn't correct this if it happened more than once in a blue moon, though.

I was at OKW on Miller's Road last week. Of 9 bus trips to/from the parks, the only time the wait was longer than 5 minutes was once at EPCOT after Illuminations. That wait was still only 15 minutes.

I did notice one day though that they changed the sequence of the stops. Usually, it's Peninsular, South Point, Turtle Pond, Millers Rd, HH.
One day only, the sequence was Millers Rd, Peninsular, SP, TP, HH. I asked the bus driver why the change, and she didn't know. The next day it was back to the normal sequence.

Even when a bus fills before its final stop, there should not be much of a wait. Disney has spare busses floating around waiting to be dispatched when needed. This allows system some flexibility to conform to the ebb and flow of transportation needs.

You see evidence of this system in use at the MK. There is an open space prior to reaching the parking lot on the right heading towards the MK. Busses just waiting for the call of when to proceed to MK and what hotel they will be servicing. I also saw several busses parked at PO one morning for the same reason.

That being said, it is a human controlled system. So from time to time there can be a prolonged wait for a bus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!