This Is A Poncho-Free Zone!--May 22-29, 2010 PTR (New PTR!!!! 5/31)

ladybugmom

DIS Veteran
Table of Contents:

Chapter 1: Introductions
Chapter 2: ADRs
Chapter 3: Thanksgiving Fun
Chapter 4: Christmas Fun
Chapter 5: Our Thanksgiving!
Chapter 6: HGTV Disney Christmas Special & Announcement!
Chapter 7: Princess & the Frog Invite
Chapter 8: Santa!
Chapter 9: Tiana Clippie
Chapter 10: Strep Throat & New Deal
Chapter 11: MEGA Update!
Chapter 12: 1st D23 Purchase!
Chapter 13: Happy New Year!
Chapter 14: Christmas Cards, Disney Postcards, Jim Shore, BAMA, another tooth!
Chapter 15: Snowman Project & India Barbies
Chapter 16: Flight Booked
Chapter 17: The New Fantasyland
Chapter 18: 4 Months & Counting!
Chapter 19: Stroller Info!
Chapter 20: Resort for December!
Chapter 21: Last Weekend & Clothes for our Trips!
Chapter 22: WL Sleigh Rides
Chapter 23: WL Room Request
Chapter 24: WL Pics
Chapter 25: Snow Day!
Chapter 26: Katie's MVMCP Schedule
Chapter 27: The Perfect Princess Party
Chapter 28: The Perfect Princess Party: Part 2
Chapter 29: Snow Day #2
Chapter 30: Valentine's, links, etc.
Chapter 31: FB Status
Chapter 32: 100 Day Dance!
Chapter 33: Double Digits!
Chapter 34: WL Room Request Part 2
Chapter 35: Valentine's Day & Countdown Chain
Chapter 36: Valentine's Day & Countdown Chain: Part 2
Chapter 37: Links for Countdown Chain & Cute Video
Chapter 38: Today's Fun Fact
Chapter 39: Putting House on the Market
Chapter 40: Beauty & the Beast and Tea With Mrs. Potts
Chapter 41: Dr. Seuss Day & Drawings
Chapter 42: House/Realtor Update
Chapter 43: House Hunting
Chapter 44: New House & Easter
Chapter 45: 3 Weeks 'Til Disney!
Chapter 46: Tornadoes & Flooding
Chapter 47: Shopping!!
Chapter 48: More Shopping & Painting!!
Chapter 49: May Refurbs & Talking Mickey
Chapter 50: Master bedroom, Crocs, & Fairy Godmother Katie!!
Chapter 51: Muffins With Mom
Chapter 52: Garden Grocer & Orlando Stroller Rentals
Chapter 53: Dance Pics & Mother's Day
Chapter 54: Mickey Mail!!!!
Chapter 55: Online Check-In, Another Trip Booked, & House Update!
Chapter 56: More Shopping!
Chapter 57: MVMCP Dates!
Chapter 58: Online Check-In Link
Chapter 59: ADRs, Field Day, Tiana Customs, Star Wars in Concert Tickets!
Chapter 60: Final Outfit, Choir Program, etc.
Chapter 61: Star Wars, Kindergarten Recognition, & Packing!!
Chapter 62: Star Wars, Kindergarten Recognition, & Packing: Part 2!!
Chapter 63: Cinderella's Carriage Pearl Cage & Certificate
Chapter 64: Goodbye!
Chapter 65: We're Back!
Chapter 66: ADRs for Nov/Dec?!?!
Chapter 67: ADRs Tomorrow
Chapter 68: Binder Cover & Pages
Chapter 69: New PTR!!!

Hi!! This is my 2nd PTR and I'm excited to get it going!! (the link to my 1st PTR is in my siggy if you want to check it out) I hope you will subscribe!!

We are headed back to WDW May 22-29, 2010 and will be staying at the Polynesian again! This will be the 2nd trip for my 2 dd's and they could not be more excited to be going back!! This will be my fourth trip--my first trip was when I was 3 years old and my 2nd trip was the Spring of 1994. I was a freshman in high school and we had a choir competion at WDW. This past May was my third trip (the girl's 1st) and the trip that began our Disney addiction!!

So why the PTR title?! Well we went to WDW to celebrate our 10th anniversary May 16-23, 2009--it turned out to be a week with record rainfall (i.e. the day we went to AK it rained 11 inches in one day)!! It rained everyday of our trip ALL day long!!! It was a VERY wet trip--we lived in our ponchos! So this year we are PRAYING for great weather. I actually got the phrase from my friend Leanne (leamom2princesses) from her PTR. Leanne and her precious family were at WDW the same week as us in May and will be there the same week again this next May!! So thanks Leanne for the inspiration for my title!! :goodvibes If you would like to read about our rainy trip, here is the link to my TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2195092.

Time for introductions!!!

Who:
Me (Becky)--30 year old Disney addict!! My family and I live in Memphis, TN (well--a suburb really). I am a former Kindergarten teacher and am now a SAHM! I enjoy DISing/blogging, bow making, theater, singing, volleyball, shopping, Alabama football (roll tide!!), Facebook (sooo addicted!), photography, and being the room mom for Ally's Kindergarten class. I am very active at my church where I sing solos/duets (with my dh), sing in our Worship Choir, and help teach the Kindergarten choir. I am a perfectionist/OCD and take planning this trip very seriously!! (And it's oh so much fun!! ) Dh is constantly asking me, "So what's happening on the DIS?!" (I'm on here a lot--it's sooo addicting--I know you can relate!) May cannot get here fast enough--so in the meantime I get my Disney fix here on the DIS reading PTRs and TRs.

Here's a pic of me and my girls at Chef Mickey's:
092.jpg

DH (Brent)--36 and just as addicted to Disney as I am!! Brent is an engineer/manager of international relations for his company, Star Wars buff, and HUGE fan of the Crimson Tide (he and everyone in his family went to U of A). He coteaches our Sunday School Class, is a deacon at our church, and sings in the Worship Choir. Brent is the smartest person I know but is also down-to-earth and much more laid back than I. We met in 1996 (when he moved to TN from AL) and were married in 1999.

Brent and Ally in the Poly lobby:
363.jpg

DD (Ally)--age 5--a mini-me!! She looks like me and acts like me (scary!!). She is in Kindergarten and is the highest reader in her class (reading on a 3rd grade level)!! She loves princesses, taking dance (this is her 4th year), American Girl dolls, drawing, reading, anything Disney, singing in her Kindergarten choir at church, and taking piano (this is her 1st year). She is quite the performer--last Christmas she asked her choir director if she would be getting her own microphone for their choir performance!! Hee hee! She thrives on a schedule and when anything deviates from it--watch out! (she may be more OCD than me! YIKES!! What have I created?!?!) Her favorite princess is Ariel and she her favorite fairy is Tinkerbell!

1st day at MK:
Image0119.jpg

after the BBB:
Image0181.jpg

with Minnie & Mickey:
Image0830.jpg

with her favorite princess, Ariel:
Image0951.jpg

Ally--age 2--Halloween
Ally025.jpg

Ally--age 4--Halloween
059.jpg

Ally--age 5--this past Halloween
067.jpg

DD (Claire)--age 2--and my baby!! She is a ball of energy and is my climber--she has no fear! She is also pretty coordinated. She started taking dance this year (tap and ballet) and just LOVES it!! She has finally gotten used to me taking lots of pictures and will actually smile for pics now!! She is also a lot louder than Ally was at this age but is much more cuddly than Ally was. She is precious!! She likes to sing along with us--I think she is going to be a soprano like me! She knows how to make anyone smile--especially if she's getting in trouble--such a stinker!! Her favorite Disney character is Minnie Mouse but ALL of the princesses are a close 2nd! She loves dressing up in her many princess costumes and she really has a thing for shoes! She asks to put on her shoes as soon as she wakes up in the morning!!

Claire as Minnie Mouse this past Halloween:
002.jpg

Claire with Tigger:
277.jpg

Claire with Show White at Akershus:
060.jpg

063.jpg

Claire and me at Epcot:
113.jpg

waiting for the train:
217.jpg

Claire at her 2 year birthday party:
049.jpg

This time my parents and my brother will be joining us!! My parents haven't been to WDW since they took me in 1983 and my brother has NEVER been!!! We will be celebrating my parent's 39th wedding anniversary on our trip(May 29th). We can't wait to show them everything!!! This will also be our very first time NOT to be on vacation by ourselves. We've never gone on vacation with family before (since we've been married). I think it will be nice to have help with the girls this time around!!

my mom (Nana)--will be 60 in January--just retired from teaching. She taught college Reading and Study Skills classes. She taught part-time when I was little and also worked as a substitute teacher when I was in elementary school and high school. She lives about an hour away in Jackson, TN. She is very involved in her church and sings in the choir. She is also very involved in our lives--she came and stayed with us while Brent was in Indonesia and India these past 2 weeks.

my Dad (Pop Pop)--will turn 62 on Dec. 1st--college professor and Associate Dean of Christian Studies at Union University (a small christian college in Jackson, TN--my alma mater). My dad enjoys reading, writing for christian publications, jogging, spending time with his family, teaching a Sunday School class at his church, and serving as head of the deacons at his church. I'm such a Daddy's girl and think the world of my Dad!! We're a lot alike--perfectionists, first borns, etc.

Here is a recent pic of my Mom & Dad:
004.jpg

and with the girls at the Pumpkin Patch:
153.jpg

my brother (David)--age 27--is single, lives in Washington, D.C., and works in public relations. David is 3 years younger than me and we are really close. He is such a great guy! He's super-outgoing and enjoys jogging, traveling, is involved in his church, and is a GREAT singer! We used to sing together when we were younger! He worked as a White House intern while he was in college and is really into politics. I miss him a lot now that he lives so far away!

me and David at Christmas last year:
Christmas2008296.jpg

David & Ally last Christmas:
Christmas2008155.jpg

When: May 22-29, 2010

Where: The Polynesian!! We stayed here last May and fell in LOVE with the Poly!! We love being so close to the monorail--it's sooo convenient!!

How: We will be taking a direct flight (the earliest we can get)!! We want to get there as soon as we can!!

And to leave you with some of my favorite pics from our last trip!!

Image0098.jpg

Image0204.jpg

Image0558.jpg

Coming up!! ADRs!!!

This morning was the day to make our ADRs!! Thankfully I didn't have to get up at the crack of dawn to make these! Our fabulous TA did everything for us and got all of the ressies/times we wanted!! Check it out!!

5/23: Hollywood Studios
Mama Melrose's
Fantasmic Dinner Pkg.
5:00pm

5/24: Magic Kingdom
BBB (for Ally)
Castle Location, Magic Kingdom
8:00am

5/24: 1900 Park Fare
6:15pm

5/25: Animal Kingdom
O'hana
6:30pm

5/26: Epcot
Princess Storybook Breakfast
8:30am

5/27: Magic Kingdom
Crystal Palace
6:20pm

5/28: Epcot
Le Cellier Steakhouse
6:20pm

5/29: Magic Kingdom
O'hana
7:30am

180 days until our trip!!!! Whoo hoo!! To celebrate, here are some more favorite pics from our last trip!!

Image0723.jpg

Image0854.jpg

Image0988.jpg

Subbing!

How fun that the whole family is getting to go this time. Your brother is a cutie, hard to believe he is single. ;)

Congrats on the ADR's, lucky that your TA was able to make them all for you.

Subscribing...I just joined the DIS boards a few minutes ago...been lurking on the TR threads for a few weeks (I love reading about Disney fans' vacations!) and just had to join in on the fun :) Can't wait to hear more about your upcoming trip!

~Jessica

I'll be counting down the days with you til May! We are there only a couple of weeks before you. I am also hoping for a poncho free zone!

Yay you started!!!! Subbing! :cool1: OOOOOHHH and I'm first!!

YAY!! First one, Leanne!!! Whoo hoo!! :cool1:

I'm in Becky!! Let's get this party started!

Your ADR's look fantastic...way to go TA!! :cool1:

Yay Missy!! Thank you!! Yes, my TA is the BEST!! :thumbsup2

Subbing!

How fun that the whole family is getting to go this time. Your brother is a cutie, hard to believe he is single. ;)

Congrats on the ADR's, lucky that your TA was able to make them all for you.

YAY Lessa!! Glad you're here!! I'm so excited about our entire family going!! Yes, my brother is a cutie--I thought he'd be married before me--he was always WAY more outgoing than me--I was the introvert!!

Great pics Becky! Love your intro. We are doing BBB at the same time! Yay!!! :banana:

Thanks Leanne!! Oh yay!! So glad you were able to get an 8:00 BBB appt., too!! It will be fun having our girls there together!! :goodvibes

Subscribing...I just joined the DIS boards a few minutes ago...been lurking on the TR threads for a few weeks (I love reading about Disney fans' vacations!) and just had to join in on the fun :) Can't wait to hear more about your upcoming trip!

~Jessica

Hi Jessica!!! Welcome to the DIS and to my PTR!!! :flower3: Thanks for joining in!!

I'll be counting down the days with you til May! We are there only a couple of weeks before you. I am also hoping for a poncho free zone!

YAY!! It will be here before we know it!! :woohoo:

Yay! A new Pre-Trip Report! Gotta love it when planning is part of the fun!!! Can't wait to follow along and see what adorable things you have for the girls this year, they were precious in all your pics last year :cutie:

Hi Jessica!!! Welcome to the DIS and to my PTR!!! :flower3: Thanks for joining in!!

Thanks!! Everyone just seems so friendly :) so I'm so happy to have finally joined. Your family is beautiful and your girls are absolutely adorable little princesses!! princess: princess:. I'm pretty sure I remember the rainy weather of the week you were here last year...it just kept raining all day, every day. Even my co-workers, who've lived here far longer than I have, kept remarking at how unusual it was. In any event, it's great you and your family still made the best of it and had a blast at Disney :) I hope that you have much better weather this time!

~Jessica :goodvibes

Your girls are ADORABLE and I love those matching Minnie dresses. :) I'm subscribing and I'm excited to read the rest of your report!

Becky...

I'm in popcorn::

What a great way to start your new PTR....wonderful ADR's done :thumbsup2 I love all the intro pictures and a quick look back at the last trip...here's hoping for NO rain for you guys too!

looking forward to more fun details...

Great Start!:thumbsup2
Wonderful introductions!!!
your ADR's look great!!
and 180 days to go!!:cheer2::cheer2:
:wave2:

Thanks Connie!! Sooo glad you're here!! :goodvibes

Yay! A new Pre-Trip Report! Gotta love it when planning is part of the fun!!! Can't wait to follow along and see what adorable things you have for the girls this year, they were precious in all your pics last year :cutie:

Hi Angela!!!! Glad you're here!! And thanks again for making all of the ADRs for me this morning!! You are the BEST!! :goodvibes

Yeah, I am here! :cool1:

Can't wait to read all about it!!

Hi Katie!!! Glad you made it over!!! YAY!

Thanks!! Everyone just seems so friendly :) so I'm so happy to have finally joined. Your family is beautiful and your girls are absolutely adorable little princesses!! princess: princess:. I'm pretty sure I remember the rainy weather of the week you were here last year...it just kept raining all day, every day. Even my co-workers, who've lived here far longer than I have, kept remarking at how unusual it was. In any event, it's great you and your family still made the best of it and had a blast at Disney :) I hope that you have much better weather this time!

~Jessica :goodvibes

DISers are very friendly!! I had the privilege of meeting 5 DISers on my last trip and I felt like I had known them my entire life!! Welcome again!!! :goodvibes

Hey Becky!
I'm here!!!!:banana: Can't wait to hear all about your plans!!!:goodvibes

YAY Kristen!! Glad you're here!! How was NYC?! I was thinking about you all weekend!! :goodvibes

Your girls are ADORABLE and I love those matching Minnie dresses. :) I'm subscribing and I'm excited to read the rest of your report!

Hi and welcome to my PTR!! Thank you so much!! Glad you're joining in!! :goodvibes

Becky...

I'm in popcorn::

What a great way to start your new PTR....wonderful ADR's done :thumbsup2 I love all the intro pictures and a quick look back at the last trip...here's hoping for NO rain for you guys too!

looking forward to more fun details...

Hi Julie!!! Glad you're here!! YAY! :banana:

Hi! We'll be there at the same time-same MK day too (24th)! Your daughters are so adorable-Ally sounds a lot like me when I was that age. Can't wait to read more :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter