this is my 7/4 buffett menu...any thoughts?

bigmickeymike

Earning My Ears
I'm having about 30 for a 4th of july buffet (held on the evening of the 3rd) any suggestions...thoughts...opinions....

Starters
Deviled Eggs with Tarragon & capers
Crudities & chips w/taco ranch dip
Canapes

Main Course
Spicy Oven Fried Chicken
teriyaki beef on skewers
Peal & eat Shrimp

Salads
Patato, Green Bean & cherry tomatoes
Pasta w/fresh mozzarella & sun-drieded tomatos
Cabbage, Celery root Cole slaw w/cider/dijion dressing

Desserts
Fresh Strawberry shortcake
Pineapple, Maggo & papaya squares

any/all thoughts appreciated!

taco dip with big tortilla chips.........and also deviled eggs......macaroni and tossed salad....chips and dips.....then the traditional chicken....hamburgers and hot dogs......we use an old crank ice cream maker and we make home made icecream ........delicious.....use that chocolate sauce i posted earlier this week......also alot of cut up fruit.......I love these family type meals......my kind of fun.......thanks for yours.......LOVE peel and eat shrimp......here I come.....the heck with the family stuff.......ROFL.....your menu sounds really great

Sounds great Mike! Just out of curiosity, what's the canapes of choice? I'd love to know what your doing to go with the spiceys!

Do you think the tarragon will clash with the flavors of the others?

Love the whole set up though...your guests are very lucky people! :)

Have a great time!

but hey wait i keep running to the mail box eveyday.....and no invitation....boo hoo!! just kidding...I am looking forward to a day of relaxing as we had our shindig "the luau" this past weekend...

bon appetite

cindy

Well, everything pulled off fanastic!...Everyone said they loved everything (Thank God! )....I even had a surprise guest....Max Lane (recently of the New England Patriots)...He ate alot...(you would too if you were 6'6"/310#) but said everything was great!....one happy back-of-the-house camper here!!! I hope to post some Pix of garnishes soon...:)

PS/ Robin....for canapes....I used toast points cut in 4 pattens, and a combo of "toppings" with the following:
horseradish/mayo cream sauce
peach preserves
Herb/garlic cheese
cream cheese
kiwi
ham
turkey
olives
cuke
shallot
brie
smoked gouda
...there weren't any left! (always a good sign):)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter