This is not going well...

I'm sorry the trip wasn't what you were hoping for. But you did it and one day you will smile fondly at the memory and have a little chuckle at how the whole trip turned out. Because laughter is sometimes the only way to stop yourself from crying or swearing at the frustration of it all. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks everyone. Yeah, this thread was really my way of getting out all the frustrations of the day. Glad people found the humor in it. fortunately the trip home went find. Everyone was separated enough on the plane that they couldn't cause any harm to anyone. And outside of my aunt trying to buy everyone an ice cream at Cold
stone with 7 bucks (that is not enough to cover one serving with tax!) nothing too amusing happened, so I don't have any more to write about. I did end up sitting across the aisle from a coworker who I didn't know was headed down there this weekend also, so I didn't even break my streak of running into someone I know every trip to Orlando I take!

May all your journeys at least be amusing.

No good deed goes unpunished... so glad you're safely home again. You get amazing karma points for your generousity and attitude!

I'm dying. This is one of the best things I've read in a long time. Thanks for laughs! My dad is 72 and lives with us, so I can TOTALLY feel your pain.

Cloudboy, what a wonderful and patient guy you are! You should get some sort of medal for your valiant effort and patience! :worship:I have 3 older sisters and I cannot imagine all of us going together. I hope you had “some” enjoyable moments. I am lying in bed reading this, trying not to wake up DH with my laughter!

This was funny (and sad) ...I know your pain on trying to get everyone together! But, like you said, at least you did try to give them a trip for memories with the family.

I agree with the other poster that in time you will laugh about the trip. In my own family experience, my older family members complain and bicker and also refuse to turn up hearing aids. Even though they seem miserable sometimes they will actually say they had fun. You did a wonderful job taking care of them all and I wouldn't be surprised if they describe the trip to others as an enjoyable experience.

I hear you about the older generation. I'm so glad I read this because it gave me several laughs today!! I love your Aunt trying to buy Cold Stone for everyone with $7!! :rotfl2:
As a PP said, no good deed goes unpunished...ain't it the truth?! ::yes:: But seriously, know that you did a good thing and I hope everyone recalls the trip fondly!! :goodvibes

I think your trip is the ultimate "no good deed goes unpunished!" Thank God it was a short trip and you didn't have to endure that for more days.

I loved my parents and in laws very much, but toward the end of their lives, they were not the most fun people to be around. It's almost as though elderly folks get crabby so you don't miss them when they're gone!

At any rate, I enjoyed your report. Now it sounds like you need a vacation from the vacation!

omg I feel your pain...we took Mum a few years back and she was in a scooter for the first time..she went in to see Mickey, mixed up the forward button with the brake button and about maimed Mickey!! Im sure there are still kids in therapy over it today..lol She then got her scooter caught on a seating bench in HOllywood studios and instead of stopping proceeded to drag the bench along with her....bare in mind these are metal and the noise was incredulous!! she heard nothing as she was half deaf...lol ... we can laugh now but at the time my hubby was ready to commit matricide...ahahahaha

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter