This is sad

Was passing a high school and saw this on the sign

Congratulation John Smith for winning the regional speach contest.

This is a highly rated school.

Wondering how many calls the school received about that?

Could be just a typo. Around here almost all schools have electronic signs. Someone made a mistake, it happens. I think it’s a little embarrassing, but doesn’t take away from the student’s accomplishment.

*Edited because I had a typo in my post. :rotfl:

Last edited:

Student Council was responsible for changing the sign in front of the school where I worked-and that included kids from life skills to honors. Hopefully the correction has been made by the time you drive by again. I know someone from my building would have been flying down the front yard to fix it as soon as it was discovered.
This reminds me-one time some kids snuck in one night and made the board say “coed nude lacrosse practice begins today “:lmao:We had to pretend to be appalled, but it was pretty funny.

Gotta be honest, it took me a minute to remember speech is spelled with two e's. I was 40 before I learned dilemma didn't have an "n" in it. And I'm an English major!

In fact, I was ranting at my wife a few days ago (another English major and teacher) about how it's dumb that "her" is both the third person female objective and possessive pronoun (except when it's "hers").

Last edited:
Gotta be honest, it took me a minute to remember speech is spelled with two e's. I was 40 before I learned dilemma didn't have an "n" in it. And I'm an English major!

In fact, I was ranting at my wife a few days ago (another English major and teacher) about how it's dumb that "her" is both the third person female objective and possessive pronoun (expect when it's "hers").
Doh! I thought the problem was no "s" on Congratulation. I read right through "speach" v/s "speech".

Last edited:
That's awful. Please drive by later and let us know they corrected it!

In fact, I was ranting at my wife a few days ago (another English major and teacher) about how it's dumb that "her" is both the third person female objective and possessive pronoun (expect when it's "hers").

:rolleyes1

I'm in my 40's and still spell 'their' wrong when I type. I just figure it out before I hit "send" so I can't say anything about the person who created that message except- proofreading is fundamental :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter