"This is the BEST DAY EVER"A Dec'12 TR-A Princess's 5thBday and 3000 pics! UDx2 5/20

Fastpass Return Time!!!

ry%3D400

After the parade, it was time for TOY STORY MIDWAY MANIA!!! I was SO excited! I had, of course, read all the hype here on the Disboards, so it was finally my turn to experience the ride!!!

First we had to take fun 3D glasses pictures!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Even DS cooperated for a minute! lol

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

DS was actually having a lot of fun! LOL

ry%3D400

After the ride, we wanted to go see The Beauty and The Beast Show. My parents didn't care to see that, so we split up for awhile.

They explored the Streets of America

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Singin in the Rain!!

ry%3D400

Lights, Motors, Action!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Here we are at Beauty & the Beast!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

UP NEXT: The Great Movie Ride/Muppets 3D

Even More DHS!

After the show, we were meeting my parents at The Great Movie Ride. All of a sudden, I was SO THIRSTY!!! I think the sun was finally getting to me! We stopped at a shop on the corner....it must have been Starring Rolls??? But if it was, I don't know why I didn't get a cupcake! LOL Maybe it wasn't...anyway, I asked for an ice water. They said they didn't have clean drinking water. Ummm okay...so I ordered some kind of Goofy shaved ice drink in lemonade flavor. That was the most delicious, satisfying drink ever!! LOL

While walking, we ran into some people dancing...This show is also Resting In Peace, I believe!

ry%3D400

And we arrived at our destination!

ry%3D400

While sitting there, I saw some street performers go by. It was these guys:

http://youtu.be/-BYvBJMVGlc

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

I hadn't read much about this ride, so I was really surprised that there was live action!

ry%3D400

I <3 Mary Poppins!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Munchkin Land!! I <3 Wizard of Oz, too!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

We had the "gangster" side. I didn't even know there was another storyline until I came home and was reading others' trip reports here on The Dis!

After that, we wanted to see Muppets 3D! I know my dad enjoys the Muppets, so it was a must do!!

ry%3D400

This would have been a pretty picture to do in HDR (for you photogs out there!)

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

UP NEXT: A million pics of Osborne Family Spectacle of Lights! And our DHS day is almost over :(

I just found your TR today, and absolutely loved getting to read through it :goodvibes

I'm generally more of a lurker nowadays on the Dis than an actual commenter, but I had to comment on yours and tell you how much I Loved reading it.

Your kids are adorable, and it looks like you guys had an amazing first vacation (hopefully it will be the first of many for you!)

I agree that the layout of DHS is a little more confusing than the other parks, and even after going there many times I still often have to think twice about where i'm turning lol.

It looks like you guys picked some really restaurants for your trip...we love Kona Café and the rainforest café, I've never been to the one you ate at at the boardwalk, or 50's primetime café but they all looked really good.

Can't wait to hear more:goodvibes

I just found your TR today, and absolutely loved getting to read through it :goodvibes

I'm generally more of a lurker nowadays on the Dis than an actual commenter, but I had to comment on yours and tell you how much I Loved reading it.

Your kids are adorable, and it looks like you guys had an amazing first vacation (hopefully it will be the first of many for you!)

I agree that the layout of DHS is a little more confusing than the other parks, and even after going there many times I still often have to think twice about where i'm turning lol.

It looks like you guys picked some really restaurants for your trip...we love Kona Café and the rainforest café, I've never been to the one you ate at at the boardwalk, or 50's primetime café but they all looked really good.

Can't wait to hear more:goodvibes

Thanks for stepping out of lurkdom to comment! :) LOL

I'm glad I'm not the only one who was confused about the DHS layout!

Yes, Kona and Rainforest were great!!! Next time I hope to eat at Ohana!!

Osborne Family Spectacle of Lights

We split up from my parents again because we saw the Phineas and Ferb meet and greet! DD had just recently started watching this show and I think she has a little crush on them! LOL

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Carter was being loud, so Phineas and Ferb decided to see what all the fuss was about!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

After we met and greeted, we took a potty break and got something to drink. We had been in "go mode" for so long that we just needed to sit down. We sat to watch the Osborne Spectacle of Lights for awhile. We figured this would be the best time to tell Olivia all about her birthday festivities that would be happening the next day!

We told her about Bibbity Bobbity Boutique and Cinderella's Royal Table. She started running around in circles screaming "THIS IS THE BEST DAY EVER!!!!!" My little Rapunzel! lol It was such a perfect, happy moment!!!

Now for some Christmas lights pictures!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

You can see from this pic how crowded it was!!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Hidden Mickey!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Sadly, we did not make it in time for Fantasmic! :( We just didn't have enough time to make it to the other side of the park. Oh well, it is a "must do" on our list for next time!!

My parents ended up leaving the park before we did, so they went in search of a bite to eat! They ended up at Senor Frogs in downtown Orlando. They said it was good!! We tried to meet them once we left because there were other kids at the restaurant having a good time dancing around, but by the time we found our car and got out of the lot, they were almost done eating. We ended up just grabbing some fast food for dinner. If I remember correctly, DH and I got Rally's and the kids got McDonalds. We drove up and down I-Drive through Orlando, noting all there is to do for our next trip. We would like to have a couple non-park days to explore outside of The World a little bit.

Here are some pics from my parent's visit to Senor Frog!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

UP NEXT: Thursday night at the hotel!

Thursday Night at the Hotel

Once we met back up at the hotel, the kids had more presents to open! These were Christmas and birthday presents from my parents and other family members. Plus, Olivia opened her gifts from us for her birthday!

Mickey wreath I made for both of our doors!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

This picture makes me LOL!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Grandpa putting together his motorcycle!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Made an invitation to BBB!

ry%3D400

and a shirt!

(front)
ry%3D400

(back)
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

UP NEXT: The Princess's Birthday!

:lovestruc::cloud9:HAPPY BIRTHDAY, PRINCESS!!!:cloud9::lovestruc

This day was the day I was most excited about! Olivia's 5th birthday!!!! We woke up SUPER early to make an 8:50 appointment at BBB in Cinderella Castle.

I was sort of worried about DD's hair and how curly it was. So, Thursday night I washed it and brushed it out. Friday morning, I didn't put any product in it and straightened it a little with my straitening iron and a hair dryer. It was very humid and overcast this morning. The humidity got to it FAST! LOL

ry%3D400

More Christmas decorations had been put up since the first of the week!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

One tragedy occurred. We forgot Carter's pacifiers in the hotel room! All of them! Luckily, I remembered MK has a baby center. DH ran off to buy a couple! Yay! Crisis averted! lol

Probably the only time you will see all these empty seats is before the park opens! lol

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Good morning, Cinderella!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

We checked in and had to wait a long time to get the makeover started. It was VERY crowded!! So, we just took pictures to pass the time! lol

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Finally we were called back. We went into a little dressing room to put her in her princess dress. Then, we got seated with our Fairy Godmother in Training!

ry%3D400

She got to pick out a hairstyle. I only cared for one of the styles, so I strongly suggested she get that one. lol And she did!

ry%3D400

She seemed very nervous!

ry%3D400

UP NEXT: More of the Makeover

More of the Princess Makeover

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

The guys were thrilled lol

ry%3D400

How'd she get all that hair so slick?! LOL Those must be miracle products!!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

LOTS of hairspray!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

She got her makeup done.

ry%3D400

Getting her nails painted. I'm surprised she chose blue instead of pink!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

LOTS of glitter!

ry%3D400

Marisol asked my dad if he wanted any glitter. I've never seen him move so fast!! LMAO He said "No!!" hahahahaha

ry%3D400

Here she is!!!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

My favorite part of the whole thing was the Mickey clip in the back!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Next, we went outside and to Castle Couture for some pictures.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

UP NEXT: Castle Couture Photo Shoot

What an amazing way to spend a fifth birthday:goodvibes

She looks adorable, and so happy and excited!

I cant wait to see what her reaction was to all her other birthday celebrations!

You have got to see Up! It is such a great story. You might need tissues a couple times though. It's definitely one of the best anyway.

I've always loved those little Mickey clips in the BBB pics I see. So cute. Olivia looks adorable after her princess makeover. What a sweet way to start her birthday! That must be so much fun for them. (I only have stinky boys so I'll never know!) I love that she chose blue over pink for her nails. :thumbsup2

What an amazing way to spend a fifth birthday:goodvibes

She looks adorable, and so happy and excited!

I cant wait to see what her reaction was to all her other birthday celebrations!

She was so happy all day long :) There is a video of BBB I forgot to include. I'll put that first in the next update.

You have got to see Up! It is such a great story. You might need tissues a couple times though. It's definitely one of the best anyway.

I've always loved those little Mickey clips in the BBB pics I see. So cute. Olivia looks adorable after her princess makeover. What a sweet way to start her birthday! That must be so much fun for them. (I only have stinky boys so I'll never know!) I love that she chose blue over pink for her nails. :thumbsup2

I really do want to see it. Maybe I'll try and find it for my next days off.

I'm looking forward to pirate makeovers when my DS is old enough!

Castle Couture Photo Shoot

What princess doesn't deserve her own photo shoot?

But first, I forgot to include the BBB video I took at the end of Olivia's makeover!

http://youtu.be/CUqNyi62dMg

I LOVE how you can tell she's trying not to smile! hahahahaha

Okay, on with the pictures!!!

ry%3D400

Side note: Those shoes she is wearing are Crocs. They were WONDERFUL for park walking!!! And no shoe strings we had to tie over and over again! lol

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

And some more from BBB that I apparently forgot about...

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Look at all that glitter!!!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

After a BBB makeover, you get a drawstring backpack with the rest of the child's makeup palate, both nail polish colors, and the rest of the rhinestones. We also bought DD a cute Cinderella t-shirt.

I don't know if I said this in my previous update or not, but this $60-ish was the BEST money we spent all week!! I definitely recommend it for any little princess!!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

This would be super cute in a garden!!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

More New Fantasy Land!!! I can't wait to see it completed in 2014!!!

ry%3D400

Rapunzel's Tower!!!! Too bad it's just a bathroom area :( LOL

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Even Princesses have to use the restroom! lol

showpost.php

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

After our photo shoot, we split was with my parents again. I love that we were all so flexible and if we didn't all want to do the same thing, we were okay with splitting off and meeting up again later! That's the key to travelling with anyone, I think!

UP NEXT: Castle Stage Show

Longest Wait for A Princess EVER! LOL
After her princess makeover, DD wanted to meet Belle, of course. She was dressed like her, so why not?! I had heard about the change up of princesses at Cinderella's Royal Table, so I knew she wouldn't meet her there at dinner. The only place to meet her this day was in her new attraction, Enchanted Tales With Belle. So, off to New Fantasyland we went. I stopped dead in my tracks when I saw a 70 minute wait. SEVENTY!!!!! Ugh. We had been so lucky with wait times so far. I did not want to stand in line that long. Especially with Carter, who was not patient for that long! lol But it was DD's birthday and this is what she wanted to do. DH agreed he would walk around with Carter while I waited in line with Olivia. He's such a good daddy! :) So, Olivia and I got in the longest line ever lol

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

She did befriend two very cute girls in line, so that passed some of the time.

The details are amazing in Maurice's house.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Inside Maurice's workshop.

ry%3D400

If you haven't heard anything about this attraction, the special effects are amazing!!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

And, just for you, I took some video!!

http://youtu.be/39wBFE8CjeU

Olivia got to play the part of Maurice, shivering behind bars!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

You can see Olivia trying not to smile again! LOL

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

We loved this attraction!

After, DD and DH rode the carousel.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

We stopped for lunch next at Pinocchio's Village Haus. I must have been super hungry, because there are no pictures!! We all shared a flatbread pizza and a meatball sub with some fries. It was good!

Meanwhile, what were my parents up to?

They made their way through Adventureland!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

UP NEXT: Our Frontierland Adventures!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!