This is unacceptable

I will never understand why adults get so invested in youth sports. They are youg kids and it is just a game. Even at DD's ymca soccer games when she was 4 there were parents who got kind of ugly. Like do you really think this season of youth ball is going to make or break your kid's sports career?

Too much pressure on the kids and they will burn out.

It was supposedly over foul language being continually used by a parent, and they wanted a 13 year old child to intervene. :rolleyes: It wasn't over a call.

It was supposedly over foul language being continually used by a parent, and they wanted a 13 year old child to intervene. :rolleyes: It wasn't over a call.

If that’s the case then the other adults should have asked/told him to stop.

I wonder if the parents enjoy wobbly pops or the devils lettuce during the games? That could contribute to this.

This is one reason I didn't really care if my girls were in any organized sports. I grew up playing sports and I knew that it was all about the parents. Even back in the 70's/80's. I just remember thinking, "quit meddling so we can play!". My Mom was a softball coach so I got to hear all kinds of crud. And then in high school we were friends with the volleyball coach so I got to hear even more great stuff!!!
I do have a caveat though. My senior year my Mom got involved. I had played my freshman, sophomore and senior years. The coach wasn't going to let me get a letter jacket, I was on varsity my senior year. My Mom had dealt with this coach for years and really didn't like how she did things. She went up there( I didn't know til after) and told her that YES, I was getting a letter jacket. And yes, I did get one.

I've never seen an actual brawl but I've seen some physical fights at a youth soccer game.
I've only seen verbal ones at the baseball games.
Coaches and parents get way too worked up over stuff at these games, I don't get it.

I've never seen an actual brawl but I've seen some physical fights at a youth soccer game.
I've only seen verbal ones at the baseball games.
Coaches and parents get way too worked up over stuff at these games, I don't get it.

Kids get way too much pressure put on them and they are WAY over scheduled. How many times have we seen threads where kids are on three different teams and doing extra work and travelling every weekend for tournaments. In those cases, it’s all about the parents, no matter what they say.

I don’t see what’s wrong with letting kids just have free time to relax.

Many of my colleagues loved working with the kids, but gave up coaching HS sports because they couldn’t deal with the parents.

I just feel like this is less about sports than it is about the hostility of society in general today. People are ready to snap over the slightest perceived infraction, be it at a game, on the road, in a store, at school, etc. If I had a dollar for every baseball game I’ve sat through from TBall through college, I’d be able to take a nice trip somewhere, and I’ve never seen anything that even comes close to that debacle. DS also was a teen umpire and never had any problems.

The parents were interviewed last night. They stated their son felt horrible because he said as the umpire, it's his job to keep control of the field. Parents were cussing at each other and he felt uncomfortable ejecting them so he issued a warning instead. His parents said that's when he felt he failed at his job to keep control of the field.

The 13-year-old umpire was more mature than the parents.

I hate how parents get. This is not the reason why we do not play organized sports, but it is part of it. We do dance, but thankfully so far all the parents have been pretty chill.

My kids play sports with the local community club.
How can they not know who the guy in teal shorts is? The coach must have a roster with player's names and info including parents and their contact information.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter