This Is Us- Season 3

All of my officemates think I am crazy, but my guess for the "her" storyline is that Beth is getting remarried. Lots of weddings take place in hotels. Toby was planning on attending but really doesn't want to face Kate at the wedding so he has to be coaxed down by Randall. Everybody has shut me down here at work because of my wild theories!

And, this is my big question for everybody: Why would they skip over Kate's implantation procedure? Pregnancy would mean a successful implantation and I don't know why they would have skipped over that.
Randall and Beth would get divorced and Randall would go to her next wedding??? No one looked like they were going to a wedding.

OH I hope Beth is not in early alzheimers. I would not be able to watch that, way too sad. I didn't think she was struggling to find her words or forgot what to say, I felt she was overcome with sadness. Kind of like when someone asks how you are doing after you lose a loved one and you say, "I'm okay" then break down. I am leaning towards her having a breakdown from stress, pressure, feeling of failure at losing her job, Deja, constantly holding up Randall emotionally etc.

The girl could be Jack's brothers girlfriend, but it seemed like that lady was where Jack and his group were, the showed her son running up to Jack. Jack traveled quite a distance to get to his brother.

I don't think Beth is getting remarried. they all looked terrified, depressed and shocked. Not like going to a wedding. More like seeing someone who is dying, or going to identify a body or something. Plus, Randall said something like, "we have to go see her" If it was a wedding, he would probably say something like, 'It's time to go" or "Ready? Lets go do this."

Last edited:
All of my officemates think I am crazy, but my guess for the "her" storyline is that Beth is getting remarried. Lots of weddings take place in hotels. Toby was planning on attending but really doesn't want to face Kate at the wedding so he has to be coaxed down by Randall. Everybody has shut me down here at work because of my wild theories!

This makes far greater sense and is way less crazy than early-onset Alzheimer’s in one’s thirties.

See, I interpreted the job interview scene as, she was in the middle of explaining something, and she forgot her train of thought. Along the same lines, she had started this firm, but was the one laid off. Could it be that her performance was slipping due to her having memory issues? It seems odd that a founding member would be let go. That's why I went to an early Alzheimer's type of thing--it's starting to mess with her, she knows something isn't right, but can't get her head around it just yet.

See, I interpreted the job interview scene as, she was in the middle of explaining something, and she forgot her train of thought. Along the same lines, she had started this firm, but was the one laid off. Could it be that her performance was slipping due to her having memory issues? It seems odd that a founding member would be let go. That's why I went to an early Alzheimer's type of thing--it's starting to mess with her, she knows something isn't right, but can't get her head around it just yet.

Maybe, but didn't she say something when she was talking about her previous job and started to lose it like, "Oh wow, I didn't realize it bothered me so much." That's why I thought of her getting emotional vs. memory issues.

Maybe, but didn't she say something when she was talking about her previous job and started to lose it like, "Oh wow, I didn't realize it bothered me so much." That's why I thought of her getting emotional vs. memory issues.

That’s what I thought too. That’s it’s finally starting to sink in that she was fired.

It could be. I was thinking it was probably that she pulled back to stay home with the kids for a few years, and the partner didn't.

But I'm also wondering if it's depression, and they put the storyline where they did to tie it in with Toby's?

But then, I thought she couldn't keep on her train of thought. Maybe I'm over-thinking, but I was putting her not being able to complete a thought, with her getting fired, and them all needing to visit someone and Tess not being ready (in the future). We know that there's a "she" who's in a bad way, down the line--Beth is one of the relatively few possibilities (along with Annie, Deja, Kate, and Rebecca).

This makes far greater sense and is way less crazy than early-onset Alzheimer’s in one’s thirties.

Beth wouldn’t be in her thirties. Her daughter is an adult, probably at least in her mid to late twenties, maybe even thirty herself. So it is conceivable she has early onset Alzheimer’s. That’s what I’m going with.

Beth wouldn’t be in her thirties. Her daughter is an adult, probably at least in her mid to late twenties, maybe even thirty herself. So it is conceivable she has early onset Alzheimer’s. That’s what I’m going with.

I think the pp you quoted meant Beth is in her 30s now and suffering from early onset.

Toby is the red herring in the future scene. If they are talking about visiting Beth, why would Toby be hesitant about going? We don’t have enough info yet.

I see now why Toby jokes around so much. Poor kid. I really want a happy ending for Kate and Toby. The two of them have had a quite a time, separately and together.

If only I could reach through that screen and give Beth a hug. She needs someone to allow her to be vulnerable. I wonder if her moment of emotion in the interview was because she really hasn't been given a chance to process what happened and how she feels about it. If this was the first time anyone actually seemed interested in this event in her life, then, yeah, I can see how those feelings could suddenly erupt. Randall has been so wrapped up in his world lately, and it seems like Beth and her needs keep getting pushed aside. When given an opening, though, she's pretending all is well. Is that because she feels unheard and unseen, or does she feel ashamed of what happened to her? Then again, maybe she's afraid she has to always be the strong one because of Randall's anxiety.

I continue to soften towards Miguel. This is a big deal for me because I really didn't like him in season 1. I think I was wrong to judge him so harshly in the beginning.

I want to see more of Zoe and Kevin and what they uncover. I'm still Team Sophie and held out hope that we'd see her again, but maybe Zoe will surprise me.

It's good to see that Rebecca has come out of the fog. Not that I blame her one bit for grieving, but I'm glad to see she's managing better for the kids' sakes. She's superwoman to Jack's superman.

Dh hasn't watched this episode yet, so luckily I get to watch this all again - hopefully tonight!

I am warming to Miguel too!!! In the beginning they made us think he swooped in on Rebecca the second Jack died. Now we know he was helping out due to his promise to Jack and honoring his friend. It wasn't until they were much older that they got together.

I think the pp you quoted meant Beth is in her 30s now and suffering from early onset.

Yes, that is what I meant. If she’s having memory problems now that’s the beginning of the disease. And she’s in her late thirties. That is just so far out of the realm of ridiculous.

There are people in the world who do suffer from super early onset Alzheimer’s. I read an article about a family once. But it’s extremely rare and very much a huge genetic trait in the family. Randall would have known he was marrying and having kids with someone very likely to have the disease in the prime of life. Beth would be aware as well.

Good grief I can’t even believe I devoted so much thought to something so shark jumping and implausible.

Yes, that is what I meant. If she’s having memory problems now that’s the beginning of the disease. And she’s in her late thirties. That is just so far out of the realm of ridiculous.

There are people in the world who do suffer from super early onset Alzheimer’s. I read an article about a family once. But it’s extremely rare and very much a huge genetic trait in the family. Randall would have known he was marrying and having kids with someone very likely to have the disease in the prime of life. Beth would be aware as well.

Good grief I can’t even believe I devoted so much thought to something so shark jumping and implausible.

All theories are welcome. We had some doozies when guessing how Jack died.

I'm guessing that Nicky is alive. Maybe there was some sort of love triangle between between the girl with the necklace and both brothers falling for her. Nicky chose to stay behind with her and asked jack to tell everyone he was dead.

I'm guessing that Nicky is alive. Maybe there was some sort of love triangle between between the girl with the necklace and both brothers falling for her. Nicky chose to stay behind with her and asked jack to tell everyone he was dead.

You know, that crossed my mind too. I thought it when Kevin looked at the photo with Jacks friend and said, "that guy with the Pearson shirt, I think he is my Uncle." I wondered if he was still alive in Vietnam somewhere and Jack said he died to somehow protect him.

My grandma was diagnosised with Alzheimer's around 60. But I am sure symptoms came earlier. i remember my mom saying she would not go the dr. I was in middle school when she was diagnosised. For what I remember it did not start like how Beth is acting. She would forget that she told us something and then repeat it. Surprisingly she is still alive and in her 80's now.

I still think Beth is going to have break down.

Really liked this episode. Again, the casting of the younger actors in this show is spot on. The young Toby was perfect.

I was never a fan of Sophie, so I hope it works out with Kevin and Zoe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter