This Is Us- Season 3

I thought it was a good Season Premier. I hope they don't drag out who the "she" is all season long though.

I didn't realize that Deja knew who her father was. That was a neat storyline.

My random thoughts:
  • I was surprised Deja's mom gave up her rights to her completely.
  • I wish Randall would actually think about someone else sometimes.
  • The whole football player storyline was lost on me.
  • I totally called it what Toby was going to do re: his antidepressants. I also think they jumped too early to the whole IVF storyline UNLESS they had tried other things and just haven't told us yet.
  • I also said to DS almost exactly what Beth said to Kevin about how he is with the girls (right before she said it). I love how he talks to them like they're mini adults.

I'm going to pass. The last two seasons I couldn't wait to watch each episode, but got weary of all the jumping around in time, and so many self-centered characters.
I think I will too. DH likes the show although it’s not his usual genre, so I imagine I’ll see an episode or two but I really don’t care anymore. The wedding episode last season sorta finished me on it.

Last edited:
maybe the football player is deja's grandfather? the only thing i didnt like was beth freaking out on them about being together, that was a little too tvish for me. it was funny, but a little over the top. but i like the twist of her being concerned for kevin. and randall's eagerness towards deja is a bit much for me as well. tobys storyline hits very close to home and might be tough for me. i get that dark at times too. good show!

maybe the football player is deja's grandfather? the only thing i didnt like was beth freaking out on them about being together, that was a little too tvish for me. it was funny, but a little over the top. but i like the twist of her being concerned for kevin. and randall's eagerness towards deja is a bit much for me as well. tobys storyline hits very close to home and might be tough for me. i get that dark at times too. good show!
I don't think the football player is related to anyone (he is a real person for one thing, and that would be just weird LOL), I think it was just a metaphor for the storyline.

I thought it was a good Season Premier. I hope they don't drag out who the "she" is all season long though.

I read an interview with the actor who plays Randall and he said we should know by episode 8 or 9 who the "she" is that they are going to see.

I thought the episode was really well done, as usual! I liked how they tied in the football player at the end with Jack watching the game recap and how it symbolized his date with Rebecca. Interesting twist with the other guy bringing her flowers at the end and Jack driving off though.

I hope the writers aren't planning to make the "she" Kate. Like she said at the birthday party, when will it be time for the universe to give her a break? I want to see her get that break!

I honestly have no idea who the "she" is - looking forward to seeing how they pull this all together!

Last edited:
I seen this comment on facebook and I have to agree.

"Here's the thing. That catch by Franco Harris changed the face of the Steelers franchise forever. One catch, one moment changes lives forever. That was the connection in this episode. One date to a carnival, a doctor changes her mind, Deja makes one decision about her future. Who knows what's next?"

and this comment as well

"Their story is The Big 3 also they are Steelers family. They met on the Franco Harris catch, triplets conceived after SB win, major family events happen on big football days. Also, Think about the sports caster at the end. It takes several bounces off the wrong person to get to the right one."

They both can connect the football to the story line.

BTW, Shout out to mentioning PCOS. I felt exactly like Kate at that birthday party for my entire 4 years of infertility with PCOS. Yes I was crying.

I don’t think “she” is Kate. First, it’s too obvious since they showed Toby. He’s probably a bit of a red herring. Plus, we haven’t really seen Tess and Kate having that strong of a bond, so why would adult Tess be so upset about seeing Kate? Of course, I’m not sure who “she” could be if both Tess and Toby are hesitant to visit her.

I don't think the football player is related to anyone (he is a real person for one thing, and that would be just weird LOL), I think it was just a metaphor for the storyline.
I agree. I thought they had done something similar in the past, but I could be wrong. My best guess on who the "she" is is possibly Rebecca. I know she'd be really old and maybe it's a funeral or something??? The way Randal talked to Tess, it was like it was someone Tess was very close to and I just haven't seen much of a relationship between her and Kate. With him calling Toby, maybe Toby/Kate are not doing well which is why he said I don't think I should and then Randalls reply of she would want you there - I do think Toby and Rebecca have a good relationship and I think Rebecca is really happy that he's with Kate etc.???

Who knows as it's so far down the line that anything and all relationships could change, but as of right now that's my best guess.

BTW, Shout out to mentioning PCOS. I felt exactly like Kate at that birthday party for my entire 4 years of infertility with PCOS. Yes I was crying.
It is going to tug on the hearts of many many couple who wrestled with or are wrestling with infertility. It will be hard for many!

The “she”, I bet we see more next week that makes us think someone else yet again, and not Kate!

I don’t think “she” is Kate. First, it’s too obvious since they showed Toby. He’s probably a bit of a red herring. Plus, we haven’t really seen Tess and Kate having that strong of a bond, so why would adult Tess be so upset about seeing Kate? Of course, I’m not sure who “she” could be if both Tess and Toby are hesitant to visit her.
I agree. Out of all the family members Kate seems to have the "weakest" relationship with the girls. I was thinking the hesitation on Tobys part might be because he doesn't want to seem stepping on Kate's toes etc. since it's her family if he and Kate aren't in a good place etc.

I think that ‘her’ is Kate and Toby’s daughter and she died having her. Wouldn’t that be a punch in the gut??

Off topic but gosh DARN Justin is one fine looking man.

That wouldn’t be what’s happening when they go see “her” though, this is 10-15 years in the future and Kate would be too old to have a baby at that point.

And yes, Justin really is mmm mmm yum ;). Bad Moms Christmas did a good job of showing that too!

That wouldn’t be what’s happening when they go see “her” though, this is 10-15 years in the future and Kate would be too old to have a baby at that point.

And yes, Justin really is mmm mmm yum ;). Bad Moms Christmas did a good job of showing that too!

Sorry if what I said was unclear. I think ‘her’ is Kate’s daughter. Kate wasn’t with Toby because she died giving birth to ‘her’ however many years in the past. So, they could have been going to see ‘her’ 15 years in the future.

Sorry if what I said was unclear. I think ‘her’ is Kate’s daughter. Kate wasn’t with Toby because she died giving birth to ‘her’ however many years in the past. So, they could have been going to see ‘her’ 15 years in the future.

Yeah but that means they kill off Kate on the show at some point and I just don't see that happening.

Got it!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter