This is Us- Season four

Nicky hadn't flown since 1971. As a recluse, I don't think he'd have known what his alternatives were with flying with the gifts.

The incident with the gifts was another show of his anxiety and social inadequacy.

Trying to do the right thing and it bombed on him.

Then why didn’t he just go back to ticketing and pay to check them as luggage? This scene and the scene with Kevin trying to get on the plane without his id make it appear the writers have rarely flown.
He hasn’t flown since 1971. He’s anxious. I actually think it makes perfect sense. He had found a solution by dumping the water when they broke.

My grandmother once threw away her favorite tweezers at TSA because she was embarrassed to have to go back to check them. It does happen.

As for the flying without a DL - that was discussed before and does happen. There are ways to do it. My mom got through security without her DL a few years ago.

I am so glad to see that Nicky and Cassidy have remained friends. They are good for each other.

I noticed Cassidy was alone at 4 am when Nicky called her, I guess she didn't reconcile with her husband.

So interesting to see everyone's thoughts on the episode.

I thought it was an exquisitely beautiful episode. But like I have said multiple times I am forever curious about the trajectory of people's lives. Choices we make. Choices we don't. And the impact of those decisions. Both fascinating and heartbreaking.

I am so glad to see that Nicky and Cassidy have remained friends. They are good for each other.

I noticed Cassidy was alone at 4 am when Nicky called her, I guess she didn't reconcile with her husband.

This was a given in my eyes, Nicky and Cassidy. (And lovely!)

I truly believe the montage to Memorized, sung by an adult Jack at the end of season _____ showed the storyline. Cassidy stares at him with intent during the line "I found my way to you".

----------

Unfortunately Miguel is almost blurred in the background in one scene by the sun, during that montage. I truly believe that they were trying to foretell his exit, of which I don't want to even think about a la how, why and when.

I also believe we were given a big hint with Randall's dialogue with his nephew (Kevin's son) about having no food in the house (in that prior season). A la Dad has gone out to get food and Randall jokes that it is a regular occurrence. I believe it speaks volumes about Madison. The children are not teenagers, and I know it is certainly not always the female's role to be up on everything in a partnership/marriage, so it rang a bit off to me - like a look here moment.

Last edited:

This. I think it was the first episode that DH and I didn't like. It was just so upsetting that Nicky had worked soooo hard on the gifts only to not be able to take them. :sad: I had trouble understanding why he didn't just agree to have them mailed, but we at least wanted him to try to save the figurines when the glass broke. :sad2:

It was nice to see Cassidy again, though, and the part with the babies was sweet!

That would have been cute.

I agree with others above that he'll wind up staying in California, and I did wonder if he'd try to look up Sally.

I agree that the reason he stayed was to protect his mom, but I was kind of mad that he didn't say goodbye to Sally and explain. I think she would have understood.

The preview made me mad, too. Tess is becoming a real brat as a teenager.
Agreed. I can’t stand Tess. I have a 16 yo. None of Tess’ antics would fly in our house.

Agreed. I can’t stand Tess. I have a 16 yo. None of Tess’ antics would fly in our house.
I saw the preview..... I wonder if it'll go as it appears,that they're allowing her to be such a stinkin' brat to them. I'm hoping that doesn't happen with tonights episode, and the rude attitude doesn't get excused. I loved the Uncle Nicky story (even tho it was bit dragged out) he reminds me of some of my own family members... I don't like what's happening in Randalls home anyway- Beth inviting her "difficult" mother to live with them without even consulting him was a terrible thing to do....

In the previews, Tess is upset with Beth because Beth seems to make a face when she catches them on the bed together. Tess thinks it's because she is in bed with a girl, but doesn't realize Beth would have had the same face if she caught her on the bed with a boy.

In the previews, Tess is upset with Beth because Beth seems to make a face when she catches them on the bed together. Tess thinks it's because she is in bed with a girl, but doesn't realize Beth would have had the same face if she caught her on the bed with a boy.

Exactly! It’s a “mom” reaction, not a prejudiced one.

Exactly! It’s a “mom” reaction, not a prejudiced one.
Which is what got me annoyed in the preview.... I'm thinking more transpires than what was shown...... scene Beth catches the kid....has a normal parent reaction face....next scene shown .....kid saying "I can never trust you again bc your face showed a reaction.... ??? I mean....what? 14 years of love and caring erased in a millisecond? I have to believe that something else is going to occur if the kid says a thing like that to her mother.

Which is what got me annoyed in the preview.... I'm thinking more transpires than what was shown...... scene Beth catches the kid....has a normal parent reaction face....next scene shown .....kid saying "I can never trust you again bc your face showed a reaction.... ??? I mean....what? 14 years of love and caring erased in a millisecond? I have to believe that something else is going to occur if the kid says a thing like that to her mother.

I don't know. Tess seems to have a chip on her shoulder. All Beth and Randall have to do is point out how supervised Deja and Malik are. If Deja can't have her boyfriend in her room, then Tess shouldn't be allowed to have her girlfriend in her room.

I think Tess thinks they are treating her different because of her sexual orientation, when that couldn't be further from the truth. I think Beth and Randall have been extremely supportive. Also, Tess is 13, those of us who have raised teenage girls know how trying those years can be, so could be Tess is extremely hormonal right now too and just going through the typical early teenage girl years.

I didn't realize until the next morning, when nothing showed up in my DVR. (I have it set to record "new episodes".) I was bummed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!