This is Us- Season four

I think Kevin is now my favorite of the Big 3. I love that we're getting to dig deeper into his character. 7th grade Kevin is adorable!!!! Loved his Me Day and the fact that he cut it short to save Randall.

I still can't believe how wrong I was about Miguel during season 1.

Like others here, I felt so badly for Kate during the restaurant scene. Toby was such a sweetheart trying so hard to save her from an uncomfortable situation. It's driving me crazy not knowing what happens to future Kate and Toby.

Another great episode. I hate waiting a week to see each new episode, though. I think Netflix and Prime Video have spoiled me.

That hostess should have knew Kate wasn’t fitting in that booth. I liked their storyline tonight. Great ending.

I don't know about that. I think people often don't pick up on what may be a struggle for someone else. I'm sure in real life she'd be much more aware of that type of potential problem in the future, though.

I agree, but I also think it's something that Toby could have addressed with the hostess privately before Kate arrived. Seems like something that would come up often when they eat out. She handled it well, but how embarrassing for Kate.

I think, in real life, Toby may have thought to mention it ahead of time (Unless his mind was on the meeting, which could happen, too.) But I think on the show, they wanted to be realistic about issues that pop up when you are a certain size, and never knowing if a public place will have seating that works well for you is one of those issues. So for fans hoping to see more real life day to day things like that, Toby had to be "off" that evening. :) In real life, my guess is that when they were first giving the party number to the hostess, they would have simply said something like "Four, and we need a table, please, not a booth."

Popping into this thread for the first time to share some info about one of the newest cast members (I didn't see anyone else mention this, but sorry if this is repeat information). The actor playing Kate and Toby's neighbor, Timothy Omundson, also had a major stroke in April 2017, and almost died. Other than a cameo in the Psych movie, this is the first time he's worked since then, and this character was created specifically for him. I've been loosely following his recovery, and seeing him back on TV is pretty incredible. I was especially happy to see him on one of my favorite shows :love: This definitely adds an extra layer of realism to an already emotional show!

A little more info: https://ew.com/tv/2019/10/08/pysch-star-timothy-omundson-returns-to-tv-this-is-us-preview/

welcome to the thread :)
Thank you for the info on the neighbour. I hope we see him on a semi regular basis.

I wonder if we’ll see William at all this season. I hope so.

I really loved this 3rd episode. I liked Kate & Toby's neighbor and I liked seeing that Nicky was making strides for awhile and then seeing what caused him to flip out that day with the chair throwing. I also liked seeing the overwhelming response Randall received to his "removed door" (soon to just be an "open door") policy. :)

You rarely see any old people that overweight because they end up dying.

I hate to take a thread on a tangent, but I just wanted to point out that as people hit certain ages, they often start to lose weight, and that is also why you may see less elderly people who are significantly overweight. I've known (and do still know now) some people who have been overweight for decades, and then they hit, say their 70s, they start losing weight. And that's something that happens with people who are not overweight as well. I've seen many a friend or relative become thinner and thinner as they age. For those who are smaller/thinner to begin with, this can actually be a problem if they become too far underweight, but for some, the loss can be, at least for awhile, a more positive change.

Loved everything about this episode.

Kevin is wonderful. I'm warming up to Cassidy and rooting for Nicky. I'm enjoying the three of them being in scenes together.

Beth and Randall's college backstory is nice to see.

Love that young adult Kate found a job doing something she enjoys. Music store guy seems smitten with her.

Hoping Kate and Toby manage to work together for Jack's sake.

Not looking good for Malik and Deja right now but can't say I blame Randall and Beth. I'd likely feel the same way if it was my daughter. Doubt it's the end of that relationship, though.

That voicemail at the end was so perfectly Kevin.

Popping into this thread for the first time to share some info about one of the newest cast members (I didn't see anyone else mention this, but sorry if this is repeat information). The actor playing Kate and Toby's neighbor, Timothy Omundson, also had a major stroke in April 2017, and almost died. Other than a cameo in the Psych movie, this is the first time he's worked since then, and this character was created specifically for him. I've been loosely following his recovery, and seeing him back on TV is pretty incredible. I was especially happy to see him on one of my favorite shows :love: This definitely adds an extra layer of realism to an already emotional show!

A little more info: https://ew.com/tv/2019/10/08/pysch-star-timothy-omundson-returns-to-tv-this-is-us-preview/
I just have this feeling him and Kate will end up together.

I loved tonights episode I blinked and it was 9:50p. So much emotions but they feel so honest and true. I love college Randall and Beth. Looks like we see how Kevin ends up back in PA. When Kevin get it right he hits it out the park. I loved the last scene with the RV. I fear pushing Deja away from Malik will push her towards him more. I am glad he was honest they would have found out some how. I'm worried about Kate and Toby having a child with special needs statistical either bring a couple closer or tear them apart. Alas I worry it will be latter for them.

I just have this feeling him and Kate will end up together.
Highly possible. She's already making digs at Toby for spending "all his time" at the gym. I've seen this happen before. One spouse tries to better him or herself and the other one takes it personally and can't handle it. They met at an eating disorder group, didn't they? She might not be able to forgive him for fighting to get over his food addictions.

Last season I wrote down my thoughts as I watched the episode. I found it started a lot of great discussion, so, if you’ll bear with me, I’m going to start doing it again.

• love Greg the neighbour

• untitled hot babysitter pilot LOL

• LOL yeah, let’s traumatize Jack with all the new noises lady

• Kate’s not dissing Neil Young is she?? Oh, Neil Diamond..continue

• yikes, Kate. Cut him a little slack. Maybe they end up divorced?

• oof, Beths mom is intimidating

• oh man, I feel Dejas pain lol

• I’m hoping this is a deke and Kevin doesn’t end up with her..

• that’s an interesting twist that Carol helped Rebecca in her healing

• ooohhh, the parallels. This is why I love this show!

• I’m calling it now..were going to see Sally this season.

• Hey Kev, I live in a smallish town..just saying LOL

• Carole King :crazy2:

• aww the lemon

• oh wow. They got married young. Did we know that?

Overall, a good episode.

I loved last night's episode. Being able to watch an episode with more laughter than tears is a great improvement. Dry, sardonic Kevin is wonderful and I love how he doesn't put up with Nicky's BS or Jennifer Morrison's character (sorry, can't remember her name ).

Kevin and Sophie getting married at 18 or 19 was a bit shocking and as a mother who has kids that age, I can imagine how shocked and hurt Rebecca was by hearing the news via the answering machine.

I have a very small bone to pick about last week's episode, when Kevin rode his bike to school to sign Randall's yellow slip.

No one was wearing a bike helmet in the early 90's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter