This Is Us- Season two

Kimblebee drinks a lot. LOL!

Not sure where that came from? I don’t drink because of all the medications I’m on.

I was dissing watching hockey last night so only half paying attention..it happens.

Not sure where that came from? I don’t drink because of all the medications I’m on.

I was dissing watching hockey last night so only half paying attention..it happens.

It was just a joke. I don't know if you drink or not, was just being silly. Sorry if it offended you, I meant no disrespect.

I really don't think this show is as full of plot twists as people think it will be. Yes there are some details to look at but not as big as some people make it out to be. I don't read into every little detail like I did when I watched Lost.

I do love the show. I love the dynamics.

I agree, and I think that people are looking into everything and seeing if it is a clue or a connection to something or someone. People also seem to expect every episode to be a a "WOW" episode with a huge reveal. I think it is setting people up for disappointment. I also love the show, but have adjusted my expectations. I think they came out of gate hot and had a few huge episodes.

Great episode. I like the show best when it focuses on the core family and the dynamics of how they got to the point where they are today. I came close to tears with Kate talking about their Dad with Stallone and then the scenes with Kevin. And Kevin’s struggle to act while memories kept coming back.

The "young family" scenes are some of my favorites, too!

...I would like to see the show focus more on how he was treated by the parents and how that dynamic affected Kevin and Kate. The show seems to show more interaction between Randall and the parents. And the special schooling. All of that would have to have an impact on the other two. We also see young Kate with her parents. I don’t recall a lot of the story devoted to time between Kevin and the parents. This dynamic interests me a lot and I would like to see more of that.

I think you hit on it yourself! Kevin was the one who didn't seem to need them as much, so he ended up not getting as much attention (...and going into acting where he finally would.)

Is anyone else annoyed by the extreme number of commercials in this show this year? It's ridiculous. Drives me insane. They have nearly the same amount of time devoted to commercials as they do show!
DVR is amazing for that! I got all caught up on Grey's Anatomy via Netflix so now I'm DVRing it but I totally miss not having to touch the remote when I'm watching the show.

*Said in Janice’s voice*..

OH

MY

GOD

What an episode!!!

This may be my favourite episode. So, so much explained and so much going on. I don’t even think I can remember it all.

Good for Rebecca for sticking up for her kids. The look on Rebecca’s face when she turned around and saw Randall standing there, listening, was amazing. It showed her horror so well. I laughed SO hard when they were talking to Randall about MLK day and he said ‘she didn’t shoot him, did she?’ His face too was so expressive lol

I thought that Kevin would get hooked on pain pills..I’m glad to see I was wrong. His flashbacks show how much of an influence Jack had on him. Hopefully he doesn’t push himself too hard.

Randall, oh Randall. He’s trying so hard. He only has the best of intentions but it’s coming off too strong. What did he say to Deja to make her say ‘she told you what I said’?

KATE!! When she went to the pharmacy, I assumed she was getting laxatives to help her lose more weight. Nope, prenatal vitamins! I didn’t see that coming at all. Hopefully it all works out. I couldn’t handle watching her pain at losing the baby. Writers, I’m looking at you.

I’m looking forward to seeing what everyone else has to say.

OH

MY

GOD

What an episode!!!

This may be my favourite episode. So, so much explained and so much going on. I don’t even think I can remember it all.

Good for Rebecca for sticking up for her kids. The look on Rebecca’s face when she turned around and saw Randall standing there, listening, was amazing. It showed her horror so well. I laughed SO hard when they were talking to Randall about MLK day and he said ‘she didn’t shoot him, did she?’ His face too was so expressive lol

I thought that Kevin would get hooked on pain pills..I’m glad to see I was wrong. His flashbacks show how much of an influence Jack had on him. Hopefully he doesn’t push himself too hard.

Randall, oh Randall. He’s trying so hard. He only has the best of intentions but it’s coming off too strong. What did he say to Deja to make her say ‘she told you what I said’?

KATE!! When she went to the pharmacy, I assumed she was getting laxatives to help her lose more weight. Nope, prenatal vitamins! I didn’t see that coming at all. Hopefully it all works out. I couldn’t handle watching her pain at losing the baby. Writers, I’m looking at you.

Good recap of tonight's episode. From the looks of the previews to next week's episode it looks like Kevin is getting hooked on pills. At least that is what it seems like. Nice twist with Kate's pregnancy. Didn't see that coming at all. Really liked Rebecca tonight standing up for Randall. Loved Jack and Kevin shoveling the snow to get grandma out of there!

OH

MY

GOD

What an episode!!!

Deja told Beth the alopecia gets worse when she’s stressed. Randall told Deja he runs when he’s stressed and invited her along. She felt Beth broke her trust by telling him. Yeah, he’s trying too hard but he wouldn’t be Randall if he didn’t.

Great episode. Kate’s mother makes me furious. I’m so glad she finally stood up to her.

Love the depth they’re adding to Kevin. I relate to him so much, being that kid that was seen as not “needing” attention.

I swear every episode I can parallel with my own life. Jack shoveling the snow to get rid of his MIL./My DH packing our bags and kids in the truck and driving us away from my FIL’s house. Every episode just hits me right in the feels.

I loved this episode!!!! (Thank you, :cat: , for waking me up early, so I watched it over my coffee instead of waiting until tonight!)

I can't believe Kate is pregnant! I loved seeing more of Kevin's relationship with his dad. Jack continues to be amazing.

I loved seeing more backstory about the grandma, and that conversation was spot on. - I absolutely knew people in an older generation who were so careful not to act racist, and didn't even realize things they were still saying. (I actually almost felt sorry for her for a second.) But I also loved Rebecca's response that she shouldn't have to try, and she clearly says other inappropriate (sometimes even mean) things to all of them,so I don't think I'll magically like her if she fixes this one thing.

I'm sad for Deja. It looked like she loved the hairdo so much, and then she got scared again. I do think Randall is trying too hard (and it was obvious in a previous episode that she doesn't expect men to be like him, so he should know to slow down) but I wouldn't have realized she wanted me to keep the fact that alopecia gets worse when you're stressed a secret either. I think it's going to take a lot more time than Randall thought for her to be comfortable.

Loved it. Love Kate being pregnant. Hate that Kevin is getting hooked on drugs.

I love Beth and Randall together. LOVED when she said the kids need both of them. Cracked up when she said, "you are the only person I know who has a three verse song about the benefits of antibiotic ointment." Then when he sings back, "to prevent an infection........" Hilarious. I think child Randall and adult Randall were on fire last night.

Last edited:
Unfortunately NBC was coming up as a blank screen for me last night (I just have an antenna) so I will have to purchase this episode and watch it tonight. Grr...

I loved this episode!!!! (Thank you, :cat: , for waking me up early, so I watched it over my coffee instead of waiting until tonight!)

I can't believe Kate is pregnant! I loved seeing more of Kevin's relationship with his dad. Jack continues to be amazing.

I loved seeing more backstory about the grandma, and that conversation was spot on. - I absolutely knew people in an older generation who were so careful not to act racist, and didn't even realize things they were still saying. (I actually almost felt sorry for her for a second.) But I also loved Rebecca's response that she shouldn't have to try, and she clearly says other inappropriate (sometimes even mean) things to all of them,so I don't think I'll magically like her if she fixes this one thing.

I'm sad for Deja. It looked like she loved the hairdo so much, and then she got scared again. I do think Randall is trying too hard (and it was obvious in a previous episode that she doesn't expect men to be like him, so he should know to slow down) but I wouldn't have realized she wanted me to keep the fact that alopecia gets worse when you're stressed a secret either. I think it's going to take a lot more time than Randall thought for her to be comfortable.
Well it wasn’t really about the alopecia but that she had confided in Beth and Beth then told Randall. It’s the telling him part, not what she told him. She is clearly afraid of men and was embarrassed about the bald spots. As well adjusted, healthy adults we’re not going to see an issue with info like that being passed on but as a shy, frightened young girl whose past is not healthy I can see it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter