This Is Us- Season two

You should be able to watch it for free on nbc.com. That's what I do. DH is not interested and between hockey and superhero shows, I very rarely get the TV during primetime! https://www.nbc.com/this-is-us/video/still-there/3599772

I don't have cable. Normally when I've tried to watch on the networks websites, they want me to enter my cable provider info.

ETA: Just checked and it looks like it's going to work - guess they changed it since the last time I tried, which has admittedly been quite awhile ago. Thanks!!

Cut short a high school visit for my son so I could watch this last night...priorities, you know :)

Loved it!

Yes. Two that were bugging me last season are getting some redemption this season. I'm especially thrilled to be getting more insight into Beth as well. She is a very savvy and capable match for Randall.

Beth and Jack are oddly the only ones I like. The rest are becoming annoying, either from recent actions or things that occurred during S1.

I liked William as well but he's gone.

Beth and Jack are oddly the only ones I like. The rest are becoming annoying, either from recent actions or things that occurred during S1.

I liked William as well but he's gone.

Toby and Rebecca got under my skin last season. It's been nice to see some different perspectives of them this season.

I absolutely adore Beth and am so glad we're getting more time with her this season -- time in which she gets to shine in her own right, not simply as a good sidekick to Randall.

The Deja storyline honestly has had me worried. I was (and am) afraid that they'll do the story and tie it up in rather short order in a pretty, neat and tidy bow. On the other hand, I recognize that if they try to portray such a complex issue anywhere close to reality, it's going to be a difficult slog -- for them as characters and us as the audience. It's going to be very easy to lose patience with Deja. (Why can't she see she's in such a good spot now, etc.) The first thing that bugged me about the storyline is that Randall and Beth are both very savvy and intelligent people, both inclined to research and do the homework before embarking on something like this. There is no way they would not have been advised that in foster situations, particularly those involving traumatized children, the blanket rule of thumb is to always foster children younger than your biological children. I am rooting for Deja to be able to embrace and accept the embrace of being a part of their family. Realistically I understand that the reality won't be smooth and Beth and Randall's daughters are in a very vulnerable position because this young girl is liable to act out in rash ways that may have very bad consequences.

Deja looked so great with her new hair, and she looked so happy with it. It was horrible when she cut it all off, poor girl.
I did not see the pregnancy thing coming. Hopefully she now tells Toby and we don't have that drama to deal with.
Kevin and the pills, not cool. I was so happy to see him dealing without them, and then poof, back to pills.
It was sad Randall had to hear that conversation with Rebecca and her rotten mother, but at least he saw her fighting for him. And we LOL when he asked if she shot MLK LOL, that kid is awesome.

I did not see the pregnancy thing coming. Hopefully she now tells Toby and we don't have that drama to deal with...And we LOL when he asked if she shot MLK LOL, that kid is awesome.
- the end of episode preview seems to indicate Toby won't be left in the dark for long
- I thought the MLK line stole the show last night. I had tears in my eyes I laughed so hard!

I wanted to smack the grandma, really lady, its been 10 years and you're still like this???

I hope they make Kate have normal routine pregnancy and not screw it up.

I wanted to smack the grandma, really lady, its been 10 years and you're still like this???

I am sure they will because that would be too easy and nothing on this show is easy. I am glad to see Kate has story lines (pregnancy and singing career) this season that do not revolve solely around dieting.

I was also incredibly annoyed with grandma. She put way too much emphasis on looks. She really insulted all three kids. She implied Randall should not be smart enough for private school because of his race. She indicated Kevin would do well due to his looks, she said something like, "oh that face will take you far" when he was screaming with Jack due to the itching, as if to say nothing mattered except that he was handsome. Then she insulted Kate by implying she should learn to cook because she would not land a man with her looks alone. She was so rude and condescending. I was happy to see her try to change at the end when she was realizing Randall did not like basketball and was in fact very smart and interested in science.

After watching last nights episode I now "get" why Kate and her mom have issues. The way Rebecca told her mom off was very similar to what Kate did in the earlier episode to her -- Rebecca has more of her mother in her than she thinks! I definitely see parallels there!

After watching last nights episode I now "get" why Kate and her mom have issues. The way Rebecca told her mom off was very similar to what Kate did in the earlier episode to her -- Rebecca has more of her mother in her than she thinks! I definitely see parallels there!
You Know, I didn't think about it this way last night when I watched but now that you mention it the timing of this episode and flashback makes a lot of sense. A window into Rebecca's relationship with her mother and how that may have affected Rebecca...

I thought last night totally explained the way Rebecca is. She just hasn't been able to see it before. I am hoping that Kate being pregnant will bring them closer and help get rid of some of those issues.

Randall wanted to get chicken pox but the incubation period is two weeks or longer -- Kevin and Kate would've been healed long before Jack and Randall got them.

I thought that Kevin would get hooked on pain pills..I’m glad to see I was wrong.

I thought he downed his pain pills with a beer. But maybe I need to put my glasses on. It was probably apple juice or something.

Toby, Lord. I can't. I just can't. I don't think either is good for each other.

Jack, adore. Yesterday was my own father's birthday and those scenes of Kevin going through the emotions of watching his father, well. Reminded me how certain quiet things can just take you back.

Randall's question about if his grandma shot Martin Luther King Jr. - so innocent. Great writing. So funny and poignant. Like others said, the scene stealer.

I struggled a bit with the rest of that scene. I don't think I would be explaining to my child about veiled racism as he will face that soon enough on his own, on his own accord. Unless he was asking why about his grandma.

Deja, the look on Beth's face. Her reaction was priceless. I read not just the shock and hurt for Deja, and everyone, but how could you do that to your precious hair (in general). Great acting.

I don't want every character to have drama. So I hope we aren't beginning a Kate's weight and her pregnancy and Kevin's pill addiction. And with Randall and Beth, if it is realistic Deja's storyline should be up and down and all around for a long, long time. I don't want the show to be overly draining.

Last edited:
I'm so happy for Katy and Toby!!! I can't wait for baby Jack or baby Jackie lol I can't get myself excited to care about Deja storyline at all. Grandma is never going to change. Randall reaction was priceless about his grandma shooting Martin Luthur King and and having to get chicken pox. He seems so much younger then then other kids.

I'm so happy for Katy and Toby!!! I can't wait for baby Jack or baby Jackie lol I can't get myself excited to care about Deja storyline at all. Grandma is never going to change. Randall reaction was priceless about his grandma shooting Martin Luthur King and and having to get chicken pox. He seems so much younger then then other kids.

He has a real innocence about him.

I loved when he told his Grandma that it was Newton's second law. :rotfl2: Like it was all so simple.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter