This Is Us- Season two

I thought he downed his pain pills with a beer. But maybe I need to put my glasses on. It was probably apple juice or something.

Toby, Lord. I can't. I just can't. I don't think either is good for each other.

Jack, adore. Yesterday was my own father's birthday and those scenes of Kevin going through the emotions of watching his father, well. Reminded me how certain quiet things can just take you back.

Randall's question about if his grandma shot Martin Luther King Jr. - so innocent. Great writing. So funny and poignant. Like others said, the scene stealer.

I struggled a bit with the rest of that scene. I don't think I would be explaining to my child about veiled racism as he will face that soon enough on his own, on his own accord. Unless he was asking why about his grandma.

Deja, the look on Beth's face. Her reaction was priceless. I read not just the shock and hurt for Deja, and everyone, but how could you do that to your precious hair (in general). Great acting.

I don't want every character to have drama. So I hope we aren't beginning a Kate's weight and her pregnancy and Kevin's pill addiction. And with Randall and Beth, if it is realistic Deja's storyline should be up and down and all around for a long, long time. I don't want the show to be overly draining.
The conversation about veiled racism made me uncomfortable at first too but in the after show Sterling said it’s a conversation that happens much sooner in the African American community because it has to. It really made me stop and think about it.

The conversation about veiled racism made me uncomfortable at first too but in the after show Sterling said it’s a conversation that happens much sooner in the African American community because it has to. It really made me stop and think about it.

It is also something talked about early and often in adoptive families where children are a different race than the parents. It is a conversation that has to happen unfortunately. Kids pick up on things and they knew how Grandma treated Randall differently than Kate and Kevin. It was good of Jack to get it out and talk about it instead of sweeping it under the carpet or worse, allowing Grandma to treat him that way without saying anything. That would make it seem like Rebecca and Jack condoned that behavior.

I watched the aftershow all last year on "On Demand", but was disappointed that it didn't turn up when I searched this year. Where do you watch it?

Just finished watching it. It was good, but I think the show is just lacking whatever it had that made it so emotional for me last season. I am missing William too.

Just finished watching it. It was good, but I think the show is just lacking whatever it had that made it so emotional for me last season. I am missing William too.

I miss William so much. He was incredible. I really feel they took him too soon. I know he had to die due to his terminal illness, but I wish they kept him around for another season, or two.

(Apologies in advance - this is a little :offtopic: )
I had the weirdest and most vivid dream last night that Chrissy Metz died and I had to plan her funeral. So bizarre! I haven't watched the show for weeks and Kate is my least-favourite character on it; no idea why she would be inhabiting my sub-conscious...:confused3

(Apologies in advance - this is a little :offtopic: )
I had the weirdest and most vivid dream last night that Chrissy Metz died and I had to plan her funeral. So bizarre! I haven't watched the show for weeks and Kate is my least-favourite character on it; no idea why she would be inhabiting my sub-conscious...:confused3
Have you been watching anything on TLC? Maybe you saw the commercial for "Who do you think you are?" I think she's one of the stars coming up on the show.

Have you been watching anything on TLC? Maybe you saw the commercial for "Who do you think you are?" I think she's one of the stars coming up on the show.
No. I've pretty much written off TLC altogether. Nothing in their line-up holds any interest for me and I generally couldn't care less about the personal lives of celebrities.

It actually shocked me that in this dream "Chrissy Metz" was so strongly identified. Even that I recognized her and named her in the dream is weird because I know next to nothing about her beyond her role in the show. Yesterday if someone would have randomly asked me who Chrissy Metz was, I probably couldn't have answered.

I feel like you guys wait until I post about the episode before joining in lol

Ok..

Did we know Jack had/has a brother?? I feel like we didn’t know that. Maybe Rebecca doesn’t even know. Maybe he died in the war? Maybe he got messed up and didn’t talk to Jack after they came home from the war? We need more info lol

It does explain, though, why he seems extra invested in making sure that Kevin and Randall are close.

I’m glad that Kate isn’t going to be quiet about her pregnancy for the whole nine months. She’d totally tell Kevin and that wouldn’t help things with Toby. I didn’t really buy the whole Madison side story. If you despise someone, you don’t change your mind in five seconds.

Kevin, oh Kevin, what are you doing? I get addiction, I just don’t want to see how low he goes.

Good to see Randall making some headway with Déjà. His heart is in the right place. He just needs to give her space to come around at her own pace.

I laughed so hard when Randall said that black men never get jealous of auctions. #americanhistory

I don’t know what it was about this episode in particular, but watching Jack die and watching the family deal with it will be devestating. It will be an ugly cry for sure. I hope we don’t get warned of the specific episode..it just needs to happen like Williams did. We knew he was going to die, just not when.

eta~ I just read this back and lol at how I’m talking about them like they’re my family. We are all Pearsons at heart.

I feel like you guys wait until I post about the episode before joining in lol

Ok..

Did we know Jack had/has a brother?? I feel like we didn’t know that. Maybe Rebecca doesn’t even know. Maybe he died in the war? Maybe he got messed up and didn’t talk to Jack after they came home from the war? We need more info lol

It does explain, though, why he seems extra invested in making sure that Kevin and Randall are close.

I’m glad that Kate isn’t going to be quiet about her pregnancy for the whole nine months. She’d totally tell Kevin and that wouldn’t help things with Toby. I didn’t really buy the whole Madison side story. If you despise someone, you don’t change your mind in five seconds.

Kevin, oh Kevin, what are you doing? I get addiction, I just don’t want to see how low he goes.

Good to see Randall making some headway with Déjà. His heart is in the right place. He just needs to give her space to come around at her own pace.

I laughed so hard when Randall said that black men never get jealous of auctions. #americanhistory

I don’t know what it was about this episode in particular, but watching Jack die and watching the family deal with it will be devestating. It will be an ugly cry for sure. I hope we don’t get warned of the specific episode..it just needs to happen like Williams did. We knew he was going to die, just not when.

eta~ I just read this back and lol at how I’m talking about them like they’re my family. We are all Pearsons at heart.

I think Kevin is going to end up losing Sophie unfortunately. She already took him back once after cheating, I don't see her doing it again for addiction.

I liked the surprise of Jack's brother. Seems like he died overseas. Jack seemed like the protector.

Loved Randall and Deja. When he was standing in front of the ladies room, I was chucking. I knew he would go in. She is slowly warming up to him.

I don't like Kevin having a drug problem. I think it is to show that he has not dealt with Jack's death. He is numbing the physical and emotional pain. I also think he will lose Sophie as well as his blossoming career.

I'm intrigued by this new information that Jack has (or had) a brother. I'm also loving Kate being pregnant, although I thought the coffee house scene with Toby was a little over the top. I really felt for Kate when she was telling him how worried she is over the thought of losing the baby. I really hope they don't do that to us!

I hate the Kevin story line. It feels very forced, like he just suddenly has a drug problem? I don't want to see him lose Sophie but it seems to be going in that direction.

I'm intrigued by this new information that Jack has (or had) a brother. I'm also loving Kate being pregnant, although I thought the coffee house scene with Toby was a little over the top. I really felt for Kate when she was telling him how worried she is over the thought of losing the baby. I really hope they don't do that to us!

I hate the Kevin story line. It feels very forced, like he just suddenly has a drug problem? I don't want to see him lose Sophie but it seems to be going in that direction.

Yea I thought it was nutty. And why does Toby think it's okay to pour a bucket of water on himself at a coffee house?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter