This Is Us- Season two

Went back and looked , there was previews...I guess I just put the end of the show with them.

Next week they show Jack in the gym hitting a punching bag and then the kids young again. My guess this is the first time he had a drinking problem, like we saw on the couch in season one when we found out that about him. Then it shows Randall and Beth saying they are adopting a older child and Kate singing again and Toby? brings her mother there .

I think it is going to be a long journey to see what the end of the show was about just like we were all speculating that he would die in a car accident because he was drunk.

Who was the red head girl with Randal at the end too on the couch? He must get a girlfriend too because that wasn't Sophie she was with Kevin.

Went back and looked , there was previews...I guess I just put the end of the show with them.

Next week they show Jack in the gym hitting a punching bag and then the kids young again. My guess this is the first time he had a drinking problem, like we saw on the couch in season one when we found out that about him. Then it shows Randall and Beth saying they are adopting a older child and Kate singing again and Toby? brings her mother there .

I think it is going to be a long journey to see what the end of the show was about just like we were all speculating that he would die in a car accident because he was drunk.

Who was the red head girl with Randal at the end too on the couch? He must get a girlfriend too because that wasn't Sophie she was with Kevin

I thought it was maybe Miguels wife??? I don't remember what she looked like, but I assumed she was comforting him.

It's Randall's girlfriend.

Entertainment weekly says:
"Moore wants you to pay attention to some of the clues planted in that final sequence. “There were some clues I don’t know if people picked up on — Kate was holding a dog, Randall’s got a girlfriend, and Kevin has a broken leg,” she says. “These are all things that I think people are going to see sort of the origin of in the next couple of episodes, leading up to figuring out a bigger piece of the puzzle.”

I think we were thrown a red herring for sure. I think a fire happened (perhaps started by Randall or Kate) while Rebecca was taking Jack to rehab (hence the personal effects). She wasn’t very upset in the car, just enough to warrant someone who just dropped off her husband at rehab. She came home to see the firefighters and the house burned down, which is why she screamed-knowing the kids were home. Kate and Randall got a hold of Miguel since they couldn’t reach their mom and brought the dog they saved from the fire. Kevin doesn’t have a cast in the funeral scene from last season and they made a point to show the cast tonight so the timing is off. He’s not dead yet in the timeline.
I actually think this is a really great theory. In part because of the quote below and what was said on the after show.

It's Randall's girlfriend.

Entertainment weekly says:
"Moore wants you to pay attention to some of the clues planted in that final sequence. “There were some clues I don’t know if people picked up on — Kate was holding a dog, Randall’s got a girlfriend, and Kevin has a broken leg,” she says. “These are all things that I think people are going to see sort of the origin of in the next couple of episodes, leading up to figuring out a bigger piece of the puzzle.”

As for the episode itself. Man. Just gut wrenching.

Some random thoughts:

I didn’t realize how angry I still was at Jack for the things he said during that fight.

I may have found part of the reason Toby rubs me the wrong way: the twin jabs he makes. As a mom of twins I think it makes me defensive. I get where he’s coming from but he should be a grown up instead of being passive aggressive about it. They address that in the after show as well.

Glad Randall and Beth are going to look into adopting an older child.

Anyone recall if the date is in the obit at the funeral? The parking sticker on the car Rebecca was driving said 98. Oh hey need to rewind and see if we can see the sticker when she picks up the kids in the beginning.

My theory is that they were all home when the fire started, except Kevin wasn't really, he had snuck out to meet up with Sophie. Rebecca, Kate and Randall get out of the house in time, but Jack goes to the basement to save Kevin since he has a broken leg and would need help. He then dies trying to find Kevin (who isn't there). I feel like the way it plays in that Kate feels guilty is that's she knew Kevin Had snuck out, but didn't want to get him in trouble by telling.

Just my theory.

There was a note book with his belongings which was odd to me in that bag. How do you know it was a few months later?

I don't "know" it's a few months later. Those were just my thoughts, and how I interpreted the ending.

Regarding Kevin not having a cast in the funeral scene ... Since Jack was cremated, maybe they had a memorial at a later date so this would answer why he didn't have the cast??

Regarding Kevin not having a cast in the funeral scene ... Since Jack was cremated, maybe they had a memorial at a later date so this would answer why he didn't have the cast??

I don't think so. There was some significance to the cast. The camera zoomed in and lingered on it. If it had no significance, why put him in a cast at all? It meant something I think.

I think a pp may be right. I think Kevin snuck out, the fire happened, then Jack went in to get Kevin since he was in a cast. Kate knew Kevin was not in the house but was not able to stop Jack from running in and he died. But if that were the case, I think Kevin would be feeling more angst.

Who was the red head girl with Randal at the end too on the couch? He must get a girlfriend too because that wasn't Sophie she was with Kevin.

That is so weird, we definitely did not get previews here. Strange.

Not really. The writer of the article says that. The writer of the show does not. He says this is a “piece of the puzzle.” He never outright says we saw what caused Jack’s death.

You’re right, it’s clearly up to interpretation of the show writer’s words. Other articles also refer to the fire being linked to his death, but that could mean several different things.

I think at least part of the point of the cast is, it ends Kevin's promising football career. In the teen scenes, they talk about Kevin turning pro one day, so I'm guessing the injury is how he kind of falls into acting.

Can I just say, I loved the scene with Beth talking to William. I also enjoyed seeing Ron Howard--he's rarely in front of the camera these days, and I just think it's fun to see him playing himself.

According to the article on CNN they directly quote the director saying "That is the cause of his death," "This Is Us" creator Dan Fogelman told CNN at a party following the show's Los Angeles premiere screening. "[The fire] is directly responsible."

I thought last night premier was great. It was heartbreaking when Jack told Rebecca about his drinking problem.

Rewatched to see f I could catch any details on the car sticker at the start or on Kevin’s cast.

I personally couldn’t make out the year on the sticker in the beginning, it was cut off at the top only showing a tiny bit.

The only possibly important thing I could see on the cast was “get well soon”with a heart and the letter S.

Rewatched to see f I could catch any details on the car sticker at the start or on Kevin’s cast.

I personally couldn’t make out the year on the sticker in the beginning, it was cut off at the top only showing a tiny bit.

The only possibly important thing I could see on the cast was “get well soon”with a heart and the letter S.

It also had a picture of a football and said #1 on the cast above that.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr AT&T is in a tiff with NBC, so we will not be getting This is Us on Tuesday night. I think the time may have come to cut the cord. I will be watching from my computer, but its not the same as my large flat screen.
We have U-verse and got This Is Us just fine (I haven't watched the season 2 episode yet but I did just check to make sure it did record). What was the issue you saw with At&t?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter