This Is Us- Season two

He mom should of went to the dressing room with her, or at least waited in the area. Kate would of never walked out of the dressing room area. The scene was written stupid.

I think most moms would have gone with their daughter and wait outside while she tried the dresses on. But Kate and Rebecca don't really have that kind of relationship. Kate is moody and lashes out. Rebecca gives her space. I don't believe Kate would have wanted her mom around her and I think Rebecca knew that and purposely gave her distance. Kate would have likely scoffed and made her mother leave the dressing area. Rebecca was shocked Kate even asked her to go with her to the mall and was trying to not mess it up. At least that is what I think.

I think most moms would have gone with their daughter and wait outside while she tried the dresses on. But Kate and Rebecca don't really have that kind of relationship. Kate is moody and lashes out. Rebecca gives her space. I don't believe Kate would have wanted her mom around her and I think Rebecca knew that and purposely gave her distance. Kate would have likely scoffed and made her mother leave the dressing area. Rebecca was shocked Kate even asked her to go with her to the mall and was trying to not mess it up. At least that is what I think.

Agreed!

He mom should of went to the dressing room with her, or at least waited in the area. Kate would of never walked out of the dressing room area. The scene was written stupid.

Maybe if she was younger, Kate is a teen and can got to the mall herself . I wouldn't want my mom in the room with me at that age. My daughter is 17 right now and I go look for other things for her to try on but don't go do far from the dressing room. Heck I don't even like going to the gym and having to dress in front of other woman always go somewhere private.

Maybe if she was younger, Kate is a teen and can got to the mall herself . I wouldn't want my mom in the room with me at that age. My daughter is 17 right now and I go look for other things for her to try on but don't go do far from the dressing room. Heck I don't even like going to the gym and having to dress in front of other woman always go somewhere private.
I meant that Kate should of stayed in the area, so Kate could have put the dress on and let her mom see her in the dress. A lot of times our dd's need encouragement. I am sure Kate did not want to walk out in the middle of the store and just maybe if Rebecca would of been waiting, she could have encouraged her. How many times have you been in a dressing room and put on a dress that you would have never picked out and then tried it on and it looked good on you, but you still needed someone else to reaffirm what they think. The writers had Kate and Madison going to a wedding store, and look how Madison, set it up for Kate. Telling her she just needed to see what kind of dresses there are. Rebecca should have done the same thing when Kate asked her to go to the Mall

I don't watch Grey's, but did ugly cry for Mark Green on ER.. anyone remember that? Oh my!! :sad:
Oh my, they really soaked that one, didn't they? :sad: I mean, doesn't everyone fly to Hawaii for their death scene?

Derek's death on Grey's was such a great loss of a perfectly good dramatic opportunity. It was like the writers phoned that one in. They should have consulted with the ER writers!

OMG This was the worst. It was hard enough watching the first time. When I was on Maternity leave with both kids I would watch ER reruns on I think it was TBS. Both times it was when Green died. So much worse when hormones are all out of wack.
Do you remember that episode "Love's Labor Lost" where things fall apart with Dr. Green in that delivery? It first aired when I was 9 months pregnant. :faint: Talk about messing with your head! And yes, plenty of hormonal confusion going on!

Do you remember that episode "Love's Labor Lost" where things fall apart with Dr. Green in that delivery? It first aired when I was 9 months pregnant. :faint: Talk about messing with your head! And yes, plenty of hormonal confusion going on!
Oh yes! My best friend was also very pregnant, bad idea to watch. I had an infant, and it darn near killed me. I know when it was in syndication back then in re-runs they did not air that episode again, they skipped right over it. Not sure if that still continues or not.

Oh yes! My best friend was also very pregnant, bad idea to watch. I had an infant, and it darn near killed me. I know when it was in syndication back then in re-runs they did not air that episode again, they skipped right over it. Not sure if that still continues or not.
That's interesting the skipped it. If you had never seen it or weren't familiar with the storyline, that's a pretty critical episode to leave out since it impacted the storyline for some time after.

I need to hunt that down on youtube or something. I haven't seen it since it first aired.

POP (channel 273 here) runs the entire series of ER. I think "Love's Labor Lost" was on last week--they just started over from Season 1. I DVR'd the whole thing--they run 3 episodes a day, so I have a backlog. Dh and I were EMTs at the time that it originally aired, so we like to discuss the flagrant medical mistakes. Still loved the show, though.

I was also pregnant with my oldest, the first time that episode ran. It was tough!

OMG yes, that episode was so sad! I remember thinking "that still happens in this day and age?!"

POP (channel 273 here) runs the entire series of ER. I think "Love's Labor Lost" was on last week--they just started over from Season 1. I DVR'd the whole thing--they run 3 episodes a day, so I have a backlog. Dh and I were EMTs at the time that it originally aired, so we like to discuss the flagrant medical mistakes. Still loved the show, though.

I was also pregnant with my oldest, the first time that episode ran. It was tough!
I just looked yesterday after this came up and set my DVR. That episode is on tomorrow. Now I just have to wait and see if my cable package actually includes POP (no idea).

I don't remember this one. I was a freshman in high school so I am not sure I watched the first season or if I just missed some here and there for being out with friends.

That's interesting the skipped it. If you had never seen it or weren't familiar with the storyline, that's a pretty critical episode to leave out since it impacted the storyline for some time after.

I need to hunt that down on youtube or something. I haven't seen it since it first aired.

I can't remember if it's Hulu or Netflix, but one of them just added ER to their list of shows.

Can't wait for tonight's show. You know that it has to be close to Jack dying. Not sure if it will be this show or not. They might stretch it out.

I don't think Jack dies in the fire anymore. I rewatch the show on the weekends and missed that he told Rebecca that he was going to start up big three again and do some construction projects on the side. When they showed Rebecca coming up the burnt house she had Jack's notepad in with his belongings. Why would that be in there if he died in a fire. It was the same note book he had when he was first developing The Big Three.

Only thing I can't figure out is why Kate would think it is her fault. So many questions...lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter