This Is Us- Season two

I don't think so. There was some significance to the cast. The camera zoomed in and lingered on it. If it had no significance, why put him in a cast at all? It meant something I think.

I think a pp may be right. I think Kevin snuck out, the fire happened, then Jack went in to get Kevin since he was in a cast. Kate knew Kevin was not in the house but was not able to stop Jack from running in and he died. But if that were the case, I think Kevin would be feeling more angst.
I agree that the cast has some significance but someone had said that this couldn't be how Jack dies because in the funeral scene Kevin didn't have cast on his leg. I was saying that since Jack was cremated, maybe the "funeral" scene from last year was a memorial that was held at a later date and not right after the death.

We have U-verse and got This Is Us just fine (I haven't watched the season 2 episode yet but I did just check to make sure it did record). What was the issue you saw with At&t?
It must be our local AT&T. We haven't had NBC since the first of Sept. People that have direct TV also don't have NBC. It was funny on facebook, people were planning viewing parties to watch the show at people who don't have AT&T or Direct TV.

I did watch this morning on NBC.com. I hope they continue to let us watch that way.

It must be our local AT&T. We haven't had NBC since the first of Sept. People that have direct TV also don't have NBC. It was funny on facebook, people were planning viewing parties to watch the show at people who don't have AT&T or Direct TV.

I did watch this morning on NBC.com. I hope they continue to let us watch that way.
Crazy, glad my Direct TV isn't having that spat!

Well goodness that's just a mess. Sorry you're dealing with that :(

What an episode. It was wonderful to see William again. Im sorry I don't care for Beth at all she doesn't project happiness at all. Shes always so down on Randall all the time. I'm glad Toby told Kevin to step back.

As for the fire Ive read that is how Jack dies. My heart is breaking. I know it sounds so silly. I feel like I personally know the Pearsons.

Could anyone read what the notebook in with Jack's possessions said? I need to go back to see if I can see it any better, but I thought it said Unix. I don't know if it has any significance at all (or if that's even what it said or that's just where my mind went because I used to work with that operating system).

Edit: I found a photo online, and it's not UNIX. It's ...UNDY, I think. The first part is hidden under the watch band.

Last edited:
I'm so happy to see this thread! I was wondering if you guys were watching last night. We made sure we were home in time to see it. I was so happy to have William be a part of this episode. Damp eyeballs happened right at the beginning because I just love that character so much. The end was crazy. So, so disappointing to find out that Jack is having such a struggle, but I loved how Rebecca handled it. And then the very end . . . Oh my. I was so sad to see their home like that. I watched the after show and it sounds like they are going to keep dragging the details out over the season. Milo said we had to be patient. Ugh!

Wow!! So much in one episode!

I will bawl like a baby and be really angry at the writers if the dog is the reason Jack dies.

I do remember that Kate blames herself. I haven't decided whether I think she left a curling iron on or something like that, or if it's the theory above about Jack going back in for Kevin when he wasn't really there. - Maybe she helped him sneak out? (Or maybe it's a combination - they were hiding the dog in the basement where Kevin was supposed to be?)

I'm glad Beth finally spoke up to Randall about not wanting a baby. I know Jack pushed Rebecca and it worked out, but really, I don't think you can take on a baby as a "gift" to your spouse. It's neat that she's interested in helping an older child, though.

What an episode. It was wonderful to see William again. Im sorry I don't care for Beth at all she doesn't project happiness at all. Shes always so down on Randall all the time. I'm glad Toby told Kevin to step back.

As for the fire Ive read that is how Jack dies. My heart is breaking. I know it sounds so silly. I feel like I personally know the Pearsons.
You have to remember that Randall has anxiety so bad he makes himself sick. He’s also a perfectionist and when things don’t go right that kicks in the anxiety. It’s got to be hard to be the one who has to try and balance that. I don’t think she’s down on him so much as she’s trying to temper his expectations. Plus, he he randomly decided to adopt a baby and ran with it. He didn’t even seek her input. That would make me a little witchy too. He’s a dreamer and she’s the one who has to pull him back into reality.

I wonder, do the kids (now or then) know Jack was an alcoholic?

UGH! I just started watching this show this afternoon. I haven't finished 1 episode and I've already teared up. What have I gotten myself into?

I am not a crier for tv shows and I hadn’t even teared up until it came to one specific episode. Then, I ugly cried. You’ll know the episode when you get there.

I am not a crier for tv shows and I hadn’t even teared up until it came to one specific episode. Then, I ugly cried. You’ll know the episode when you get there.
If it's the same one that killed me, my daughter just watched that one last night. She is still recovering.

If it's the same one that killed me, my daughter just watched that one last night. She is still recovering.

Probably. I won’t name the episode so that @amberpi isnt warned in advance LOL

The first season is on Netflix and I thought about watching that episode again but I just can’t.

At one point last season didn't Kevin talk about smashing all of his models because he was mad at his father? At the time I thought that he was mad that his father had died, but now I'm wondering if that came first during Jack's struggle with his alcoholism. Or was the basement not destroyed and the models salvageable?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter