This Is Us- Season two

The timing might not have been great, but as parents I can't fault them for their concern. Kate is a high-maintenance basket case - :crazy2: plain and simple. I would not be excited for my son taking her on. And although they don't seem to have much insight into the nature of depression, it isn't completely mean-spirited or ridiculous for them to be worried for him.

Good writing maybe, but an absurdly implausible thing to do at a wedding, unless of course you're a completely self-absorbed navel-gazer...oh, wait...:rolleyes1

And as for Kate dumping Jack's ashes, I shuddered. I think it's an entirely inappropriate thing for one member of a family to just decide to do without at least letting the others know. :mad:

:sad2: I know, right? While the show kind of suckers us in to believing this is relatively normal and even sort of endearing, it's not. These characters are seriously unhealthy in this regard.

Why is Kevin making a speech highly implausible?

I think that the family let Kate have Jacks ashes and left it up to her as to where and when they are scattered since she seemed to be the one who it affected the most. Kevin and Randall figures out what she was doing at the teee and they didn’t try and stop her or ask why she didn’t tell them.

I do agree that their behaviour isn’t normal and I don’t think the show tries to make us believe that. They show the nuts and bolts of the characters, flaws and all.

I would not be excited for my son taking her on.

But an hour before the wedding is a little late to bring it up! I really didn't like his parents.

Good writing maybe, but an absurdly implausible thing to do at a wedding

I completely agree.

And as for Kate dumping Jack's ashes, I shuddered. I think it's an entirely inappropriate thing for one member of a family to just decide to do without at least letting the others know.

I got the impression that they had discussed spreading the rest of the ashes at the cabin, and that Kate just hadn't been quite ready until then. (Remember, they already spread some at the other tree.)

The timing might not have been great, but as parents I can't fault them for their concern. Kate is a high-maintenance basket case - :crazy2: plain and simple. I would not be excited for my son taking her on. And although they don't seem to have much insight into the nature of depression, it isn't completely mean-spirited or ridiculous for them to be worried for him.

Good writing maybe, but an absurdly implausible thing to do at a wedding, unless of course you're a completely self-absorbed navel-gazer...oh, wait...:rolleyes1

And as for Kate dumping Jack's ashes, I shuddered. I think it's an entirely inappropriate thing for one member of a family to just decide to do without at least letting the others know. :mad:

:sad2: I know, right? While the show kind of suckers us in to believing this is relatively normal and even sort of endearing, it's not. These characters are seriously unhealthy in this regard.

Never said it was mean spirited. I just thought they had ample time to address it, so why wait until the day of the wedding? That's TV though.

Everyone but Kate scattered the ashes the day of his funeral. They let her take the rest.

I just rewatched it and paused to look at the bouquet. It was a screwdriver.

I have the last 3 episodes DVR'd and will probably watch tonight. Just wondering, what is the meaning of Kate carrying a screwdriver in her wedding bouquet?

Oh, ok, I guess maybe it was Jack's? Seems like a strange choice to me. Like, wasn't there anything else she had of her Dad's that was old?
Thanks Squirlz

The same house fire that took Jack also took most of his things. Pickings were slim.

Chrissy Metz warns of 'heartbreaking' flash-forward plotline on 'This Is Us'

season finale of "This Is Us" featured poignant flashbacks, an emotion-packed present and even a glimpse at what might have been.

But the part of the episode that's left viewers most eager for the show's return came in the form of a brief flash-forward in the final moments that hinted at something ominous to come.

And according to star Chrissy Metz, fans should take that hint to heart.

The cliffhanger scene involved a major leap in the time-hopping plot, all the way to a future in which a graying Randall and a grown-up Tess sit together to discuss a prospect both seem to dread.

"It's time to go see her," he said, to which Tess responded, "I'm not ready."

He echoed that sentiment without saying more, but left viewers with plenty to say, such as, "who?" and "no, really, who?!"

Is Deja in danger? Has something happened to Rebecca? Kate? Is Beth OK?

While Metz and her co-stars are staying tightlipped about that and other plot points for the most part, in an interview with Entertainment Weekly, she did offer a little information that is anything but reassuring to those worried about the leading ladies in Randall's life.

"It’s something you’d … nobody … it’s not good," she said, attempting not to reveal too much. "It’s … no. It’s actually very heartbreaking."

In other words, expect to keep the tissues handy again next season.

And maybe keep your fingers crossed for Beth. It seems, out of all the women that the scene could be about, she's the most likely one and the one most at risk.

After all, the last time viewers saw that same flash of future-Randall, during the ill-fated Super Bowl episode, Beth was nowhere to be seen — and neither was his wedding ring.
https://www.today.com/popculture/ch...rward-plotline-us-t127211?cid=sm_npd_td_fb_ma

Last edited:
And maybe keep your fingers crossed for Beth. It seems, out of all the women that the scene could be about, she's the most likely one and the one most at risk.

After all, the last time viewers saw that same flash of future-Randall, during the ill-fated Super Bowl episode, Beth was nowhere to be seen — and neither was his wedding ring.

When I watched it I immediately thought it was Beth.

And I thought she might have some form of dementia, and they were discussing seeing her and her not knowing them. Explaining the emotions of the scene. And I thought maybe it's early onset, but it's hard to figure out Randall's age.

But since you've mentioned the ring, I don't think I'm right. As I don't see Randall ever taking the ring off if that is what happened to Beth - actually it's hard to think of any reason for Randall to take off that ring, including her death (maybe a new relationship - boo to that!)

And as an aside it is very uncommon for black families to have their older loved ones cared for outside of a family home. Obviously it happens, just not as common.

One big puzzle!

When I watched it I immediately thought it was Beth.

And I thought she might have some form of dementia, and they were discussing seeing her and her not knowing them. Explaining the emotions of the scene. And I thought maybe it's early onset, but it's hard to figure out Randall's age.

But since you've mentioned the ring, I don't think I'm right. As I don't see Randall ever taking the ring off if that is what happened to Beth. And as an aside it is very uncommon for black families to have their older loved ones cared for outside of a family home. Obviously it happens, just not as common.
I can't image Randall taking his ring off I'm wondering if Beth leaves him at some point.

I can't image Randall taking his ring off I'm wondering if Beth leaves him at some point.

Yeah I just edited my post to expand on that very point. I can't think of any reason, even the death of Beth, for him to take it off. Only a new relationship.

It's a tv show and I'm getting upset about all the possibilities for them! Insanity.

I really love their relationship. And adore Beth.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter