"This is Why We Can't Have Nice Things": Aggie Girls Take on the World **UPDATE 07/27**

I'm getting sad as I type this because it's the last day we had at Disney! Writing this has been so fun to revisit the trip and remember how much fun we had. I can not believe this was a whole 9 months ago! Wowza, time flies. Good news: my Dad and I are currently trying to get a trip together for January to take some new friends who have never been to Disney! And most likely include Stefanie and Olivia, because I'm not sure if I can even go back to Disney without them now. :flower:

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Our next morning was an eeeeeeearly one. I have videos on my phone of me trying to wake up Stef and Olive and them literally just being unresponsive or making weird noises that I suppose were attempts at English? It was a rough morning all around. Dad took the golf cart early and grabbed coffee for us which was a help.

Since we were flying out that evening, we had to have all of our bags checked at the front desk and we had to be out of our room/turn in the golf cart. In proper college kid style...we are procrastinators...so we did not finish packing until that morning.
On top of that, we had an early breakfast reservation at Trattoria al Forno.

Our trusty steed for the week. This wa s award goodbye, lemme tell ya. The four of us sat on the golf cart for a while just listening to Taylor Swift's new album one last time for nostalgia sake. The last song played was, of course..."This is Why We Can't Have Nice Things." *cue the tears*

Also, yes, I did in fact run out of clothes. I'm the atypical girl who under packs for almost everything, so here I am rewearing my shorts. :upsidedow

It was a bit of a chilly morning, so here we are all bundled up at the bus stop, in our matching sweatshirts!!!

We hopped on a bus to DHS, then caught the boat to the Boardwalk!

We had never had breakfast (or any meal) at Trattoria before, but WOWZA, I really loved it. This was also another opportunity for us to get some characters meet&greets in.

I'll show the food first!

The pastries brought out at the beginning were so fun! I love Tangled a lot, so this entire breakfast made my heart happy.

"Frying pans! Who knew, right?"

Dad's meal had King Triton's trident, which was super cute.

Mine was the only meal without any specific theming, but mannnnn was it GOOD. I'm kind of picky when it comes to breakfast. This meal was practically lunch, so it was right up my alley. :teeth:

The food and service were seriously so good. We've tried several different breakfasts every trip, but this was definitely my favorite! Beats Crystal Palace, Akershus, and 1900 Park Fare for me, personally.

The character interactions were also great. I'm all about the princesses, so getting to meet Rapunzel, Flynn, Ariel, and Eric was a treat.

*Please note the progression of our alertness in these pics. This was barely after 8 and we had already been awake for a couple hours. The first pictures are us basically sleeping standing up. We slowly become a bit more conscious. :) *

Eric talked to us for a really long time, but he was super mumbly and I'm not going to lie--we have no idea what he was saying to us. Something about a fish I assume, because out of nowhere he got quiet, scratched his chin, and then pops up with fish lips?

Hopefully, he was not attempting to prompt us to take a picture with him like that. Because we missed the memo.

His princess was much more literate and enunciated a bit better. :laughing:

Flynn was also awesome. The amount of flirty to where you don't question his faithfulness to Rapunzel, but where you can still recognize where his Smolder comes from ;)

Overall, my family really enjoyed this breakfast! The transportation getting to the Boardwalk was a bit of a hassle, but that's how it always is going from resort to resort. It was worth it to us, though!!

Loving your report!

I hope you've started to watch Star Wars by now!! My BF made me watch them and I am a total addict!

Yes!! I watched episode four in it's entirety and quite enjoyed it! Now that I am home from camp, I plan to sit down and get serious about it all.

Thanks for joining in! :yay:

I love your report!! It is so happy and fun! I am glad you are continuing it.

Thank you for sticking with me! It was a fun trip, that's for sure. I know that my TR fails to capture a good chunk of our laughs and memories, but I'm happy that you've been able to pick up on some of it. :flower:

YAY YOU'RE BACK!! :cheer2:

It looks like you guys enjoyed Epcot so much!! All of the photos you captured show how happy you guys were to be on the rides/at the park in general! Ya'll have such nice smiles!

I totally agree with you on 'Ohana! Best restaurant on property! And POG = life.

The GF and closing MK sound like a wonderful way to round out that day!

Your Trattorina photos!! That Punzie is gorgeous, I'm so glad you enjoyed the breakfast!! I still haven't done it yet, I really want to!

YAY YOU'RE BACK!! :cheer2:

It looks like you guys enjoyed Epcot so much!! All of the photos you captured show how happy you guys were to be on the rides/at the park in general! Ya'll have such nice smiles!

I totally agree with you on 'Ohana! Best restaurant on property! And POG = life.

The GF and closing MK sound like a wonderful way to round out that day!

Your Trattorina photos!! That Punzie is gorgeous, I'm so glad you enjoyed the breakfast!! I still haven't done it yet, I really want to!

Yes! So good to be back! We love Ohana so much it's not even real. It's just so dang good!!

Highly recommend Trattoria! So yummy!

Love your sweatshirts. So adorable!

Thank you! It took us until the last night to find ones we liked haha.

I didn’t remember the fish lips. Kind of creepy.

It was incredibly strange, that's for sure.

Hi! Found your report yesterday and have enjoyed reading! I really do not like Splash either (and usually make an excuse to not ride it). Good for you for riding twice! I do not do RnR but I did muster up the courage to ride ToT a few trips ago. I still don't like it, but I do it for the family--1x per trip! I think you can do it!! I was really interested to read your thoughts on H&V Thanksgiving lunch. We have that scheduled for our trip, but I'm thinking about making a change. We also have dinner that evening with friends at Turf Club, so maybe we will do QS. Thanks for sticking with it and finishing up the report! Sounds like a great trip!

Hi! Found your report yesterday and have enjoyed reading! I really do not like Splash either (and usually make an excuse to not ride it). Good for you for riding twice! I do not do RnR but I did muster up the courage to ride ToT a few trips ago. I still don't like it, but I do it for the family--1x per trip! I think you can do it!! I was really interested to read your thoughts on H&V Thanksgiving lunch. We have that scheduled for our trip, but I'm thinking about making a change. We also have dinner that evening with friends at Turf Club, so maybe we will do QS. Thanks for sticking with it and finishing up the report! Sounds like a great trip!

:welcome:

For H&V, I think a lot of our disappointment just came from the fact that it was the anticipated and hyped-up Thanksgiving! We really wanted Liberty Tree or Garden Grill, but could not get in, so that kind of already put us in a funk about the lunch. The characters were really fun, so that was a plus! But, the food was just kind of "ehh." Definitely not bad! But, in our opinion, there is a lot better in Disney. Especially for Thanksgiving.

My final update on this TR!!! Wowza. Thanks for journeying with me, friends.
-------------------------------------------------

After our delicious breakfast, we took our time walking down the boardwalk over to the bus. The decorations did not disappoint, once again.

We hopped over to our last park--

Animal Kingdom!!

While on the bus, we saw a lot of deer!!

Blake also may or may not have fallen asleep on the bus ride. :rolleyes1

We got some coffee at Joffrey's on the way in the park again, because we definitely had way too many snack credits left haha!

Some nice water art was spotted on the way in!

We headed back to my favorite: Kilimanjaro Safari!! (Side note: I went to a drive-thru zoo near Houston here the other day and it was just absolutely pitiful in comparison. Disney really does spoil ya.)

Giraffes are my favorite :)

We had a fastpass for the long anticipated Flight of Passage!!

Oh my goodness gracious. I know that I am late on this whole FoP review thing, but if you have been living under a rock and have yet to hear about/experience this attraction, please change that ASAP. Disney has outdone themselves again. Wow wow wow.

After that, we caught a showing of FotLK. I will forever adore this show and all of the color and energy involved.

We took some tree pictures to show off our sweatshirts. :cutie:

Sad story: as I mentioned before--I've been at camp all summer. A few weeks ago, on Independence Day, my fellow counselors and I celebrated by watching some fireworks from the top of a big parking garage. I took my sweatshirt up on the garage to use as a blanket to sit on and I LEFT IT. I real life cried when I made the discovery the next day, but the sweatshirt was gone. :( I have looked on every website ever and can not locate that sweatshirt for the life of me. If anyone reading this happens to know of where I could find one, please please please let me know. I loooooved this sweatshirt.

My family always seems to find an excuse not to do Kali River Rapids because we always regret it for the rest of the day in our soggy shoes. But we sacrificed for the sake of Olivia never having done KRR before. :teeth:

We faired pretty poorly and decided the best plan of action would be to sun for a bit as we ate some lunch, so we grabbed some barbecue from Flame Tree (well--I ran over to Yak and Yeti Local Foods Cafe) and found a spot by the pond in the sunshine.

We had a late evening flight, but our Magical Express was picking us up in the late afternoon (I love ME, but four hours early is just soooo early!), so we had to be back at the resort fairly soon at this point.

We decided to grab one last snack: our AK favorite--soft-serve ice cream. I was incredibly disappointed to discover that there was no cookies n cream soft serve like there has been our past few visits. In lieu of chocolate or vanilla, I opted for a Mickey head, because I had not had one yet. Plus, I figured what better way to end a trip!

We took our time heading out through the Oasis and said our last goodbyes. Here we are on our last bus.

It is always a bit hard for me to be super joyful in the last few hours of our vacation.

We bussed back to FW and caught our bus with no delay or problems. And just like that, we were whisked away from the magic.

Our flight landed in Houston at about 11pm and us girls had to drive back to school because we had 8am classes the next morning! :scared: (I had two exams the next day!! Yikes!)

We ended up getting in to College Station at about 2 am and I legitimately had to pull over on the side of the freeway to switch with Olivia for driving even though it was only a couple hours, haha. #pathetic

As sad as our last few hours were, the trip was so incredible and this TR fails to reveal even a glimpse of the laughter we had and memories we made. Hopefully, I was able to convey at least a little bit how much fun my family had showing my friends the "Disney ropes." We are eagerly attempting to put together another "friend" trip!

Also, as a last little thing: I put together a video featuring different moments of our trip, if you care to see! I'll drop the link in the next post.

OMG I loved your trip report. I never ever comment, but the trip report and video were so good the video actually had my crying, what wonderful memories you will have. My 3 kids and myself have been going to Disney every December for 25 years, our family tradition. This year when I am there in December, I am going to hunt for that same sweatshirt that you lost. I hope I find it so I can send it to you. I will be back in touch in December to let you know if I can find it.

I loved your report and I hope you do another one!
But the important question: did you all do well on your exams??

OMG I loved your trip report. I never ever comment, but the trip report and video were so good the video actually had my crying, what wonderful memories you will have. My 3 kids and myself have been going to Disney every December for 25 years, our family tradition. This year when I am there in December, I am going to hunt for that same sweatshirt that you lost. I hope I find it so I can send it to you. I will be back in touch in December to let you know if I can find it.

Thank you so much! I love Disney at Christmas!! So magical.

And oh my goodness, that would absolutely make my entire life. I've resigned myself to thinking it does not exist, so evidence that I am incorrect would be the best news!

I loved your report and I hope you do another one!
But the important question: did you all do well on your exams??

Thank you!! Our exams were a bit all over the board :rolleyes1 I got lucky! My early morning exam for Monday was in Arabic and my professor had mercy on me and told me not to "dare take the exam until Friday."

I found the sweatshirt https://www.yourwdwstore.net/Disney...id-Santa-Mickey-Mouse-Sweatshirt_p_29196.html but idk if it's still available! Maybe they'll come back out with it closer to Christmas

Oh WOW!!! I'm going to keep an eye on it! Wow, this is the best news! Thank you, thank you!

Just found your trip report. HOWDY!!! FTAC '03 here! Can't wait to read it all! :thumbsup2

WHOOP! Howdy! Wow, so cool! Welcome!

Ok. We are going to do this again in January with a new group of first time Disney girls. Ready to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!