This isn't a rumor, just a question...

babar

<font color=red>Has many quirks</font><br><font co
I've never posted on this section before, and I don't know how to search on these new boards to see if this question has been asked before, but...

I loved the Raiders of the Lost Ark ride in Disneyland. Will they ever build that in WDW. I know Dinosaur is supposed to be like it, but it's not as good in my opinion.

thanks for answering,
andrea:p

There was a rumor floating around that they would replace the show at MGM with the ride but I doubt it would happen.

I've been lobbying for this ride at WDW for several years, since it represents the finest work WDI has done to date. I believe that this ride can/should be built in WDW.

Several months ago I outlined a possible scenario(solely based on speculation)which would place the Indy ride next to and behind the stunt show at MGM. I believe there's room in that area in much the same way that there was at Disneyland when they built the show building out into the parking lot to make room for it.

Despite my optimism however, I would not look for any such announcements anytime soon. Things are looking down with regard to large scale projects these days. Perhaps when the smoke clears in a couple of years we might begin to see some big things happening at the parks. Until then I'm afraid it's just wishful thinking.

Man that Indy is one great ride isn't it?

I don't think Indiana Jones Adventure will be built at WDW anytime soon.

The Disney-MGM Studios, the most logical location for this ride, are probably the park that needs new attractions the least, having just gotten WWTBAM and RnRC as well as Fantasmic in the last few years.

While it is perceivable that Indy could go into the MK, its spot in Adventureland is pretty much reserved for Fire Mountain, which would attract a larger audience and is cheaper to build.

I do agree that it would make an excellent addition to either park.

I think its unlikely, In my opinion, Disney is, AND SHOULD be avoiding duplication of major rides in all the parks.
Dinosaur while not as good is exactly the kind of thing I want them to do, take the mechinism and build a different theme.

In my opinion, the biggest difference in those two rides having riden both within a year and a half of each other (CTX not Dino)is the strength of the characters in riders minds. Its possible the physical themeing is slightly better at Indy, but in reality, its the fact that its Indiana Jones, a property that has brand appeal and recognition that draws the crowds. So, I don't expect to see a repeat of the expensive and from what I've heard, flaky ride mechinism in MGM or MK. The next E-ticket will likely be a Soarin Over something ride. Which if the right subject is used could blow SoC out of the water for little extra cost.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter