• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

This makes sense to me

exDS vet

"How in the world can the words that I said send s
I think it's a good idea for them to convert a flagship Disney Store such as 5th Avenue into a World of Disney. This makes sense because then the company will still have a retail outlet in a major U.S. city. It is a bit like when the Disney Stores first opened. If the store becomes part of the parks, it will certainly have a better product mix and I would expect to see all collectibles return.

I used to work at the Post Street Disney Store in S.F. and it's a shame to see what that store has become. That was the first expanded "flagship" Disney Store. It would be nice to see that become a WOD store, but I'm sure it won't because of the store at DLR. In any case, the WOD format could be slightly expanded to include stores in other major cities, i.e. Las Vegas, Chicago, etc. and keep it relatively small and very unique, just like the original Disney Stores were.

As for the current Disney Stores. We all know that they are either going to be sold off or closed. I would fully support the complete closure of the chain in favor of a rebirth in the form of WOD stores, but as I said, in only a few major cities, and definately with the product mix that the two other WOD stores have.

I and others have said this is probably a better strategy for Disney overall.... far fewer stores, but make the stores more of an experience.

But I have to admit that the demise of FAO would give me pause before okaying that kind of change.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter