This Sparks Joy! A Feb/Mar 2019 Birthday Trip NEW 7/6 x2 THE END of an Amazing Healing Trip!!

You know I'm in to hear all about it...and I can live my birthday vicariously through your day there (the 23rd)!!

I'll inevitably get behind and then have to read a billion pages to get back on track, but that's part of the fun, LOL!!

So glad you were able to get some happy back :hug:

Happy Belated Birthday! Love seeing your pictures, this board is making me so excited to go back to WDW! Also love seeing other adults-only Birthday trips! We're planning a kid-free trip for my 30th next year and my family thinks I'm nuts! (I don't care, the trip will be magical!)

Following!!!

Thank you and welcome!!

First page! Who am I!?!?

Excited to hear more about this trip! I followeed along on insta but excited to hear all the details!

LOL yay! Thanks for following along! Hope you have a magical trip in a few weeks!

Fitting in anything Disney is always nice! But how hard was it to go to goofys kitchen and not hit up a park?!?!?

It was SOOOOO hard! LOL. But I guess knowing I was so close going to WDW it was ok. I did walk through DTD for a bit and got myself an Earl of Sandwich for the flight back home!

For airport/hotel food that actually looks really good!

It is quite good indeed! A great option if you're staying in the airport and are tired of food courts!

Omg the gym??!?! This is vacation, granted I don’t go to the gym when I’m not on vacation so I probably shouldn't say that!

LOL told ya Steve is a little crazy!
You had me at the Marie Kondo reference. I'm in! :mickeyjum Also, how blessed were you to get a fam photo with Pluto instead of Goofy? The dream. :goodvibes

Haha I love Marie Kondo but she and I are complete opposites. I tend to live in...chaos, which I try and organize. Try is the key word, LOL.
Everyone was wondering why we got Pluto instead of Goofy! But that's ok as we have one with Goofy from a few years ago so getting Pluto was awesome!

I remember thinking how awesome it was for you to be able to escape to your happy place for your birthday after a tough ending to 2018! The happiness is all over your face for sure!!

Thank you so much!! I was SOOO happy and felt like all the heavy emotions were finally gone and I got to be...free.
Truly grateful to have been able to do this trip.

Here!

I’ll come back to read later! :goodvibes

ok!

Joining in! Can't wait to hear about your trip!

Thank you!! Welcome to the latest TR!

Thanks for joining!

Yea! Happy belated birthday; I'm excited to see you back on the boards with another trip report!

thank you so much!!

Joining in!

Thank you for joining!

Hi, Su-Lynn! I feel like I haven’t seen you around the boards in a long time! Happy to see you back!

Oh, and :bday:

Thanks Kelly! Can't wait to see you next month!

I need to copy some of this paragraph for my next intro! Peoplemover is awesome; everytime someone asks me what are my favorite characters I can't choose; and I agree with the Disney math!

LOL I think great minds think like...or is it Disney fools seldom differ? :laughing:

Goal for me for May! Remember to call Steve, Chubby Hubby!

Haha that would be really funny. You should totally just call him that!

I'm here! I hope you never stop taking Disney trips so I will always have fun things to read. ;) So excited to hear more.

thank you so much for reading! I hope to always be taking disney trips too! It just seems to be part of my life now!

:bday: Happy Belated, Su-Lynn! Your trip reports help me scratch my itch until I go back, can’t wait to read more.

Thank you so much! I hope you get to scratch your itch soon!

Happy Belated Birthday! Love seeing your pictures, this board is making me so excited to go back to WDW! Also love seeing other adults-only Birthday trips! We're planning a kid-free trip for my 30th next year and my family thinks I'm nuts! (I don't care, the trip will be magical!)

Thank you so much! You are going to have an amazing time on an adults-only trip. The pace is so different and you can basically just do what you want to do. :)
Have a magical trip!

Joining in! I've read some of your past TRs and just recently found your Crazy Dis Asians report and have been reading through that, too!

I am so very sorry about your dad :hug:. I lost my dad to pancreatic cancer in December 2013.

I was happy to read about your good experience at the Hyatt MCO - we'll be staying there for the first time in May. We arrive at 9pm and will also use Hyatt points, so it seemed to make the most sense!

Can't wait to read more!

Joining in!! Though I'm sure to get woefully behind as I usually do :rotfl2: Plus we are leaving in two days for our next cruise! Can't wait to follow along on another epic TR! :cheer2:

Sorry, I'm late. Darn work always gets in the way. Now going back to read! :thumbsup2

Hi Karin, great to see you here!

Woo hoo another Chunky/ Crazy Dis Asian TR. can’t wait to read more !

Thank you for joining!

You know I'm in to hear all about it...and I can live my birthday vicariously through your day there (the 23rd)!!

Yay! Happy Belated!! :)

I'll inevitably get behind and then have to read a billion pages to get back on track, but that's part of the fun, LOL!!

Yes it is! Which reminds me I have to catch up on your NYE TR! I think I have read most of it!

So glad you were able to get some happy back :hug:

Thank you, me too!!

Joining in! I've read some of your past TRs and just recently found your Crazy Dis Asians report and have been reading through that, too!

Hi thank you so much for joining this TR! I totally remember you! Thank you for reading!

I am so very sorry about your dad :hug:. I lost my dad to pancreatic cancer in December 2013.

Thank you. I am so sorry for your loss too. It's so hard to lose a parent. :hug:

I was happy to read about your good experience at the Hyatt MCO - we'll be staying there for the first time in May. We arrive at 9pm and will also use Hyatt points, so it seemed to make the most sense!

It's great! I was so pleasantly surprised at the renovations and it is really nice to be able to walk from your gate to your room without going outside!
Joining in!! Though I'm sure to get woefully behind as I usually do :rotfl2: Plus we are leaving in two days for our next cruise! Can't wait to follow along on another epic TR! :cheer2:

You guys will be Platinum before you know it!! I'm so jealous!!

Excited for this trip report! It looked like so much fun on instagram!

Thank you!!! It was really an awesome trip!

Joining in!

I feel like Disney has magical powers! I'm glad it gave you some joy!!

Cant wait to hear about the rest of the trip!

Thank you for joining!
Disney certainly has the magic!! I've never felt so happy and carefree for a long time!

Happy belated birthday!

Thank you so much!!

So happy there is another chunkymonkey trip report to read. I hope you had a fabulous vacation in Disney. I mean how can you not?

Last edited:
Well at least I made Page 2, but I have a good excuse, I was at WDW!

My friend even gifted me the points as a birthday present, so that was awesome!

Nice friend!

So this section is for me to store all my previous trip reports and PTRs! My signature was getting way to big so now I have a centralized place where I can refer everyone to them!

That's a good idea, but I think I have a long ways to go until I have that problem. Plus I'm not sure people go back and read my TRs! I'm lucky I have the readers that I do! :laughing:

my drawers of Disney clothes

I call that "my closets". OK, there is one part of the walk-in closet where I hang my "concert black" for performances.

I convinced everyone to have dinner at Goofy's Kitchen in the Disneyland Hotel.

Nice choice!

The flight was uneventful. We didn't eat anything as we weren't hungry and the flight was only 2 hours long. Before we knew it, we were in Orlando and headed to the faux monorail!

That must be nice to have such a short flight to get there, for us it's an all day experience both ways.

So...it was Princess Race weekend and I could not find a room under 700 dollars for the Friday night of our trip, so what do we do in that case? We stay at the Hyatt Regency right in the airport!

Yikes! Good choice!

BURRATA MOZZARELLA
Florida citrus, pickled mustard seeds, micro greens, fire roasted bread

I'm glad you clarified this. I was going to say that those were some pretty sorry looking tomatoes!

RIBEYE
HAND CUT 14 OZ ANGUS
heirloom tomatoes, red onions, frisée, arugula, chimichurri and smoked
organic mushroom

So was this Ribeye Tartare? or was it cooked?

So happy there is another chunckymonkey trip report to read. I hope you had a fabulous vacation in Disney. I mean how can you not?

Thank you so much and welcome!!
We indeed had a grand and miraculous time. I dnot' think I've ever had a bad Disney experience! I hope I never do!

Well at least I made Page 2, but I have a good excuse, I was at WDW!
\

Yay! Can't wait to read all about it!

Nice friend!

My Disney friends are the BEST :) ;)

That's a good idea, but I think I have a long ways to go until I have that problem. Plus I'm not sure people go back and read my TRs! I'm lucky I have the readers that I do! :laughing:

I totally read past TRs! So I think it's a good idea, you never know! Not everyone can see signatures especially when they read via mobile which I often do so sometimes I can't click on previous TRs anyways.

I call that "my closets". OK, there is one part of the walk-in closet where I hang my "concert black" for performances.

Yeah I have mostly work clothes and then Disney clothes, LOL

Nice choice!

It was! BTW, did you get my text? I am not sure you got it or not but I wanted to see if you happened to be in DLR on that day! I'm pretty sure you were not!

That must be nice to have such a short flight to get there, for us it's an all day experience both ways.

Yeah going cross country is always a time suck!

Yikes! Good choice!

Crazy! I didn't realize it was Princess weekend until after I booked and then was going to shift the dates a bit but ultimately since it was the last weekend of Festival of the Arts decided to keep it and I'm glad I did :)

I'm glad you clarified this. I was going to say that those were some pretty sorry looking tomatoes!

Haha they look like tomato seeds!

So was this Ribeye Tartare? or was it cooked?

It was cooked! Med rare, but maybe a bit more rare. Which is ok with us. It's better than being overcooked!

BTW @franandaj we're most likely going to be stopping by Anaheim in September, just trying to figure out dates.
I think we may actually have to postpone our Alaska cruise. Steve's dad is not doing well health wise and we don't know if we want to cruise by ourselves, think we just will spend more time in Cali with him.
We may book a shorter cruise instead on the Dream just to be able to cruise this year. Everything is so up in the air though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter