This Surprise Trip brought to you by Annual Passes! (With a little EPICness Sprinkled in)

Hi Everyone! Post coming after I reply to you lovely folks!

Wonderful start to a perfectly wonderful birthday surprise trip! I remember all of the fun posts about the decorating that Lesley did the birthday girl. How incredibly generous and sweet. :goodvibes That stinks about the sandwich. Yuck! :(
She really is. I knew she had some stuff, but I was surprised by the amount of balloon she blew up!

Joining in! Oh my goodness, what an amazing Birthday surprise! Such a great way to start the trip!
Thanks for Following along!

Joining in! What a great travel day (well besides the delays!) can't wait to read more!
Thanks for following along. The delays weren't great but they def could have been worse. Andy and I joked that we fly in Feb all the time and never have delays but we fly in May and have them!

Hi Ariella! I'm joining in and I can't wait to hear more. What an AWESOME birthday surprise!!!!
Hi Jenny!!! Thanks for coming over! Right, what is better than being in Disney on your birthday.

Joining in! The surprise went off so well! And I still think you have me beat in room picture taking ability lol. Looking forward to more!
Ha! it's ok we can be bad room photographers together! Did you get a bounce back rate that you wanted for next year?

Day One: Birthday Day!

I was so tired after Lesley left that I feel asleep while I was waiting for the girls to go bed. And promptly woke up at 1:00 AM and sat straight up in bed. You know that feeling? Well, I got up and laid out the Tinkerbell Gifts.

Tinkerbell Gifts for Birthday Day

My plan was to grab some goodies to put in that little bag, from the gift shop and EPCOT but that didn't happen.

But that didn't matter, Morgan was still very excitied when she woke up.
Still soaking it in

She was still a tiny bit tired this morning.

Morgan soaking it in

There was some sort of heated discussion between Morgan and Gwen and resulted with Morgan "locking" Gwen in the closet...
Mo locking Gwen in closet.
I don't know... Sisterly love, I guess.

Morning view
We took our time getting ready and checking out the view again.

bed head
Andy took these while I was showering.

View from our room
The view before any guests were allowed in. There were lifeguards every morning re-building that sand mound.

By 8:30 we were almost ready to go.
Morgan
We tried to get a good pic of Morgan for her yearly photo. This one is ok, but her glasses turned to sunglasses and you can't really see her face.

We headed down to the bus, and managed to get on a bus at 8:55.
Morgan on bus
I grabbed this one of Morgan, clearly she was excitied to be here!

Gwen refusing to sit
Gwen refused to sit for some reason. She likes to do this when she is still well rested. And then complain at the end of the night.

Our bus ride wasn't too bad and we were approaching the new at the time security tent at 9:15.
New Temp security area

And managed to get through in 5 mintues!

Morgan already hiding her shirt
By now, Morgan had, had every CM say happy birthday to her, and she was feeling self conscious about it. So, I caught her doing this alot. Carefully positioning her arms over the birthday girl part of her tank top.

Soon, we were walking down Main Street!
Main Street

Good Morning
We stopped for just a few seconds to listen the song, I want to say it was Spring Themed Song at the moment.

But didn't wait too long, as Morgan was itching to go on a ride and Andy was itching to get a photo.

Family Castle Pic
We grabbed a photo with a Photo Pass guy who didn't have a long line. I "think" this is the time that I remembered the guy. We had him a few years back and he was terrible! He tried to get a cute pic of the girls with there plush and the girls were just not into it. But this time was fine, it's a good picture!

After that, we headed towards Tommorrowland.

Gwen
With more Pictures on the way!

Morgan
I think we were trying to get a "good" pic. But apparently also torchure our 11 year old on her birthday!

Girls Selfie
Seriously, I always look like someone is pinching me or stepping on my foot when I take the selfie...

Making of selfie
And of course Andy took a picture of us taking the selfie.

Morgan declared enough is enough! Rides!!!!

Homeless Ducks
I snapped this while we were walking to Space Mountain. The moat was drained at the moment and the poor ducks looked like, "What the hell? Where is the Water?"

We got in line for Space Mountain. While we waited Andy put this together.
11 Years of Morgan

We were ready to ride at 9:39 (according to this picture)
Space Mountain

The Girls Ride Photo
As usual the girls rode with me and Andy with strangers.

Andy Space Mountain Ride Photo

Space was fun as always, although I think this trip is when said he may have to start skipping this ride. It's just too bumpy for his back and he can't brace himself since it is all in the dark.

After, Morgan said she wanted a Cinnamon Roll from Gaston's and since it was her birthday, that is what we did next.

Wonderland Slushy & Cheshire Cat Tail
We did pit stop and pick up these beauties.

Wonderland Slushy
Minute Maid® Raspberry Lemonade with Fanta® Grape and a Candy-coated Straw

It was good, and the straw made it super sweet! But I mean it's candy on a straw.

We took these with us to go and made our way over to Gaston's a little after 10:00.

Cinnamon Bun
Morgan got her Cinnamon Roll with Extra Icing!

Fruit and Cheese Picnic Platter
Gwen went with her macaroons.

And Andy and I split the Fruit and Cheese Picnic Platter. I wanted something a little less sweet. And it was good. My biggest complaint was that the crossant is stored with the cheese in the fridge. So, it wasn't great. But it hit the spot for something other than a giant sweet cinnamon roll.

Antlers
I tried to take some pictures inside. I LOVE this little place!

Beauty and the Beast is a favorite of mine.
Antler Chandalier by Ariella Saucier, on Flickr

And they delivered on Antlers everywhere!

Gwen in Gaston's Chair
Gwen got a photo op in the chair and we headed out!

Gaston Fountain

Up next a ride on the Wildest Ride in the Wilderness!

Looks like fun start to the day . I am starting to be like Andy re space mountain. When I went in May , I did DAH MK and thought for sure I would ride SM multiple times - nope twice was enough but I did ride BTMRR 5 times in a row instead

There was some sort of heated discussion between Morgan and Gwen and resulted with Morgan "locking" Gwen in the closet...

The things I have to look forward to! Love the balloons on the floor :)

This is awesome! What a cute kid!

Space was fun as always, although I think this trip is when said he may have to start skipping this ride. It's just too bumpy for his back and he can't brace himself since it is all in the dark.

My DH won’t ride this anymore! Makes me sad because I still love it.

Ha! it's ok we can be bad room photographers together! Did you get a bounce back rate that you wanted for next year?

I got something booked, but there's pretty much a 100% chance that I change it, as I couldn't get what I wanted. Oh well.

Mo locking Gwen in closet.
I don't know... Sisterly love, I guess.

View from our room
The view before any guests were allowed in. There were lifeguards every morning re-building that sand mound.

Pictures like this make me think water view may be almost worth it.

Gwen refusing to sit
Gwen refused to sit for some reason. She likes to do this when she is still well rested. And then complain at the end of the night.

Ugh, Alex is the same way! I swear I think our kids would get along too well.

By now, Morgan had, had every CM say happy birthday to her, and she was feeling self conscious about it. So, I caught her doing this alot. Carefully positioning her arms over the birthday girl part of her tank top.

Aw, that's actually really cute. I get it!

Morgan
I think we were trying to get a "good" pic. But apparently also torchure our 11 year old on her birthday!

Girls Selfie
Seriously, I always look like someone is pinching me or stepping on my foot when I take the selfie...

:rotfl: I always have to take at least 3 or 4 before I get a marginally acceptable selfie. It's still a really good picture, especially with the angle of the castle in the back.

11 Years of Morgan

This is such a great idea! Love love love it!

Wonderland Slushy & Cheshire Cat Tail
We did pit stop and pick up these beauties.

Wonderland Slushy
Minute Maid® Raspberry Lemonade with Fanta® Grape and a Candy-coated Straw

It was good, and the straw made it super sweet! But I mean it's candy on a straw.

We wanted to try one of those drinks but never got around to it! So I guess it's worth trying out?

Beauty and the Beast is a favorite of mine.
Antler Chandalier by Ariella Saucier, on Flickr

And they delivered on Antlers everywhere!

Gwen in Gaston's Chair
Gwen got a photo op in the chair and we headed out!

Gaston Fountain

Up next a ride on the Wildest Ride in the Wilderness!
The whole BatB area gives me the feels big time, but I think I like Gaston's area the best. The antler chandelier puts it over the top!

That was a great view from the balcony. Stormalong Bay looks so quiet and relaxing early in the morning, not the normal atmosphere in that area!

Aww, I understand where Morgan was coming from. Receiving all that attention can be hard for people who don't like to be in the spotlight. (I'm still the same way.)

Love her birthday mouse ears!

A cinnamon roll for breakfast sounds like the perfect start to a birthday at the Magic Kingdom. (But again, I understand where you're coming from with getting something less sugary early in the morning.)

We wanted to try one of those drinks but never got around to it! So I guess it's worth trying out?
If you like the slushies, then def. It really wasn't anything too special. But still fun. Gwen has a thing about paper straws, so she didn't even drink through it.

Ugh, Alex is the same way! I swear I think our kids would get along too well.
One day we will get our trips to overlap! One day.

I got something booked, but there's pretty much a 100% chance that I change it, as I couldn't get what I wanted. Oh well.
Bummer. But I know what you mean.

I love the Birthday Girl/Squad tees. What an adorable idea!!!!
Thanks! I wanted to get a colored shirt but they only did kids tank tops in white.

Aww, I understand where Morgan was coming from. Receiving all that attention can be hard for people who don't like to be in the spotlight. (I'm still the same way.)
Yeah, I totally got it. She always has this internal battle with wanting that kind of attention but at the same time not ACTUALLY wanting it. Which is why I think this trip meant so much to her. It really was for her.

Sounds like Morgan's birthday was off to a good start!!
The morning was!

Looks like a great start to her birthday morning!!
It was and we had a few extras to come!

Let me tell you.... this was the worst flight I have ever been on!!!!
Oh no! That's a whole lot of horrible.
At this point, I am not sure how long we waited but I think after the flight we didn't really care!
Just glad to be out of that tin can!
And of course, we went the wrong way and made our walk alot longer than it needed to be! But we found our room.
Apparently that map and compass on the floor are misleading.
They didn't! So, the girls put on there baithing suits to test out the pool. Andy and I decided against it as it was so late already.
If you're staying at Yacht Club, you gotta go to the pool!!!!
Morgan was super surpised and again I think still a little in shock about the whole trip!
That was a really neat surprise!
:rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl:
As usual the girls rode with me and Andy with strangers.
Sounds about right...
After, Morgan said she wanted a Cinnamon Roll from Gaston's and since it was her birthday, that is what we did next.
I approve of that choice! Those things are awesome!

Wouldn't I love to know what this was all about!!!

Oh poor thing. Funny how kids can be so different. I can imagine Gwen walking around with the same exact shirt on and her arms fully extended so EVERYONE could see it was her birthday

This is awesome!!!! May have to remember to steal this idea for Casey's bday

Those bday-day shirts are so cute! Funny that Morgan tried covering up her button lol. I soak in all that b-day attention when I wear that button!

Happy Sunday Everyone!

I am hoping to get a post up today! I have been trying to catch up on everyone else's trip reports. It is hard to keep up lately!!!

But first a few housekeeping replies.

Anyone with more than one kid finds this funny!

Apparently that map and compass on the floor are misleading.
Nope consider yourself warned, the carpet is not accurate!.

hat a fun morning! I love the shirts and Morgan’s Birthday ears!

We tried the Cheshire tail and drink in August, we liked it.
The Cheshire Tail has become a staple for us. There is almost never a line and easy to grab and go with it.

Wouldn't I love to know what this was all about!!!
I seriously have been racking my brain as to what spurred it but can't remmeber for the life of me. But really, with the two of them lately, it could have been anything. The older they get the more they fight.

Oh poor thing. Funny how kids can be so different. I can imagine Gwen walking around with the same exact shirt on and her arms fully extended so EVERYONE could see it was her birthday
Gwen would suprise you. She can be a closet shy person. She doesn't seem like she would be but sometimes it comes out HARD!!!! Which always so strange, because you don't expect it. Morgan, we always expect it.

Those bday-day shirts are so cute! Funny that Morgan tried covering up her button lol. I soak in all that b-day attention when I wear that button!
Thanks! I wasn't sure how she would react but I knew I wanted to make a big deal about it. Every once in awhile she has what I call the middle kid syndrome of thinking no one pays attention to her. So, I wanted to make sure she knew that this trip was for her and her only.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter