This was so neat!!!

FanOfStitch

DIS Veteran
So I just had to share with everyone the wonderful "magical moment" that I had on my recent trip to DL. As everyone knows, they have those happiest faces on earth pictures. When I was there I had tried to take a picture of all of them.

So I'm standing on mainstreet taking a picture of the huge Steamboat Willie picture when all of a sudden Minnie Mouse came walking right out of the door. It was about 9 or 9:30am. Anyway, I yelled to my son that Minnie was coming and that we needed to follow her to get in line for her autograph and picture. Next thing I know, Minnie grabs my hand and we started skipping down main street together. It was the neatest thing that has ever happened on one of my trips to WDW or DL. I just wish my son would have been holding the camera instead of myself. I didn't even think about it at the time. I was having so much fun!! :Pinkbounc

Since I am young enough that it is a possiblity that I will be around for the 100th, I just think this is the coolest memory to have when I take my son, his children, and probably grandchildren to the 100th and be able to share it with them. And of course, to share it with all of the helpful DISers out there.

Something similar happened to my 7-year old daughter this past trip over Memorial Day.
We were just about to get in line for the Matterhorn shortly after DL opened, and who should pass by but Peter Pan and Wendy. They saw my daughter and grabbed her hand and all three started skipping thru Fantasyland. With my wife and 5-year old son, we had a hard time keeping up(and no, we didn't skip-we had to practically run). They finally stopped between Dumbo and Casey Jr where they sat on the ground and played games along with just chatting to our two kids.
It was a magical experience that I'm sure she'll never forget!

I hadn't thought about being around for the 100th, lol!

What a wonderful memory for you! I have to say, the CMs who are in costume really do bring a special magic to the parks!

I just can't figure out how Minnie could skip! Wow! I was called on to be Chuck E. Cheese when I worked for them, and I could barely walk under all that fur and with those big feet! Being in costume is not a fun job...or it wasn't for me! To be able to do that job and do it really well is a gift!

I *loved* both of your stories!! SO sweet! :goodvibes

When we went for my birthday a couple of weeks ago we were right behind the castle, next to Tink's Toy Shop. Snow White was on one side with about 4 people in line waiting to take pics with her and Cinderella (my FAVORITE) was on the otherside with a HUGE line! I turned around and saw Suzy Mouse walking through the line and saying hi to all of the waiting kids. Right when I saw her, she looked up, then came over and started interacting with me. She was so cute! My DH2B came over to take a pic of us and right when he was about to push the button, she lifted her skirt like a curtsy, so I did the same! It was so fun and one of the most memorable experiences I've ever had at Disney (and I've had a lot of experiences at Disney! LOL) I have the pic, but I look AWFUL in it!

lntsmom said:
I hadn't thought about being around for the 100th, lol!

What a wonderful memory for you! I have to say, the CMs who are in costume really do bring a special magic to the parks!

I just can't figure out how Minnie could skip! Wow! I was called on to be Chuck E. Cheese when I worked for them, and I could barely walk under all that fur and with those big feet! Being in costume is not a fun job...or it wasn't for me! To be able to do that job and do it really well is a gift!
Minnie's main hindrance is just the head. The rest of her costume is mostly tights (although, I do think she has a little padding around her mid-section).

BTW, the pic of your boys is really adorable! :teeth:

My daughter is fortunate enough to have a few incredible experiences at Disneyland mostly with Alice and the Mad Hatter...I think they like her name :goodvibes

The first one is when we were standing in line for autographs with Alice and Mad Hatter and when we get to them they asker her name, when she told them Alice, the looked over to me for confirmation and I nodded yes indeed, so Alice stood up and yelled over to Cinderella who was closer to the Castle "ha ha how many little girls come to the park named Cinderella, this little girl has my name" and the Mad Hatter said "we must have a tea party" and pulled a tea pot and cup out of his coat and served pretend tea to her and the other little kids in line, it was so cute" (who knew he carried those around?)

The second is a time we were walking down Main Street and we spotted Alice in the Carnation Cafe and we walked in and she asked if my little girl wanted to play musical chairs, I said of course. There were about 6 kids, Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum and Alice playing, The Mad Hatter officiated and the Queen of Hearts was the judge, the characters of course lost first and then held the hands of the smaller kids trying to get their kid to win and the two Alice's came in second :flower:

I think the character experiences are so wonderful at Disneyland, she has even danced with princesses in the Animation Studio in California Adventures. I never did this as a kid!

I'll be 77 and ready to go for the 100th with my little girl and hopefully my grandkids too.

:3dglasses

The best memory from this trip was with Mickey and my DFi we stayed in line to get our picture taken with Mickey mouse, took the picture, I thanked Mickey and went to go leave, I noticed that Adam my Dfi wasnt with me and that he was still with Mickey, it turns out Mickey really liked Dfi's shirt!! He was wearing is "Happy Tree's shirt" the PBS painter Bob Ross, and Mickey knew who that was! I almost died laughing and none of the CMs around Mickey had any idea about what was so interesting about his shirt :rotfl2: but Mickey kept poking the shirt and nodding! I shall take that experience with me for quite some time. :Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter