This weekend 3/4 November

buffettgirl

The whole tag thing, so 1990's internet.
Trump will be in hawaii these days with a visit to the Arizona and word is he is now planning on staying in Waikiki. Don't plan to be anywhere near either of these places this weekend. :( That would include the airport - air force one lands and is parked at Hickam, so if you're flying that weekend plan accordingly. Watch the news for more info. Hopefully, he'll rethink and stay at the marine base on Kaneohe but the news is reporting today that he's staying in waikiki.

so for anyone here now, here are the closures as they're being reported. Basically, don't try to go anywhere tomorrow. Even though the closures aren't starting until about 2, you're going to have rush hour traffic levels from at least noon onward.

WAIKIKI (HawaiiNewsNow) - The president's visit Friday is expected to cause significant traffic delays thanks to road closures along his motorcade route and in Waikiki.
President Donald Trump and the first lady are scheduled to land Friday afternoon and the couple will be staying in the state's top tourist destination.

Shortly after landing, the president is expected to head to Pearl Harbor.

Clyde Ho, HPD assistant chief, said that between 2 and 3 p.m., traffic will be shut down "in the eastbound direction through the Waikiki area."

But the traffic is expected to be at its worst from 4 to 5 p.m., when H-1 westbound lanes close as the president heads from Waikiki to Pearl Harbor.

As the president makes his way back to Waikiki between 7 to 8 p.m., H-1 eastbound will be closed again.

During the freeway closures, traffic will be pushed to surface streets. And that means drivers should expect heavy delays through the urban core.
"Anything going eastbound is to be difficult that day," said Ed Sniffen, deputy director for the state Transportation Department.

Is he staying in the Trump hotel near Halekunali? That would be a nightmare for any hotels in that area.

Is he staying in the Trump hotel near Halekunali? That would be a nightmare for any hotels in that area.
Going by the road closures that were posted last night, it looks like he's staying at the Ritz Carlton which is sort of behind where Trump hotel is. But it's less impact because you can still drive around in other ways.

I think it is great that Trump is showing support for our military heros. I think we can all tolerate a minor inconvenience with detours. So we just have to spend a little more time relaxing by the pool with a tropical drink enjoying the lovely views......not a bad gig.

I think it is great that Trump is showing support for our military heros. I think we can all tolerate a minor inconvenience with detours. So we just have to spend a little more time relaxing by the pool with a tropical drink enjoying the lovely views......not a bad gig.
some of us have to pick up our kids from school and get home and drive home from work. Not all of us are sitting by the pool with a tropical drink. LOL

some of us have to pick up our kids from school and get home and drive home from work. Not all of us are sitting by the pool with a tropical drink. LOL
Yeah, my boss came through and basically told everybody to get the heck out of Dodge. Lol I was really grateful because I have to drive towards Waikiki to get home. Two of my coworkers do not have vehicles but live near me, so I drop them off in order to prevent them from being stuck on the bus for hours this afternoon. I know two of my coworkers left the same time as I did to get their kids from school early.

I got to my son's school an hour early just to make sure I was there. The parking lot was already packed, so I think a lot of parents who normally come home from work in downtown later, were getting out. For a while earlier, our gate at our community was blocked as somehow they decided to go on 201 and get off at Red Hill and get back on. It was odd, and of course, no one expected that closure, and it was at school dismissal time and there is an elementary school in red hill that was impacted and no one told them they would be. avoided the highway to get home by coming dillingham / nimitz and it wasn't bad. About 45 min. I'm a bit surprised that they haven't spoken at all about closures in the morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter