This will probably be unpopular...

Magic-cruiser

Much more betterer
I always see all these posts with people all excited about their Mickey Bars, and Mickey Waffles.
Do you folks honestly like Mickey Bars and Mickey Waffles, or is it more the tradition and memories of having them? Is it the novelty of eating something Mickey - shaped? I think Mickey Bars are really rather average, and difficult to eat. Almost as soon as you bite it, the chocolate starts to fall apart. As for the waffles, I think they are terrible, and really greasy, and they don't taste like a waffle at all.

My kids like Mickey bars. I don't care anything about them. We all like Mickey waffles for what they are, but im not under the impression that they are gourmet, lol.

You will probably get more responses on the restaurant forum as that is where Disney food is discussed. But to answer your question, I LIKE the bars enough, but I don't care for the waffles.

You're probably right, Jennais (great name!), and to be honest I thought about that.
Perhaps a mod might lend an opinion.
Thanks.

The waffles depend. If they are the freshly made ones with the yummy toppings, like what they used to have at Roaring Fork at Wilderness Lodge, then yes, I love them. If they are the bulk made, reheated things off most of the buffets, and now at Roaring Fork, then no, they aren't that great. I seriously was considering staying at POFQ because they still have the made to order waffles (or more made to order than the buffets and some other places). Now Sleepy Hollow waffles, even though they aren't Mickey shaped, taste an awful lot like the good Mickey waffles. Guessing they use the same batter. So if I'm really craving a decent waffle, I can always go there too.
Oh, and I enjoy a Mickey bar. My dad and I used to eat them together when I was little. And I like the fact they are dark chocolate :)

I like the Mickey Bars! But ya can’t eat them outside in the Florida heat. my fav Disney snack is Dole Whip!

Last edited:
I like the taste of the mickey bars, but my family can't have them b/c of the corn syrup in the ice cream.

The waffles are terrible.

Disney is the only place where I can order gluten free waffles.

I wonder if someone who has had both can talk about if they taste different from each other...

I'm not big on either. I've found that a lot of foods that people rave about I just don't get. Schoolbread, turkey legs,citrus swirls, waffles, mickey bars, butterfinger cupcake are all on that list.

The waffles depend. If they are the freshly made ones with the yummy toppings, like what they used to have at Roaring Fork at Wilderness Lodge, then yes...
Were you ever lucky enough to have the fresh ones they used to make in the Wonders Of Life Pavilion? Those were amazing!

LOL! Mickey Bars are definitely not my ice cream of choice at WDW. I'd rather go for a Plaza sundae, ice cream in France or Ample Hills, but I have had one and thought it was pretty good!

I love Mickey Waffles. I don't eat a lot of sweet breakfast items on a regular basis but will typically eat at least one Mickey Waffle on a trip. If it were shaped like a regular waffle, would I eat it? No, probably not!

Sadly, never had the waffles at the Wonders of Life pavilion. That was around when I was a kid, and we usually ate in Germany when my dad was with us. My mom also hated the body wars ride so we didn't go to that pavilion often.

LOL! Mickey Bars are definitely not my ice cream of choice at WDW. I'd rather go for a Plaza sundae, ice cream in France or Ample Hills, but I have had one and thought it was pretty good!

I love Mickey Waffles. I don't eat a lot of sweet breakfast items on a regular basis but will typically eat at least one Mickey Waffle on a trip. If it were shaped like a regular waffle, would I eat it? No, probably not!

Oh, man, that ice cream shop in France is one of my favorites. I love the chocolate macaroon ice cream sandwich. I get one every time I am in Epcot. I've ditched my group just to run over to France to get one :goodvibes

My oldest son likes the waffles... at least he eats them. he is a real picky eater.... i don't eat 'em... typically because there is always something better on the menu. I also don't eat the Mickey Bars.. too messy but the kids do... then again, what kid doesn't want an ice cream bar...

I think Mickey bars are fine, I mean pretty much like a Klondike bar or something you buy at the store. If I am watching what I eat or trying not to overdo the sugar, then it would not be my first choice, but who is trying to do that on vacation?

So I think some of it is the "fun" of the shape and some of it is that people indulge on vacation or associate things with vacation. I think a lot of the Disney sweet treats especially get way overblown because people aren't having dessert with every meal in real life.

OMG......Where do you get your waffles. I have a Mickey Waffle as part of my breakfast meal every morning and they are the lightest, most delicious waffle I ever had. As for the Mickey Ice Cream, YUM. I get my waffle and ice cream treat in ten more days and I can hardly wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter