This will probably be unpopular...

Mickey Bars are okay - I like to have one during a trip, but I don't think they are better than other ice cream treats out in the real world. The Mickey Waffles though, are really good. I like how fluffy they are.

The waffles depend. If they are the freshly made ones with the yummy toppings, like what they used to have at Roaring Fork at Wilderness Lodge, then yes, I love them...

I always see all these posts with people all excited about their Mickey Bars, and Mickey Waffles.
Do you folks honestly like Mickey Bars and Mickey Waffles, or is it more the tradition and memories of having them...

I cannot speak to Mickey Bars, but Mickey Waffles are absolutely a memory/being in WDW type thing. UNLESS, you get them freshly made. So at AKL, I get them for our family as soon as Mara opens. Like there are coming out of the maker and onto my plate. Then they are delicious with whipped cream and blueberry or strawberry.

I’m not a big ice cream fan but I do prefer the ice cream sandwiches over the Mickey bars if I’m going to have something. I do love those Mickey waffles though!

I can honestly say that I love them both!! They're my favorite waffles. I don't eat breakfast often at home but always get a tusker house and 1900 park fare breakfast in Disney just for those waffles so I can shove about 10 of them down my throat... Everything I purchase before a trip up here in PA, I say, out loud (example) "hmmm 35 dollars for groceries, I could be buying 6 mickey bars and cover the tax with this 35 dollars". Then I reconsider everything I don't really need and put stupid stuff back hahaha

I love Mickey waffles!!!! The novelty shape is fun, of course, but I actually like them for the taste as well, and have tried to duplicate the recipe at home (unsuccessfully so far).

I have nothing against the Mickey bars, but I'm not overly attached to them. If I really want ice cream, I want gelato in Epcot, and if I'm really just hot and want something frozen from a cart, I want a fruity popsicle.

Haven't had a Mickey bar in decades. Do get the waffle but I like waffles. Not saying they are the best I have ever had but I have never had a greasy one.

We never had greasy waffles either and our DDs love them so we are talking about a LOT of waffles over the 30+ trips:laughing: I definitely like to try and get the freshly made ones though. I find that they taste like a waffle:) Plus, it's our family tradition that you have to eat Mickey's ears first:rotfl2:
Rarely have a Mickey bar, we much rather have ice cream from one of the shops.

Last edited:
I'm not a big ice cream or waffle fan, so in 30 trips I've never had either one.

I have had a couple Dole whips, but I can make them at home too (it's very, very simple).

I think folks think it's cute, and many enjoy ice cream when it's hot out. I do like ice cream, but the bars are messy and way too big for me.

Never had the waffles. Not my thing. My kids have always loved the Mickey head popsicles. I don't get it, but they love them. I also didn't got the dole whip thing...at first. Had my first one after about 10 trips and was like....huh???? Nothing special. But after having a few more, now I love them....especially with rum. My son likes the churros and I don't get that either. DDs always drool over the popcorn. Blech. My weakness are the salted caramels in Germany.

One morning I went down to Capt. Cook's and ordered an extra crispy Mickey Waffle (comes w/ sausage or bacon) just to see what it was all about.
There was no maple syrup only pancake syrup, so I spread a little strawberry jam on it using real butter first.
Yes. I'm serious about my waffles :D.
It was already soggy on the bottom when delivered and not my idea of extra crispy.
Chalked it up to $7.50 wasted since 2 bites in I threw it in the garbage.
Oh it was edible alright but I just didn't feel like gaining calories on something that wasn't what I wanted.

When he was young and still going to WDW with me, my son adored Mickey bars. Had to get at least one every trip.

Usually in the heat of the day, I prefer frozen lemonade or a kakigori. The ice cream is too rich in the Florida sun IMO.

Mickey waffles or Mickey pretzels are another story. I love them. The shape does improve the flavor. :)

I like the waffles. The shape has nothing to do with it (the Simba ones at Boma taste the same). I have never found them to be greasy at all.

I am not a fan of the Mickey bars, though. I say bring back the old school ones with the creepy face and just the ears had the chocolate shell. Like a few others have mentioned, I much prefer the ice cream sandwich.

I also didn't got the dole whip thing...at first. Had my first one after about 10 trips and was like....huh???? Nothing special. But after having a few more, now I love them....especially with rum.

Well, yeah, rum. :):)

Fwiw they’ve changed the ingredients on dole whip a few times since at least 2007ish. I’ve paid close attention since they used to have corn syrup solids (dole whip and my son’s reaction to it at 3 years old helped us hone in on his sensitivities), and now they don’t.

That first time we had it I thought it was so gross. But as ingredients changed so did the taste, just a bit, and just enough so I am ok with them now. And rum helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!