This will probably be unpopular...

My husband loves Mickey bars, but he also likes those klondike ones, so it makes sense, I would rather have a cone or sundae. I really like the Mickey waffles, never had a greasy one. I don't eat anything on them, so I love how portable and easy to eat they are for a quick breakfast before the parks.

I like mickey bars if I'm in the mood for that kind of premium ice cream bar. I think the ice cream is as decent as any other ice cream bar and have a strong preference for dark over milk chocolate. But there are other ice cream treats I prefer much more like a cookie sandwich or just a plain cone etc. It kind of depends on my mood. They are good for what they are I think but what they are is not always what I want. My son prefers the mickey shaped oreo cookie ice cream sandwiches if we're buying from that type of a cart.

I'm not a huge fan of waffles but the kiddo likes them well enough, especially with nutella sauce at garden grill (but he also dips the tater tots into the nutella sauce). I can't tell you if they are good or bad because I'm more of a salty/savory girl myself. Give me bacon and nice crispy potatoes over waffles any day. I've never seen one that was "greasy" though.. only thing I've seen is pre-made and less than fresh and what comes with that (sometimes soggy, sometimes just not to temperature etc).

Even a bad waffle is a good waffle, IMO. Anywhere, any time.

As far as Mickey bars...I don't get the fascination. They taste like chemicals. My go-to is the cinnamon almonds. YUM!

I prefer the Mickey ice cream sandwiches. But every time I get them, they are upside down so I end up eating his chin first, instead of the ears! :)

I don't like chocolate, so mickey bars are out of the question for me. I do find however, that mickey waffles (the batter) is a step up from your typical frozen waffles. I generally don't care for waffles though, so yeah I don't get the hype either. I suppose if you enjoy ice cream bars and waffles and you are a Disney fan, that would be the reason why people dote on them so much. I really can't see myself ordering a mickey waffle just because it's mickey shaped. Bring on the pancakes :smooth:

I don't care for Mickey waffles. Not because there is anything wrong with them but because I just don't care for waffles in general. If there was Mickey French toast...I'd be ALL over that. Pretty much the only waffle I like and will seek out is the fruit & nutella waffle at Sleepy Hollow. DS is a waffle lover though and eats Mickey waffles every day of our trips without fail.

I like the Mickey bars but we tend to steer toward the mickey ice cream sandwiches after a tragic mickey bar death that caused heartache and tears. The sandwiches are easier to keep hold of in the August heat. We really only do those once or twice per trip though. We like a regular old ice cream cone better.

Mickey Bar - I do not think I have ever had a Mickey Bar, I might of taken a bit of someone else's once, but I am not a fan of any ice cream with a hard chocolate shell. I know people that love these types so have gotten one or two just because they then crave this type of treat.

Mickey Waffles - I have them occasionally, but they have never been greasy. I usually only eat them if I am at a buffet or it is a breakfast platter that it comes with the meal. They are good some times and bad others. I tend to make better waffles at home and can make Minnie Mouse waffles if I want so I never get them just to have a Mickey Waffle.

For most people, it will be about the shape of the food. I know when I was a kid, I loved food shaped like different things. I still love things shaped differently, which is why I have a Minnie Mouse waffle maker or make my pancakes in Mickey shape. I still occasionally might try something that is shaped different than "normal", but it still has to be something I have the potential to like. If I do not like it, I do not worry about it and do not get it again and do not worry if others like them or not. Everyone has different tastes.

It might be part memories that we like the mickey bars, but my husband is a definite foodie and he loves them. I agree they are a little difficult to eat, but not any different than any other chocolate coated ice cream bar.

The waffles are just different compared to what we make at home or what are made at our local breakfast places and yes we think they are good. There was a website that listed the actual product that disney uses for their waffles -- some sort of malt waffle mix. I can't wait to get some to make at home!!!

Don't eat either of them. If I want ice cream, I go to the France Pavilion in Epcot and get a cone. I love waffles but the Mickey ones remind me of eggos.

It might be part memories that we like the mickey bars, but my husband is a definite foodie and he loves them. I agree they are a little difficult to eat, but not any different than any other chocolate coated ice cream bar.

The waffles are just different compared to what we make at home or what are made at our local breakfast places and yes we think they are good. There was a website that listed the actual product that disney uses for their waffles -- some sort of malt waffle mix. I can't wait to get some to make at home!!!

Add this ingredient to your current pancake/waffle mix (not the complete version where you just add water) and you'll get the distinctive taste you desire:

https://www.kingarthurflour.com/shop/items/malted-milk-powder

The reps @ KA are very helpful and know their products. Not sure how much malted milk powder to add? Ask them.

HTH

I don't like the bar that much but I do love the ice cream sandwich :)
and the waffles are great. we don't have much of this here in Brazil so it's always a delight for us lol

Just tried a Mickey bar and a Mickey ice cream sandwich for the first time. We went to the Disney After Hours event and they were included in the price. I wasn't about to pass up free ice cream. So I had one of each! Maybe I've heard other people get really excited about them, so my expectations were high. But eh, I wasn't wowed. They were alright. I think if I am going to have ice cream at Disney, I know I could find much better options!!

never been a fan of the mickey bars, even as a kids...but I love me some mickey waffles...because they are so nice and thick! they have a good texture, I would like them even if they were not mickey shaped

OMG......Where do you get your waffles. I have a Mickey Waffle as part of my breakfast meal every morning and they are the lightest, most delicious waffle I ever had. As for the Mickey Ice Cream, YUM. I get my waffle and ice cream treat in ten more days and I can hardly wait.

It will be 11 days for me, but I also will have both!!! Main reason I pick SSR over OKW is Mickey Waffles at breakfast.

I always see all these posts with people all excited about their Mickey Bars, and Mickey Waffles.
Do you folks honestly like Mickey Bars and Mickey Waffles, or is it more the tradition and memories of having them? Is it the novelty of eating something Mickey - shaped? I think Mickey Bars are really rather average, and difficult to eat. Almost as soon as you bite it, the chocolate starts to fall apart. As for the waffles, I think they are terrible, and really greasy, and they don't taste like a waffle at all.

Well then, there are more for the folks who think Mickey Bars and Mickey Waffles are just the Bees Knees, aren't there?

:mickeybar:mickeybar:mickeybar:mickeybar:mickeybar:mickeybar

Yes, I honestly like them both!

I could ask the "do you honestly like..." about a number of things people are gaga over: churros, beignets, turkey legs, sushi, Earl of Sandwich...etc.

We all like different things, and there's nothing wrong with me or any of us who like Mickey Bars and Mickey Waffles just like there's nothing wrong with people who like stuff I don't get. :D Differences are what makes the world go round.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter