This year's gift

Got mine yesterday. Will use them for the new Star Wars movie.

Got mine! We are planning to see Frozen II but hadn't purchased tickets yet so it's perfect. I was super surprised- I didn't realize ABD Insiders got gifts. Judging from the thread title this is an annual thing? What have past gifts been? This is so exciting!

Got mine! We are planning to see Frozen II but hadn't purchased tickets yet so it's perfect. I was super surprised- I didn't realize ABD Insiders got gifts. Judging from the thread title this is an annual thing? What have past gifts been? This is so exciting!
Generally they do tickets like this around this time of year. But not everyone who is an Insider gets them. We've yet to find a pattern for who does and who doesn't.

They used to send stuff that related to new trips, like a book of Greek Mythology when they added Greece, various DVDs, things like that. But I haven't gotten anything besides the annual movie tickets in a LONG time.

Sayhello

Last edited:

Wasnt expecting any seeing we moved - we got two sets of two (different mailings) and when I just went to use them for 2 tickets Frozen II, it applied $18 as a credit on the total cost - so 3 left!

So I saw Frozen 2 courtesy of ABD this morning. OMG, it's *FABULOUS*!!! I really loved the story & the music and the character development. And it was gorgeous. Amazing animation.

I highly recommend seeing it!!!

Sayhello

Did everyone else receive the Insiders' gift? It's two tickets to Frozen 2 or another Disney film
I hate to complain but we’ve been “insiders” for 8 years and taken 6 ABD trips. I’ve never once gotten a gift. In fact I bought my parents a trip to China with us and since then they get a gift (but not me?!?) including the movie passes.
isn’t this odd?

I hate to complain but we’ve been “insiders” for 8 years and taken 6 ABD trips. I’ve never once gotten a gift. In fact I bought my parents a trip to China with us and since then they get a gift (but not me?!?) including the movie passes.
isn’t this odd?
Have you talked to ABD about this? The gifts are administered by an outside company, not ABD themselves, and there *might* be something ABD can do about it. You don't live in Canada, do you? They can't send to Canada.

Sayhello

isn’t this odd?

I was an insider for 5 years and took 7 trips before I received a gift last year and then this year. It's very strange. But take Sayhello's advice. I complained and it didn't do any good, but you might be lucky.

Fyi, be very careful with your promo codes for the movies. They are not refundable or exchangeable. It does not say that on the promo code. It only says it on the fandango website. There's a link on the code to that info, but I know people might not take that extra step. I learned last year when I had to rush to change things so I could make the Dumbo tix I purchased, cause it was not refundable.

Thanks again for the suggestion. I just called, and the vacationists apologized and said she would send me tickets. Crossing fingers!!!!
If you don't get them in a reasonable time frame, call again! Last year they ended up having to e-mail me a code (which worked). Thankfully this year I got the passes in the mail.

We saw it Sunday and enjoyed it. Loved the dresses. My 12 year old is bummed that they don't make princess dresses in her size.

But why are the theaters so loud!??! I forgot my ear plugs and had to stuff napkins in our ears.

So I saw Frozen 2 courtesy of ABD this morning. OMG, it's *FABULOUS*!!! I really loved the story & the music and the character development. And it was gorgeous. Amazing animation.

I highly recommend seeing it!!!

Sayhello

Does everyone get a gift or only after a certain number of trips? We completed one trip in October and didn't receive the Frozen 2 tickets.

Does everyone get a gift or only after a certain number of trips? We completed one trip in October and didn't receive the Frozen 2 tickets.

Prior to this year, we had taken only one previous ABD and received movie tickets twice. We did not get them for Frozen, and this was post-second ABD.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!