Those Crazy Imagineers...

purplefern

Earning My Ears
...Are trying to make Altlantis: The Lost Empire relevant to the parks! If you haven't seen it (which isn't that surprising, it's a mostly forgotten movie), Atlantis is a Disney film from the 2000s. It was different from a lot of other Disney movies because it's a steampunky adventure movie. Also you should watch it, it's a good movie.
Anyway, at the ride Miss Adventure Falls at Typhoon Lagoon, there's this bell:
10_MissAdventureFalls_zpsj7xthbfq.jpg

At the bottom of the bell in orange it has some Atlantean writing!
And, with Imagineers doing their on-going stories with the Society of Explorers and Adventurers (explanation here, if you don't know about that:
, )
it looks like Atlantis will be a part of that too! If you've seen the movie, it honestly makes perfect sense time period-wise, plus it's so easy to see Whitmore and Thaddeus Thatch as members of SEA.
I always liked Atlantis growing up, and I think it's really cool of Imagineers to slip in these references.
Thoughts?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!