• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Those of you with small children, or other family members not on diets

snoopy

<font color=green>This space for rent<br><font col
How do you resist the "goodies" around the house you have for them?

I went grocery shopping on Friday, and bought my WW treats, and I figured I'd better buy them treats too or they would get into mine! But last night those cookies that I bought for the kids were calling my name. I resisted the urge, thank goodness.

I'm considering just not buying the junk and coming up with ways to make fruit and veggies exciting for my kids. Any ideas?

I understand how you feel. With triplets and a 10yo in the house you can't imagine how there snack basket looks! Pringles, and chips and little debbies everywhere. I set them right on the counter and next that is my fruits and fresh veggies. I'm just getting started so I think of any thing junk as totally going off the wagon and don't if tempted myself. If you have a sweet thooth. I love cantouple and watermelon things like that would help you not want there junk. And remember how guilty you'd feel if you ate something off your plan not to mention how crappy your body will feel. Eating heathly makes you feel so much better. Grab yourselve a hand full of carrots or and apple and keep on plugging along. Don't give in. Best wishes

You have two choices...

Either have incredible will power and tough it out...

Or... have them join you in eating better. :)

I went the second route. My whole family eat's low carb now (DH just converted and DD has been for several weeks now). I keep legal treats for a low carb life style on hand and everyone has the same options available. So now the treat options include berries with real whipped cream sweetened with splenda (I have a NO2 cream whipper in the fridge), deviled eggs, cheesecake (made with splenda and no crust but otherwise a traditional cheesecake), various nuts including macadamias, almonds, and pecans, and natural style peanut butter with no sugar slathered on celery stalks! YUM! I love this way of eating!
LOL! The family does not mind because it really is satisfying food. The good news is... DD's acne is clearing up on this and DH is losing weight (he needed to). I feel better with all of them avoiding sugar and highly refined / high processed foods.

Wishing you success.

Good luck with this Snoops. Are there any cookies that you <b>don't</b> like but the kids do like? Buy those instead :)

I think your second option is a great idea, if you can pull it off.

I'm going to do a combination of what DixieDreamer said, and what nativetxn said... I'm going to stop buying "junk" for the kids and let them have my Weight Watcher treats if they want that, then I plan on buying just a few regular treats for them, but I'll make sure they are ones that won't tempt me.

I like the idea of getting my entire family to eat healthier, so I want to cut out the junk entirely, over a period of time.

DH is supposed to be on a diet too :p
He doesn't crave sweets like I do, so there really isn't too much of a problem. He just buys things I won't touch, like dark chocolate.

Will Power is the only way I can do it. My DH does not eat many vegetables or fruits. You can forget a salad at our house, unless I am the only one eating. Luckily we (DH and I) only eat together on the weekends since we are opposite shifts. During the week I usually fix items DDs and I will both eat or 2 very easy to make meals. Cassie likes mostly what I like....Mandy is like her Dad so it is a lot tougher with her. I still bake for DH, he loves chocolate, and am able to resist most of the time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter