Those Post Code Codes.....

Troy08

Mouseketeer
At least twice in the last 3 years, both my mother and myself(we live at the same address) have recieved post cards with pin codes, advertising great rates at DW hotels. We threw them out because we could not go at that time and know they are not transferrable. Now with all this talk about codes attached to names.....my brother, mother, daughter and I(we always go to DW together)have booked WL with a AAA rate, not really that good though) for July 11-15.When my brother booked the room only, he started to give the other names and the CM then read our names from his ressie history I guess. Now, are those pin codes attached to names only good for check in by July4th????or should I call back to see if they might work for July11th.

The CM never said, Oh, you have pins attached to sisters and moms name so my brother thinks there are none. I told him, you have to specifically ask, they won;t tell you even if they are there. I guess I am asking, will I look like a fool if I call and ask?

I'd call. Can't hurt that's for sure. You might even ask if the dates can be extended to your dates if they only go to 7/4. Some people had codes for different times and they extended the offer. Worst thing that can happen is they say "no."

I would try as they may extend the offer, but do not get your hopes up. The rate is based on your check-in. I had to juggle my reesie for June and add a night at a 2nd resort due to air. I could not use my pin for a 7/4 check-in. I had to move my current reesie forward. The original ressie as AKL was 6/25-7/4 - I needed to add a night onto 7/4 at a value/moderate and could not use the PIN. I ended up changing the original AKL reesie to 6/26-7/5, and adding 1 night at POP for the beginning of our vacation.

BTW, there was very limited availability at a moderate, hence the reesie at POP.

Also, if you are considering a deluxe I would continue to watch for codes. The period you are talking is value season, and rack rates and the resultant offer would be less than what is advertised in the pin.

Well I got really curious so I called CRO this afternoon. Asked them to check my brothers ressie, and told them that I knew I had received a pin post card in the past. Well lo and behold there WAS a pin by my name, but ALAS, the pin was good for stays in April only-since we can only go in July, once more I am out of luck. Still though, I will sleep better at night knowing that I did check......I am sure we will enjoy our stay at the WL regardless of what we are paying.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter