Those who eat Table Service Breakfast.....

I have family members with food allergies so we pretty much eat all meals TS. We have breakfasts when places first open at 7:30 or 8. Then our lunches are around 11:30 or 12 and tend to be lighter. Dinners are usually 4:30 or 5.

Yes, if we do a big breakfast, we usually snack for lunch and then do a bigger dinner. Days that we don't do a bigger breakfast we do a bigger lunch and then whatever we all feel like for dinner.

Yes. We might eat something like a snack or have finger food at a lounge/bar but usually we have breakfast and dinner only.

For me it depends on the time of the meal. A 10:00 breakfast buffet? I'm probably having ice cream for "lunch" and a 5:30 or 6:00 TS dinner. An omelette and a coffee at 7:30 or 8:00? I'm getting a lunch, which is probably not going to be sit down.

In general though we ate 3 meals a day. 1-2 were TS and the others were QS.

I'm impressed with y'all eating just 2 meals a day with all that walking :laughing:

At home, we eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Added walking tends to just make us hungrier so we definitely aren't skipping meals. Now, we aren't buffet people or overeaters so when we hit a table service breakfast, I get a standard, breakfast sized meal like I would at home - 2 eggs, 2 bacon, and some fruit. Or an egg white frittata and fruit. And it would normally be around 7:30/8am.

By noon? My stomach is growling - just like at home. I don't want a 3 course meal but a shawarma platter at Tangierine Cafe would hit the spot :D

I calorie count, though, so eating before I'm starving is the key to my success. Skipping a meal and just chowing down on a bunch of snacks doesn't tend to keep me full as long and kills my diet.

OP - While long days at the park can affect your eating habits (esp when it's hot and humid), don't discount what your normal family routine is. In our house, we eat 3 solid meals and keep snacking to a minimum. Works for us. At Disney, we tend to keep to that because we avoid being hangry and it's cost efficient. Maybe plan for your norm and tweak along the way?

We only skip lunch if we book a late ADR which we do try to do because Breakfast is cheaper than Lunch and often we prefer the breakfast food. If it is an early ADR around 7-8am then we eat a QS lunch.

Those of you who eat TS breakfast at WDW.....

Do you tend to skip lunch?

Absolutely!

My first time on the deluxe plan, I booked B/L/D for every day of our 10 days trip. Even with an 8am-ish breakfast, when 1:30 came, we were still so full. Our dinner ressies were for 7-ish. By day 2, not only did I find we wasted so much time in the restaurants (and getting to the restaurants), I clearly remember sitting outside Le Cellier waiting for our table (we ate at Tusker House at 7:45 and Yak & Yeti at 1:30), calling disney dining and cancelling all our lunches for the remainder of the trip. SInce I already booked the breakfast/dinners each day too, I didnt bother changing the times and grabbed an ice cream or snack if we were hungry in between meals, but every trip after that, I still booked deluxe, but had an 8:30 - 9am breakfast and a 6:00ish dinner (signature or dinner show to use up credits) Most days we dont even have a snack in between and end up with about 70 snack credits (family of 5), but we do have an ice cream here and there and my very hungry husband on occasion will get a QS lunch if our dinner is going to be a bit later.

My daughter did the math one year as a homework assignment. I only broke even because she brought home 50ish rice krispie treats/chip&dale snacks with our left over snack credits. In 10 - 12 days, its hard to use the credits on the deluxe plan even with going to 2 dinner shows, CRT, some signature dinners. I only do the dining plan because I like having my trip planned and paid for before I go and I do deluxe because on vacation, I refuse to carry a tray, look for my own seat, or clean off a table...I like all TS....nice to get off my feet for an hour or so too.

If we have a big TS breakfast, and have reservations for a TS dinner, we will use some snack credits for a light lunch.

If we have a TS breakfast, lunch is typically a pretzel or giant pickle. Then a normal dinner...600 or so.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter