Those who've done MNSSHP, what did you do for dinner?

Ducky'sMom

Mom to a smol bean and a spicy potato <3
I'm trying to figure out our strategy for that day. We're not doing a park, but rather waking up late and doing things near the resort (Beach Club). I'm still playing around with ideas, but was considering Cape May for breakfast, pool time at Stormalong, then late lunch/early dinner at Beaches n' Cream. I see there were several quick service places open during the party last year, but I'm worried about cutting into party time by stopping to eat. So what did your group do when they got hungry at the party? Is there a particular place that would make a good stop, perhaps because it had a good view of the parade/show or a party-only dessert? I think I'm just worried that by the time the party "officially" starts at 7 that my daughter will be out of fuel.

We've done MNSSHP twice, which both times we spent the day at MK. Because the park closes early, the crowd level during the day is pretty low. For one of the parties we checked in for the party at 4 and had a very early dinner at The Plaza then got in line for the 7 Dwarves (we were about 8th on line) and the other party we had a very late lunch at BOG, checked in for the party and then got on line for Jack and Sally (we were first on line). We didn't mind sitting around and waiting for a couple of hours in both cases. This gave us a chance to recharge and relax a bit and we were able to take care of our main character M&G without losing out on party time (both lines were extremely long by the time the party started).

Since you’re paying money for a hard ticket event with limited hours available, you’re correct to avoid a sit down meal in the park. That’ll just eat up valuable time, especially between 4pm and 7pm when restaurant lines will still have many people who aren’t attending the party. My family brings some snacks with us if our son gets hungry, and then we seek out grab and go or counter service options after 7pm that we can enjoy at a bench for 15-20 minutes, and then get back to enjoying the party.

I would do a bigger late lunch/early dinner like you suggested at/near your hotel before you leave for the party and then just snack or get something quick if you are hungry during the party

We always split up around 5:30 or 6:00. One person in our group goes and stakes out a spot in line for our 1st choice character and the other takes the children to grab quick service for dinner. Last time, we ate at Cosmic Rays. After a quick dinner, we join the adult waiting in line no later than 6:30 or so. We use that time in line to sit and rest for a bit and take turns running to the bathroom. We bring to-go food to whoever missed dinner.

Every time we do a party, I wish there were more outside-park buffet options for lunch.

We went to Mnsshp last October and grabbed a bite at Casey's at 330. Itveas quick and filling, we were able to ride a few rides then get in line to meet Moana (actually got to meet her at 645) thrn had the rest if the party to enjoy everything!

On our last visit to MNSSHP, we had a late lunch at the Wave. Then we walked over to the park from the Contemporary, just before 4pm. We were staying off site, but our friend had an annual pass and a TIW card, so she decided to take advantage of the valet parking at the resort. Very convenient, being able to just walk back and have our car brought to us after the party!

For "dinner", we simply had something small from the Frontierland quick service (Pecos Bill) that we ate while waiting for the parade (right outside). Between the ample lunch from the Wave, and all the candy we'd collected, we weren't very hungry.

(I don't even remember what I had - some chicken fingers, maybe?)

The day we did MNSSHP, we spent the morning at our resort being lazy, lol. We walked around Disney Springs for a couple of hours.DD had a reservation at the Pirate's League at 4:30. We had dinner reservations at Crystal Palace at 5:45. Our daughter wasn't interested in meeting characters, she wanted to do rides and get candy! It worked for us. We rode lots and came home with sooooo much candy!

We've done it all.

Big late breakfast in am, followed by resort time, then QS at hotel or park around 4 pm.
Small breakfast, followed by resort time, early Table Service at a resort or park 2-4 pm.
Small breakfast, park, table or counter meal around 3:30 or 4.
With all the early dinners it leaves us room for the special snacks at the Party.
A favorite has been the Sleepy Hollow waffle and ice cream.

We went in early (after 4:00) and had reservations at Liberty Tree Tavern. Worked well because it was pouring! : (

I have been to the party twice. Once I had a TS ressie at BOG. Missed a good deal of party time. Won’t do that again. The second time, I popped into Casey’s Corner after the first parade.
I ate a later than usual lunch at the resort before going. I am sort of glad I did. It held me over until Casey’s thinned our.

I just wanted to say thank you for this thread! We're going to do MNSSHP for the first time this year and I hadn't considered dinner plans at all. These suggestions make a lot of sense!

We usually arrive at 4pm and eat something at Cosmic Rays before the party starts. My kids do best with that!

We've done parties several times and generally do what posters above had said. Eat a big TS lunch and then grab QS in MK around 5:30 or so.

in 2015 we were still actually IN Magic Kingdom at 7pm (and all day for that matter). We found one of the armband locations and got our armband as soon as we could. We had a latish lunch and really just snacked as we got hungry in MK.....In our case we had the counter service at Gaston's Tavern. As I just now looked at the menu it didn't reflect what we had. I swear we ate a huge pork knuckle type along with a LeFou Brew....but for the life of me I can't prove it. lol! It isn't on the menu there anymore! I would most definitely NOT waste precious party time to eat! Eat a large lunch and grab something quick as you are waiting in line for photos with the 7 Dwarfs or Jack Skellington :)

We ate later that day at the resort and headed over to MK to be in the gates by 4:00. We were part of a group of nine. Around 5:00, half of us ate at Cosmic Ray's while the other half of us enjoyed Space Mountain and the Peoplemover, then we switched...that way we had a table. It was super crowded!

Later in the evening, we used the "secret" passageway to grab a Dole Whip and then we sat on the porch in Frontierland enjoyed the Cadaver Dans and the parade!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter