Thought they gave us monthly cc payments. Would've been nice.

Donna M

DIS Veteran
I got the email today saying I could sign up to pay dues on the cc and monthly. We take a cash back when we use our cc and 500 points makes for a lot of dues. It will be nice to get a little back on the card.

You can’t use CC for monthly. There was some confusion but DVC confirmed the new autopay for CC is just yearly.

Sorry, I should have clarified....such as a service fee for paying monthly versus yearly.

^There are no additional charges for paying monthly via automatic withdrawal from your checking account, so total dues are the same as paying annually. However, you have long been able to pay annually via credit card and thus get any credit card points as a result. The only thing that has changed is that you can now set up a credit card to have automatic annual payment via credit card of dues on January 15.

A lot of people misinterpreted that email -- myself included!

"Autopay" for DVC dues has always meant 12 monthly payments. Setting up a CC for a payment in full on a specific date isn't "autopay" it's.....payment in full by CC.

SMH at DVC for this....

Autopay is anytime you set it up in advance to pay something.

So it is still considered autopay if you can now do it for payment in full via CC in January.

Now if people set this up they don’t have to worry ever year.

I have been on monthly autopay for years now and have never worried about the payment or missing a payment.
Yes, but monthly auto pay has always had to be linked to a bank account, not a credit card...and apparently that isn't changing.

Bummer that they didn't allow the monthly automatic payments to be made by credit card. I would have liked the earning the points on my card, but looks like I will keep with the monthly payments from my bank account.

Bummer that they didn't allow the monthly automatic payments to be made by credit card. I would have liked the earning the points on my card, but looks like I will keep with the monthly payments from my bank account.

You can keep the option of direct debit if you set that up when you purchased DVC, and still use a credit card to make payments on your dues account online starting when they first hit the account in December. You can pay all up front or part of it. It won't interrupt your debit, and if you do it one month and forget it the next, the amount needed for the month will be debited from your bank account. If you've paid it before the debit happens, it doesn't debit.

I do not know if someone who doesn't already have the auto debit set up can start it or not. But it sounds like you do. If you are in another country be sure and use a card that has no foreign transaction fees.

This is copied from under the 'dues' section of the Menu:

Select Amount to Pay
Pay Balance
$0.00

Pay by Contract
4 Contracts

Payment Method
*required field

You can pay using a Disney® Visa® Card, another credit or debit card, a Disney Gift Card or a Disney Rewards Redemption Card.

There is a drop down menu for each of the payment options. My balance is zero, but before I paid it off, it had what I owed remaining as I made each payment.

You can go in and pay whatever amount you want monthly with a credit card even if they do not have credit card autopay.

That is not true. You have to pay off the balance to use a CC. I have tried and it is not an option.

Now, if you have more than one contract, you can pay that off, but not just pay the monthly or different amount

I have always paid most of the dues off in one payment. We live in Canada and when the dollar was good we would make a payment that was equal to the previous years dues and then pay off the remaining balance when it was due

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter