Thought they gave us monthly cc payments. Would've been nice.

That is not true. You have to pay off the balance to use a CC. I have tried and it is not an option.

It is, with a workaround.

First step, get a Disney gift card *with your cc*. That’s how you get the points on your cc from paying dues. When I do it I get the amount of that month’s payment or close to it.

Sign in. Go to Dues. Click Pay Balance. Then choose to Pay by Contract. And that will show you this info: “Contracts Enrolled in Autopay can only receive partial payments by Disney Gift Card or Disney Rewards Redemption Card.”

Choose the amount. Type in your gift card number. Submit it. Done.

As long as you do it by the day before your autopay, it will stop that month from being autopaid. And you get the points from buying the GC. I buy them at the grocery store; whichever store is having a gas rewards bonus on GCs that month.

It is, with a workaround.

First step, get a Disney gift card *with your cc*. That’s how you get the points on your cc from paying dues. When I do it I get the amount of that month’s payment or close to it.

Sign in. Go to Dues. Click Pay Balance. Then choose to Pay by Contract. And that will show you this info: “Contracts Enrolled in Autopay can only receive partial payments by Disney Gift Card or Disney Rewards Redemption Card.”

Choose the amount. Type in your gift card number. Submit it. Done.

As long as you do it by the day before your autopay, it will stop that month from being autopaid. And you get the points from buying the GC. I buy them at the grocery store; whichever store is having a gas rewards bonus on GCs that month.

Using the Disney Gift card was not what I was referring to. I was referring to making partial payments using the CC.

That you can not do, But yes, you can pay with a Disney gift card, which can be purchased with a CC.

I did that last year a few times and honestly, it wasn’t worth the extra effort.

This year, I’ll continue with monthly until mid year and then pay the rest off with CC.

Using the Disney Gift card was not what I was referring to. I was referring to making partial payments using the CC.

That you can not do, But yes, you can pay with a Disney gift card, which can be purchased with a CC.

I did that last year a few times and honestly, it wasn’t worth the extra effort.

This year, I’ll continue with monthly until mid year and then pay the rest off with CC.

I've had debit set up since I purchased 20 years ago. A few years back when dues went online, we have been able to use a credit card to pay monthly.

I posted what the website says in a prior post. You can pay monthly with a credit card if you have debit set up. You can use a credit card, Disney gift card or Disney rewards card.

You choose the 'pay by contract' option.

I've had debit set up since I purchased 20 years ago. A few years back when dues went online, we have been able to use a credit card to pay monthly.

I posted what the website says in a prior post. You can pay monthly with a credit card if you have debit set up. You can use a credit card, Disney gift card or Disney rewards card.

You choose the 'pay by contract' option.

It doesn’t work that way for any of my contracts. I have auto debit set up and I had to enter a checking account,

I I try to enter a CC it doesn’t work and if I want to pay that way each month, I have to pay off the balance of the contract...not just the monthly amount.

So, I do not have the option to have the monthly payment go to a CC. It gives me an invalid message. Here is what it says:

It doesn’t work that way for any of my contracts. I have auto debit set up and I had to enter a checking account,

I I try to enter a CC it doesn’t work and if I want to pay that way each month, I have to pay off the balance of the contract...not just the monthly amount.

So, I do not have the option to have the monthly payment go to a CC. It gives me an invalid message. Here is what it says:

View attachment 532725
Interesting. And of course right now I'm completely paid up so I can't even double check my account.

Interesting. And of course right now I'm completely paid up so I can't even double check my account.

Yeah. It was why I was excited to see it might be changing. But, doesn’t appear to be,

I have tried the gift card route and I found it a pain and not worth the extra time,

This year, I think I will just keep it as Is and at some point, simply pay the balance off of each contract over the course of time.

Yeah. It was why I was excited to see it might be changing. But, doesn’t appear to be,

I have tried the gift card route and I found it a pain and not worth the extra time,

This year, I think I will just keep it as Is and at some point, simply pay the balance off of each contract over the course of time.

I've done gift cards as well.

If you do not have automatic pay set up, you can use your credit card to pre-pay whenever you like.

But without auto set up for monthly from bank account, you have to pay in full by February.

The Issue is that if you want to take advantage of monthly payments, you can’t do that by entering CC each month to cover the pro rated amount.

You have to pay the contract off in full. But, you can go in any time during the year, and pay it off And as long as it is the full balance due, you can use your CC

If you do not have automatic pay set up, you can use your credit card to pre-pay whenever you like.
When you say pre-pay, you mean pay in advance and build up a credit balance over the year that covers dues the following January, then keep making payments to build up a credit balance for the next year, right?

When you say pre-pay, you mean pay in advance and build up a credit balance over the year that covers dues the following January, then keep making payments to build up a credit balance for the next year, right?

Wow! That is a great tip and it does indeed work! I just tried it. So, I can pay in full in February for my 2021 dues and then start doing extra monthly toward 2022.

Awesome way around it!

I use the United MileagePlus X app to buy a gift card on my phone each month. It only takes a few seconds to buy the card and copy the number into the DVC dues payment site. Using the app gives me 3 miles per dollar for Disney gift cards, plus a 25% bonus just for having a United branded credit card. I actually use a different card that gives me 3% cash back on all online purchases to buy the gift card, getting me a total of 6.75% back for minimal hassle. The whole process takes less than a minute, entirely on my phone, and gets me back ~$5.37/month. I don't know if other reward programs have a similar app to make it easy for people that aren't United flyers.

Attachments

• IMG_0255.jpg
    IMG_0255.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 1
I use the United MileagePlus X app to buy a gift card on my phone each month. It only takes a few seconds to buy the card and copy the number into the DVC dues payment site. Using the app gives me 3 miles per dollar for Disney gift cards, plus a 25% bonus just for having a United branded credit card. I actually use a different card that gives me 3% cash back on all online purchases to buy the gift card, getting me a total of 6.75% back for minimal hassle. The whole process takes less than a minute, entirely on my phone, and gets me back ~$5.37/month. I don't know if other reward programs have a similar app to make it easy for people that aren't United flyers.
Thanks for the tip but my card doesn’t have it. But I have a new plan to pay each contract..I have 4 each month and then begin a credit each month toward 2022 so by that time I’m basically doing monthly pretty easily!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter