Thoughts on Be Our Guest since it went to signature

oceanmarina

DIS Veteran
Hi all,

We usually do BOG once a trip as it’s my DD’s favorite. However we really didn’t enjoy our dinner there this past August - we thought it was a better meal when it was a single point / before the change. I was wondering peoples thoughts on the change, if people thought the change was for the better or not. I’m thinking of skipping it this trip as it didn’t feel worthy the 2 points to us.

We weren’t able to get dinner reservations in July, so we settled for lunch. It was not worth the one QS point pp we used. It felt like we were eating in a fancy cafeteria. Bizarre. The food was nothing special, actually very salty. We won’t be returning for one QS or two TS points.

We went in November and really enjoyed it. I did miss where they no longer have the napkin roses and my favorite dish the shrimp and scallops but the steak was pretty good.

Definitely not worth two credits, or paying out of pocket for dinner, in my opinion. Definitely worth it for a PPO breakfast, especially knowing that you do not have to order a full (ridiculously overpriced) meal for each person, you can just order coffee.

We were there in September, paid OOP and enjoyed our meal. At the time, I believe it was only $55 so a good value OOP, but in my opinion a terrible use of two credits. Not sure what the current pricing is and whether that has changed at all.

We will be trying it for the first time in June, we used to go to the dinner before it became a signature restaurant and I became very disappointed that they switched my shrimp and scallops dish. I loved it when it was in the pastry puff, then they decided to serve it as a pasta dish with a mini pastry puff on the side (which I only got because I asked about it not being in a pastry puff anymore, so they kindly brought me out a small pastry puff the size of a dinner roll). We did return one more time and I still got the same dish in hopes that I would enjoy it more, unfortunately I did not (and I didn't even get a small pastry puff that time). The rest of my family liked the dishes that they got, but it wasn't their favorite (I think they only went because I love the restaurant so much due to the theme inside and because I am a HUGE B&TB fan), so we decided to just dine there for breakfast and lunch instead...my family prefers the lunch much more but we like to get a PPO breakfast ADR too. When I was making reservations for our upcoming trip, we decided to give this new menu a try only because we are going to be on the DxDP, if it wasn't for that, we probably would of skipped out on it. However I am excited to try the filet there :goodvibes.

We went in November and really enjoyed it. I did miss where they no longer have the napkin roses and my favorite dish the shrimp and scallops but the steak was pretty good.
My favorite meal was the shrimp and scallops, too. In fact, that has been one of the best meals I have ever had at WDW. In December, I ordered the seafood bouillabaisse. It was good, but nothing compared to the shrimp and scallops. The good thing about the new prix fixe meal is that it forced us to try the appetizers, which we have never done before. The French onion soup was to die for! It will probably be awhile before we go back, unless it's for breakfast or lunch.

We couldn't justify eating dinner there last May and our lunch was quite good. 2 credits for dinner is crazy but then we don't think any meal is worth 2 credits unless you are on the Deluxe plan and have credits to burn.

I suspect the next move was making lunch a TS credit. I would rather eat at CHH.

We had dinner there in October and loved everything about it. The filet was outstanding, the service was perfect, and the wine list is quite good. Definitely want to return.

We went in November. We enjoyed it, but it probably wasn't the best use of two credits. We have been many times in the past and it was a better value to me as a one credit. It was still nice though. The theming is fantastic and is hard to match. If you have already been you probably can skip it without feeling bad, it's not like there isn't a ton of other great restaurants to try.

We hated our dinner at BOG when it was a one credit meal so I certainly wouldn’t bother now! If it is DD’s favorite try lunch ... better value with the ambiance. BOG is (in my opinion) greatly over rated ... it is noisy, rushed. And the food is mediocre. Lunch at least is reasonably priced!

We did the dinner once - never again. WE passed on BOG completely on our most recent trip. Will probably do a PPO breakfast or a lunch next Dec, because our grandsons will be there the first time and DD wants to try it. Nice to do at least once. After that, meh.

My wife and I went last week for dinner. We enjoyed the meal. As for "value", we paid out of pocket, and enjoyed the annual pass holder discount. Had we been on the dining plan, there is no way that we'd use 2 credits at Be Our Guest when we could use the same number of credits at Narcoossee's or Citrico's or California Grille and enjoy a vastly superior (and more than twice as expensive) meal.

BOG dinner was a must-do for us when it was 1 credit. It's off the list entirely since it went to 2 credits, it's just not worth it anymore. We'll be OOP next trip, but doing our one splurge meal at Tiffins.

I do still love the lunch, we'll do that once or twice a trip.

My favorite meal was the shrimp and scallops, too. In fact, that has been one of the best meals I have ever had at WDW. In December, I ordered the seafood bouillabaisse. It was good, but nothing compared to the shrimp and scallops. The good thing about the new prix fixe meal is that it forced us to try the appetizers, which we have never done before. The French onion soup was to die for! It will probably be awhile before we go back, unless it's for breakfast or lunch.

The French onion soup has always been my favorite appetizer there.

We went a couple of weeks ago for dinner. We were not on the dining plan so paid out of pocket and went in with really low expectations because of all the bad reviews. We ended up really enjoying it! The food was awesome. Loved the French onion soup and the filet mignon. The mashed potatoes and green beans were delicious too. And I was shocked that I even enjoyed the dessert (except the dark chocolate truffle....not a fan of dark chocolate).

Our server was wonderful and there was no kids running around or being super loud (expected that too based off reviews) The only negative was how close the tables were....we were a party of two and sat between another table of two and a table of four. We were so close it felt like we were all eating together, which made conversation with my husband feel awkward because we knew the others around us could hear every word we said (we could hear their conversations and not because we wanted to).

We enjoyed our meal and the restaurant is beautiful! Didn’t bother with the beast because not really into that, but he did walk through the dining room 3 times during our meal (right by our table) and that was enough for me.... didn’t need to see him personally haha! I don’t know that it was “worth” the cost, but everything is overpriced in Disney. We had a lovely meal in a beautiful restaurant so I would return again.

We went both before and after the switch and I agree 100% with OP we like our meal MUCH better before it switched over to prix fixe. The food felt more like catering food than freshly cooked, and I hated that there was no ability the choose the dessert (presentation of dessert was cute, but did not enjoy the taste). And at the price point it felt wayyy overpriced, especially because our under three year old had to pay full price out of pocket, unlike other prix-fixe like Akershus or Cinderella's where they let the little one have a small meal at no additional charge, since the little ones don't have dining credits of their own.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter